General Admissions & OTCAS Who Have You Heard Back From?! 2017-2018 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations on NYIT and Hofstra! If you don't mind me asking, when did you apply to Downstate? I submitted in November (I know, so close to the deadline!) and haven't heard anything yet. I e-mailed and all they said was that they hadn't gotten up to my application for review yet.
Thank you! I actually submit my app 11/11/17 and submit my final transcript with all remaining pre reqs early January.

Members don't see this ad.

Applied: University of St. Augustine (San Marcos, OTD), University of Washington, Seattle (MOT)
Interviews: USA (2/23)
Acceptances: Hopefully USA!
Still Waiting: UW

I'm thinking of applying to Touro, Midwestern and AT Still as well

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought they didn’t have rolling admissions?
I'm not sure if it's rolling or not. It's BS to MS program, so I think they accept people based on how many seats become available from students leaving the program. I declined the seat last week tho, so it may be yours now!

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not sure if it's rolling or not. It's BS to MS program, so I think they accept people based on how many seats become available from students leaving the program. I declined the seat last week tho, so it may be yours now!
Oh!!! No I would be doing just the MS program. I asked this morning and they said they have 5 seats. Did you get into a more preferred school? Congrats either way!

When did you apply to Temple? I have a good friend who hasn't heard anything yet!

University: Temple University
Major: Bachelors in Therapeutic Recreation
Overall GPA: 3.5
Pre-Req GPA: 3.8
GRE: 151 V, 152 Q, 4.0 A

Extra-Curric: Rec4Life student therapeutic rec club,

Experience: Recreational therapist in group home for medically fragile children, Behavior technician for children with autism, Exercise technician in a PT clinic, Intern at school for children with cerebral palsy

Volunteer: Hospital/Rehab- 8 hours, Pediatrics- 30 hours, Developmental Disabilities- 15 hours

LOR: 1 OT that I worked with, 2 professors from undergrad, 1 PT that I worked with, 1 colleague/personal reference.

Applied: Thomas Jefferson, USciences, Temple U, Salus, Philadelphia U, Gwynedd Mercy

Acceptances: Temple University (1/8), Salus University (9/22)

Rejections: Thomas Jefferson

Waitlisted: USciences

Interviews: Salus (9/11), Temple (12/27)

Oh!!! No I would be doing just the MS program. I asked this morning and they said they have 5 seats. Did you get into a more preferred school? Congrats either way!
Yea, I applied for Husson’s MS only option. I accepted another school that completes in 5 semesters instead of 7 and is in a warmer climate lol.
Husson seems like a great program tho! They use a cadaver lab for three classes and everyone I’ve dealt with there has been incredibly helpful and kind. Best of luck!

Yea, I applied for Husson’s MS only option. I accepted another school that completes in 5 semesters instead of 7 and is in a warmer climate lol.
Husson seems like a great program tho! They use a cadaver lab for three classes and everyone I’ve dealt with there has been incredibly helpful and kind. Best of luck!
Thank you so much! :)

I got into SUNY downstate today! interviewed 12/21

When did you apply to Temple? I have a good friend who hasn't heard anything yet!
I submitted my application in July. But didn't hear anything from Temple until December. I went to an information session back in October and they said their admissions counselor position had been vacant since February and somebody new had just been hired so they were trying to catch up with all of the applications. I haven't heard of anybody else going to Temple yet, so I think they are just getting started on the process.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview: Allen College, Shenandoah(1/9/18), A.T.Still (1/12/18)
Wait-listed: Midwestern-Glendale, Allen College
Rejected: Duquesne, Brenau
Still Waiting: Jefferson, DYC, WNE, StCatherine, Pacific U, Sacred Heart, Gannon-Erie, Davenport, Trinity Washington
Acceptance:

This is not a "great news" update but an update nonetheless...

Interviews: Allen College, ATStill, Shenandoah, Pacific U (2/10)
Acceptances: ...
Rejected:
Duquesne, Brenau (said my prereqs are too old)
Waitlisted: Allen, ATSU, Shenandoah, Midwestern (for interview)
Still Waiting: Jefferson, DYC, WNE, StCatherine, Sacred Heart, Gannon-Erie, Davenport, Trinity Washington, and I added Husson University

Accepted: Allen College, Creighton, University of the Sciences, Shenandoah University
Waitlisted for interview: Midwestern-Glendale
Interview: St. Augustine (declined)
Rejected: Thomas Jeff- center city
Still waiting: Thomas Jeff/PhilU - east falls
Attending: Shenandoah University (most likely)
Update: waitlisted PhilaU

Interview: Shenandoah, Loma Linda, Tennessee State, St Augustine San Marcos, Rush
Accepted: Washington St Louis, Shenandoah (declining), Loma Linda (declining)
Waitlisted: Chatham
Rejected: n/a

Interview: Shenandoah, Loma Linda, Tennessee State, St Augustine San Marcos, Rush
Accepted: Washington St Louis, Shenandoah (declining), Loma Linda (declining)
Waitlisted: Chatham

Do you know if rush is still holding interviews?

