You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
General Admissions & OTCAS Who have you heard back from? 2020-2021 Cycle
Started by PositivOT
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
have you decided which program you’ll be attending? i’m still waiting on a decision from FGCUApplied: Nova OTD, FGCU, UF
Interviews: Nova, FGCU
Acceptances: Nova, FGCU
Waitlist: UF
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviews: Pace University (2/5), Rocky Mountain College (2/12), Yeshiva University (2/23), Massachusetts General Hospital Institute of Health Professions (2/12), University of Mary Hardin-Baylor (3/6), University of Mary in Billings (2/18), Rutgers (3/19), Johnson & Wales (4/9, declined interview offer)Rocky Mountain College (Billings, MT) offered me an interview next week for their class beginning January 2022! They have a unique offering in that they emphasize entrepreneurship as a part of the OTD program.
Accepted: Rocky Mountain College (2/17), University of Mary in Billings (2/22), Massachusetts General Hospital IHP (2/22), Yeshiva University (2/25), University of Mary Hardin-Baylor (3/10), Rutgers (3/25), Pace University (3/25)
Last edited:
Did you ever hear back from Bay Path? I got accepted into MCPHS but waiting to hear back from other schools but not sure if it's worth it to apply to Bay Path or notPut in my deposit for Sacred Heart!
OTMentalHealth96
Full Member
No I haven't yet.Did you ever hear back from Bay Path? I got accepted into MCPHS but waiting to hear back from other schools but not sure if it's worth it to apply to Bay Path or not
Where are you planning on attending?Applied: Nova OTD, FGCU, UF
Interviews: Nova, FGCU
Acceptances: Nova, FGCU
Waitlist: UF
2020OTapply
Full Member
I am in the same boat! WashU is my favorite curriculum but MUSC is close to home! It will definitely be a tough choice.I think WashU and MUSC are tied for #1 for me. If I end up getting into MUSC I will have a tough decision to make.
Last edited:
2020OTapply
Full Member
Did you end up telling Tufts that you were not going to attend? Were you able to get your deposit back?I think WashU and MUSC are tied for #1 for me. If I end up getting into MUSC I will have a tough decision to make.
I payed my deposit at FGCU!Where are you planning on attending?
PhenomenalWoman_OT
Full Member
I was accepted into Madison as soon as I submitted the kira assessment few weeks back. Not my top choice but waiting to hear back from Rush... Goodluck !Hi all!
Applied: UIC, UW Milwaukee, UW Madison, Carroll University, Rutgers, Creighton University, University of Washington, Rush, University of Minnesota
Interviews: Creighton, Rush, Madison
Acceptances: Carroll, Rutgers
Waitlists:
Rejections:
Anyone else apply at the normal deadline for UIC waiting to hear back? Or UWM, Madison, or Washington for that matter? The anticipation is killing me!
hdietrichOT
New Member
Hi! How long did it take to hear back from UF given when you applied? I'm getting anxious waiting to hear something!updated 1/27!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Applied: Dominican, Samuel Merritt, West Coast LA, USAHS, Midwestern, AIC
Interviews: West Coast LA, Midwestern, St.Augustine, Samuel Merritt
Acceptances: AIC, USAHS-San Marcos
Waitlists: West Coast LA, Midwestern, Samuel Merritt
Rejections:
Me too!I payed my deposit at FGCU!
Oh wow. You did your Kira Assessment a few weeks ago and you already heard back? It seems like everyone else on this website did theirs months and months ago and still hasn't heard back. Congrats to you! When did you originally apply?I was accepted into Madison as soon as I submitted the kira assessment few weeks back. Not my top choice but waiting to hear back from Rush... Goodluck !
PhenomenalWoman_OT
Full Member
I applied back in October/November I believe . But I’m waiting g to hear back from rush as that is my dream schoolOh wow. You did your Kira Assessment a few weeks ago and you already heard back? It seems like everyone else on this website did theirs months and months ago and still hasn't heard back. Congrats to you! When did you originally apply?
jalapeno26
Full Member
I have a friend who got accepted into the program for 2020 when things started transitioning to online. Her interview was a link where she had two minutes to answer questions as they popped up on the screen. Not sure if that’s how it will be for this roundHas anyone received an interview from Advent Health/ADU in Orlando? I received an interview but wanted to see if anyone knew of the structure of the interview besides it being on Zoom! Good Luck to everyone with interviews
Thank you! Good to know that this might be an option! None of my other interviews had been like that so it’s nice to know this from a prep stand point! Thank you again!!I have a friend who got accepted into the program for 2020 when things started transitioning to online. Her interview was a link where she had two minutes to answer questions as they popped up on the screen. Not sure if that’s how it will be for this round
aspiringOT0929
Full Member
Has anyone heard back from NYU or Columbia yet? If so, would you mind sharing your stats?
futureoterin
Full Member
Same here! MUSC is much closer but WashU's program is more appealing to me. I did tell Tufts I was no longer coming and did not get my deposit back.I am in the same boat! WashU is my favorite curriculum but MUSC is close to home! It will definitely be a tough choice.
