Who got interviews already and where??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I called Minnesota today and informed the director of admissions of the inverse relationship between airfare cost and time!...he said that the person in charge of sending us email replies has been out of the office, sick, but "not to worry - the interview dates notification email will be sent out this week."
:)

Members don't see this ad.

For those of you who have already attended your UPenn interview, what was the lunch like?

For those of you who have already attended your UPenn interview, what was the lunch like?

They had several different options in ready-to-go containers. The lunches had big sandwiches (you could choose from different types -- i'm not sure all what kinds they had sorry..), potato salad, and 2 cookies. At least that's what they had at my interview (1/12). Ummm, they said if the lunch options didn't work for anyone, to let them know.

Hope this helps!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Tsuki... have you called Washington regarding the conflict with Illinois? Any luck at all? I'm really hoping that we can work something out...

Tsuki... have you called Washington regarding the conflict with Illinois? Any luck at all? I'm really hoping that we can work something out...

Just spoke to Barbara Hodson..she says that no one has cancelled for the other days (2/14 and 2/16) and I'm pretty much stuck with my date unless someone cancels. I left my phone number with her in hopes that something comes up. Maybe someone from here that is scheduled for the other two days would be willing to switch ?? :)

I sooo don't want to miss out on either Illinois or Washington. Kinda sucks to have conflicts like these, but I suppose I should be glad that I have interviews in the first place!

tsuki - we washingtonians have yet to hear if we have interviews... if i do, i'm more than happy to switch, as it is just a drive over the night before. i should automatically be put in the tier that gets interviews, but have found no reason to any of this madness, and may be rejected outright. will let you know as soon as i hear....

Just spoke to Barbara Hodson..she says that no one has cancelled for the other days (2/14 and 2/16) and I'm pretty much stuck with my date unless someone cancels. I left my phone number with her in hopes that something comes up. Maybe someone from here that is scheduled for the other two days would be willing to switch ?? :)

I sooo don't want to miss out on either Illinois or Washington. Kinda sucks to have conflicts like these, but I suppose I should be glad that I have interviews in the first place!

That is absolutely ridiculous. What do they expect you to do? If the schools can communicate about who they're accepting (so everyone else can reject you if you're already in somewhere!), they can communicate about their interview dates. Or at least have alternate dates.

tsuki - we washingtonians have yet to hear if we have interviews... if i do, i'm more than happy to switch, as it is just a drive over the night before. i should automatically be put in the tier that gets interviews, but have found no reason to any of this madness, and may be rejected outright. will let you know as soon as i hear....

Thanks wildfocus..but I just received a call back from Barbara and my interview has been moved to 2/16. YAY! Thanks again for the offer. I'll cross my fingers for you :luck:

I'm really looking forward to seeing some of the different schools..

WHOA.

i got my Penn invite today!! :D i'll be in the 2/16 crowd!

haha, tsuki, you're right... worrying about getting so many interviews that they're conflicting isn't necessarily a bad thing ;)

congrats emio!

are you large or small animal?

thank you, charoldy!

i'm large... one of the NBC days. the letter said the emphasis would be on equine, which is me.

i meant that i checked 'large' on the post card... not meant as an adjective, lol.

Penn by snail mail today. Interview 2/16. Large animal (equine) for me too.

Penn by snail mail today. Interview 2/16. Large animal (equine) for me too.

I think I checked other on the card. Has anybody who checked "other" gotten an interview invitation? Haven't people already received rejection letters from penn?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think I checked other on the card. Has anybody who checked "other" gotten an interview invitation? Haven't people already received rejection letters from penn?

I checked "other" and filled in "research", and got an interview invitation last week or the week before, for 2/2. I had to reschedule (darnit!!!) to 2/23 because of a conflict with another school, and I'm really hoping I didn't shoot myself in the foot by doing that. Penn is my first choice, I had just scheduled this other interview first and already bought my plane tickets and everything. Grr........

I checked small animal and other, writing in "research" with other (I'm interested in both). Interviewed 1/19, accepted 1/22 (Monday morning!:eek:)

I checked small animal and other, writing in "research" with other (I'm interested in both). Interviewed 1/19, accepted 1/22 (Monday morning!:eek:)

Monday morning? I would have been crying all weekend that I didn't get a phone call that night

*Fingers Crossed* Hoping for equine interview at Penn... Maybe it's just in the mail...

Trying NOT to obsess about the lack of news from CSU....:scared:

*Fingers Crossed* Hoping for equine interview at Penn... Maybe it's just in the mail...

Trying NOT to obsess about the lack of news from CSU....:scared:

Hi there JIKJen...! I saw you were already accepted to Ohio and Michigan (CONGRATS)!!! Are you still waiting for your top choice (if you have a top choice)? Anyways, GOOD LUCK!! I hope you get in where you want. :)

Hi all, I'm new and so glad I found this site, it's great! Anyway I interviewed at KSU 1-7 and was invited to interview at Washington and Western but declined because I was accepted to CSU :)

I'm greatful/lucky/all that stuff for already having a choice of places! Trust me, I'm MORE THAN THRILLED. That said, I'm still very undecided (doing do-dilligence daily) and am waiting to see all my choices before I pick.