UPDATED
Applied: Augusta University, Brenau University, Nova Southeastern, University of South Alabama, University of Alabama, Winston Salem State University
Interviews: Augusta University, Brenau University, Nova Southeastern (video interview), University of South Alabama, University of Alabama.
Awaiting Acceptance Decisions from: University of South Alabama, University of Alabama, Winston Salem State University, Nova Southeastern.
Acceptances: None so far
Declined: Brenau University
Waitlisted: Augusta University

APPLIED: Samuel Merritt, AT Still, UIndy, USA, Dominican
INTERVIEWS: Samuel Merritt(12/2), UIndy(12/1), AT Still(1/20), Dominican(2/10)
ACCEPTANCES: UIndy(12/13), AT Still(1/31)
REJECTIONS: Samuel Merritt
APPS PENDING: Stanbridge, West Coast LA

Applied: Pacific, Colorado State, WUSTL, Creighton, Drake, Rush

Interviewed: Rush (1/8), Drake (1/26)

Accepted: WUSTL

Waitlisted: Rush

Heard anything yet?? I interviewed the 20th too and haven’t heard anything
I haven’t and its killing me lol. I thought they would’ve responded by now considering they said they would make their selections that same day...but again, they did say they would contact us in two weeks, so...

UPDATED
Applied: Augusta University, Brenau University, Nova Southeastern, University of South Alabama, University of Alabama, Winston Salem State University
Interviews: Augusta University, Brenau University, Nova Southeastern (video interview), University of South Alabama, University of Alabama.
Awaiting Acceptance Decisions from: University of South Alabama, University of Alabama, Winston Salem State University, Nova Southeastern.
Waitlisted: Augusta University, Nova Southeastern ("High Hold").

Just received my offer to attend Nova Southeastern University! Is anyone else planning to attend their program?!

Just received my offer to attend Nova Southeastern University! Is anyone else planning to attend their program?!

So you were a high hold, and just received an acceptance? I am wondering because I’m a high hold :/

I’ve heard from:
Belmont — deferred to second round
Nova — high hold
Rush — interviewed
Midwestern IL — interview next month

Still waiting on:
Temple, Pitt, UIC, Jefferson, and Elmhurst College
Did you hear back from Elmhurst?

Anyone have an interview coming up for OT school? I have one this Saturday at Belmont for the MSOT weekend program. Any suggestions or advice to share? Has anyone been through the interview process at Belmont?

University: UNCWilmington
Major: Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.06
Pre-Req GPA: 3.5 (give or take depending on the program)

Extra-Curric: Special Olympics

Experience: 2 years post grad worked as an ABA associate in crisis facility, school consult, and hospital consult

Volunteer: Hospital/Rehab- 27 hours special needs school district, 33 acute rehab, 36 brain injury rehab, 20 hours in township school district
LOR: college professor, most recent OT shadow, program director at my work

Applied: Thomas Jefferson(PhillyU),KeanU, Concordia University, Temple U, Brenau university-Norcross, Gwynedd Mercy, Messiah, Saint Francis U

Acceptances: Le Moyne College!

Rejections: Messiah
Waitlisted: St. Francis University

Interviews: Le Monye, Saint Francis

University: UNCWilmington
Major: Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.06
Pre-Req GPA: 3.5 (give or take depending on the program)

Extra-Curric: Special Olympics

Experience: 2 years post grad worked as an ABA associate in crisis facility, school consult, and hospital consult

Volunteer: Hospital/Rehab- 27 hours special needs school district, 33 acute rehab, 36 brain injury rehab, 20 hours in township school district
LOR: college professor, most recent OT shadow, program director at my work

Applied: Thomas Jefferson(PhillyU),KeanU, Concordia University, Temple U, Brenau university-Norcross, Gwynedd Mercy, Messiah, Saint Francis U

Acceptances: Le Moyne College!

Rejections: Messiah
Waitlisted: St. Francis University

Interviews: Le Monye, Saint Francis
Congrats on the acceptance to Le Moyne! Do you mind if I ask you when you applied? I’ve been debating whether or not to submit my application since it’s probably too late

I just got my first acceptance to St. Augustine - Miami for summer MOT!

UPDATED
Awaiting Acceptance Decisions from: University of South Alabama, Winston Salem State University, Nova Southeastern.
Waitlisted: Augusta University, Nova Southeastern ("High Hold"), University of Alabama.

I haven’t and its killing me lol. I thought they would’ve responded by now considering they said they would make their selections that same day...but again, they did say they would contact us in two weeks, so...
Have you guys heard back yet? Found out I was on the waitlist... but I'm a high number so fingers crossed some people decline.

Have you guys heard back yet? Found out I was on the waitlist... but I'm a high number so fingers crossed some people decline.
Hi! Good luck! I hope you get accepted. I got accepted.

Applied: Brunel University London, St. Catherine, Davenport, D'Youville
Accepted: Davenport (2/7/18)
Waiting: Brunel University London, St. Catherine, D'Youville

Applied: Brunel University London, St. Catherine, Davenport, D'Youville
Accepted: Davenport (2/7/18)
Waiting: Brunel University London, St. Catherine, D'Youville

Congrats on Davenport!!!
Looks like we have a few schools in common (Davenport, St. Catherine, and D'Youville). I'm just wondering, how did Davenport notify you, email or mail? And have you heard from D'Youville yet??

UPDATED
Waitlisted: Augusta University, Nova Southeastern ("High Hold").

When did you send in your video interview for NOVA?

Applied: University of Minnesota, University of Wisconsin - La Crosse, Texas Tech, NYU, and Midwestern
Interviews: Texas Tech, Midwestern
Acceptances: none so far
Declined: none for far

I'm anxious! Has anyone heard back from any of these schools yet? I interview with Midwestern in late Feb. and interviewed with Texas Tech on Jan. 19.

Applied: University of Minnesota, University of Wisconsin - La Crosse, Texas Tech, NYU, and Midwestern
Interviews: Texas Tech, Midwestern
Acceptances: none so far
Declined: none for far

I'm anxious! Has anyone heard back from any of these schools yet? I interview with Midwestern in late Feb. and interviewed with Texas Tech on Jan. 19.
Are you on the waitlist for Tech or have you just not heard back from them?

Congrats on Davenport!!!
Looks like we have a few schools in common (Davenport, St. Catherine, and D'Youville). I'm just wondering, how did Davenport notify you, email or mail? And have you heard from D'Youville yet??

Thanks! They sent me an email yesterday. I'm still waiting to get something in the mail from D'Youville. Davenport only gave me 5 days to accept the offer and pay the deposit (which I thought was weird) so I've already accepted my offer. If I get accepted to St. Kate's I might consider going there. But Davenport was my cheapest option and I like their curriculum and location too so I may stay put. Which is your first choice? Have you heard from any of them?

My interview is Saturday at Belmont, and I’m super nervous! How did you guys prepare yourselves? Is anyone else coming this Saturday?

Thanks! They sent me an email yesterday. I'm still waiting to get something in the mail from D'Youville. Davenport only gave me 5 days to accept the offer and pay the deposit (which I thought was weird) so I've already accepted my offer. If I get accepted to St. Kate's I might consider going there. But Davenport was my cheapest option and I like their curriculum and location too so I may stay put. Which is your first choice? Have you heard from any of them?

Oh wow 5days is very short for such a big decision. That's great you have one acceptance down though! I'm missing the Oral Communications prereq so I actually don't have big hopes for Davenport, but looks like a great program. I do hope to hear from D'Youville soon! Been checking the mailbox a bit too obsessively. My family is in Toronto so that might be my first choice school, but I'm not being picky in such a competitive field. I applied all over so we'll see where this OT journey takes me! St Kate's would be great too. I believe they said they'll mail out letters in March. So fingers crossed and all the best to you!

Oh wow 5days is very short for such a big decision. That's great you have one acceptance down though! I'm missing the Oral Communications prereq so I actually don't have big hopes for Davenport, but looks like a great program. I do hope to hear from D'Youville soon! Been checking the mailbox a bit too obsessively. My family is in Toronto so that might be my first choice school, but I'm not being picky in such a competitive field. I applied all over so we'll see where this OT journey takes me! St Kate's would be great too. I believe they said they'll mail out letters in March. So fingers crossed and all the best to you!
I'm also waiting to hear from D'Youville! Don't be too worried that you haven't heard yet though, I'm following another thread on here about it and someone called the graduate admissions office this week. They were told that the OT department hasn't made decisions yet :) If you want to follow the same thread for updates it's called "Has anyone heard from Dyouville, baypath or st college of scholastica".