Yeah, me too. I've always been somewhat lacking in the patience department... Even when I was little I wanted everything now... I think I might start stalking the mailman. At least I'd be doing something :D

haha... my doing something is stalking these forums and procrastinating on my homework! AND my poor mailman already knows my name... poor guy. after all is said and done, i'm going to have to get him a gift for putting up with my craziness...:laugh:

haha... my doing something is stalking these forums and procrastinating on my homework! AND my poor mailman already knows my name... poor guy. after all is said and done, i'm going to have to get him a gift for putting up with my craziness...:laugh:

oh i completely forgot about homework! the semester starts monday... what am i going to do... uh oh... they better tell me soon so i can forget about it already and do what i need to be doing.

Does anyone know what the approximate odds are of getting in once youve gotten to the interview stage?

Does anyone know what the approximate odds are of getting in once youve gotten to the interview stage?

kitten killer? really now?

between 1/4 and 1/2, depending on the school. Usually closer to 1/4

Minnesota 12/9

hey guys. i got an interview to auburn today via snail mail. it's set for 2/9 but i'm going to have to try and reschedule. it says they're interviewing 60 and accepting up to 10 out of state ppl. yikes... those are ugly odds...

hey guys. i got an interview to auburn today via snail mail. it's set for 2/9 but i'm going to have to try and reschedule. it says they're interviewing 60 and accepting up to 10 out of state ppl. yikes... those are ugly odds...

awesome! i guess that means that i'll be hearing from somebody else again soon. good or bad, doesn't matter to me at this point. if thats when they're doing interviews thats gonna be tough since i have one on the 8th at va-md. blah. who really knows anymore.

WHOA.

i got my Penn invite today!! :D i'll be in the 2/16 crowd!

haha, tsuki, you're right... worrying about getting so many interviews that they're conflicting isn't necessarily a bad thing ;)

Hehe it came in a little envelope so I was sure it was a rejection. Stressful interview aside, the day sounds like so much fun, so I'm psyched. See you all there!

Jessica

welllll... this may be weird, but i'll throw it out there anyway.

for hte penn interviews: i have an apartment just a train ride away from penn's campus, and there's an extra room. save money on hotels? who knows, we're cool, maybe it'd be fun? or maybe y'all'd rather freak out by yourself with a bucket of ice and cable tv in a hotel room.

it's in the open :)

interview at Michigan State- 2/19

LSU... Feb 14....Snail mail.... Whoohoooooo

This might be a bit late but I got interview with Tufts Feb. 14th! No idea why they like Wednesdays so I have to miss school and then on Valentine's Day too!

I also already interviewed at Penn. Apparently I was at the first batch of 9 or something and they were scheduled according to what you picked on your card as your interest, so I guess don't worry if you haven't been selected yet. Then of course, my decision was on Hold...so whatever that really means...

welllll... this may be weird, but i'll throw it out there anyway.

for hte penn interviews: i have an apartment just a train ride away from penn's campus, and there's an extra room. save money on hotels? who knows, we're cool, maybe it'd be fun? or maybe y'all'd rather freak out by yourself with a bucket of ice and cable tv in a hotel room.

it's in the open :)

thanks emio. i may have to take you up on that offer if i ever get a penn interview.

Is anyone else getting really nervous about Penn interviews? Haven't they informed 6/7 groups already?

If so, then I'm seriously hoping that I'm in the 7th:confused:

I think someone said there were 8 groups... at least I hope so, since I (also) haven't heard anything from them since that fateful postcard...

I think someone said there were 8 groups... at least I hope so, since I (also) haven't heard anything from them since that fateful postcard...

This is one of the rare instances where I certainly would be grateful to be wrong about the number ;)

If so, then I'm seriously hoping that I'm in the 7th:confused:

Me too...

Seriously, what's even more cruel than them rejecting you outright is making you anticipate an interview for the entire duration of the interviews and THEN rejecting you, or better yet, not even acknowledging you with a rejection letter.

The ants in my pants are becoming more fierce...

Interview invite to Auburn by phone call. I thought I saw in another post that they received an invite by letter.

wsu 02/21... finallly!

me too, wildfocus. See you there and congrats!

hey guys, is there a forum or a page where everyone has been posting interview feedback or is it all jumbled in with the posts? FYI- for any tufts interviewees- the last time I got an interview, I was asked just one question. So beware, that might be it.

the feedback link is up under the veterinary dropdown at the top of hte forum page. just below "forum" i think?

p.s. theres also an "Interviews" dropdown, right next to the Veterinary one. ;)

I got one at Tufts and one at UPenn (both will be in Feb.)I'm waitlisted at Colo State. I'm pretty happy since I'm an international student, and I heard it's harder for me to get accepted. Still waiting to hear from UC Davis and UF. Cornell didn't want me :(
Anyone knows how high your chances are of getting in if you're waitlisted????

Hey Emio! I'm going for an interview at UPenn 2/16 too...so we'll probably meet there!