DPTstudent01
Full Member
They are doing virtual interviews!Is West Coast University having interviews on-campus?
kcOT21
Full Member
did you put a deposit down at st. mary??Applied: University of Saint Mary (Kansas), Rush University, Midwestern U (IL), St. Ambrose University, Ohio State, AT Still U (AZ), Elmhurst U
Interviews: St. Ambrose University, University of Saint Mary, Rush
Acceptances: University of Saint Mary
Waitlists: St. Ambrose
Rejections: NA
PhenomenalWoman_OT
Full Member
Congrats on landing an interview with Rush, how did it go?Applied: University of Saint Mary (Kansas), Rush University, Midwestern U (IL), St. Ambrose University, Ohio State, AT Still U (AZ), Elmhurst U
Interviews: St. Ambrose University, University of Saint Mary, Rush
Acceptances: University of Saint Mary
Waitlists: St. Ambrose
Rejections: NA
geethehopefulOT
Full Member
I did early admission! I applied November 7th and heard back mid-January. The email said that they have already filled their class.Hi! How long did it take to hear back from UF given when you applied? I'm getting anxious waiting to hear something!
1234abcdOT
Full Member
I had my interview with UNC last Friday but still no word from Duke.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Robinhoodfuture OT
Full Member
Hey there, How is there virtual interview? is it 30 min? and they still made you write an essay?They are doing virtual interviews!
thanks
Robinhoodfuture OT
Full Member
Hey
How was your West coast interview? is it virtual interview? I have revived email saying that they selected my application because i meet all the requirement but they will call me within months and scheduled an interview. so I am wondering what and how to prepare for the interview, it might help me thanks.
I have a Dominican OTR students at my skilled nursing facility for their first FW rotation and they are saying that classes are transit to online now; and program does not have interview process. Unfortunately, they selected students off from paper application. good luck.
How was your West coast interview? is it virtual interview? I have revived email saying that they selected my application because i meet all the requirement but they will call me within months and scheduled an interview. so I am wondering what and how to prepare for the interview, it might help me thanks.
I have a Dominican OTR students at my skilled nursing facility for their first FW rotation and they are saying that classes are transit to online now; and program does not have interview process. Unfortunately, they selected students off from paper application. good luck.
aspiringOT0929
Full Member
Hi! I believe we’re not supposed to hear from Kean until March/April!Has anyone heard from Kean ?
That’s so far!! Ugh! Okay thank you !Hi! I believe we’re not supposed to hear from Kean until March/April!
hdietrichOT
New Member
Applied: Drake University, Duke University, Boston University, University of Mary, Mary Baldwin (MDCHS), University of Florida, Shenandoah, Johnson & Wales (all OTD programs)
Interview: Drake, JWU, MDCHS, UM
Waitlist:
Denied: BU
Accepted: Drake, JWU
Interview: Drake, JWU, MDCHS, UM
Waitlist:
Denied: BU
Accepted: Drake, JWU
Last edited:
aspiringOT0929
Full Member
I know, I’ve had the worst anxiety ever. Since I applied in October waiting this long is killing me.That’s so far!! Ugh! Okay thank you !
jerseyot2b
Full Member
Applied: Pace, Stockton, Kean, Seton Hall
Interviews: Pace, Stockton
Waitlist:
Denied:
Accepted:
Interviews: Pace, Stockton
Waitlist:
Denied:
Accepted:
I have my interview with Stockton this week! How was it?Applied: Pace, Stockton, Kean, Seton Hall
Interviews: Pace, Stockton
Waitlist:
Denied:
Accepted:
jerseyot2b
Full Member
I haven't had mine yet! It's this week tooI have my interview with Stockton this week! How was it?
Good luck!!! 💙I haven't had mine yet! It's this week too
cjsann
New Member
Have you received any update from University of Florida? I also haven't heard back from them yetApplied: Drake University, Duke University, Boston University, University of Mary, Mary Baldwin (MDCHS), University of Florida, Shenandoah, Johnson & Wales (all OTD programs)
Interview: Drake, JWU
Waitlist:
Denied: BU
Accepted: Drake
BHfutureOT
Full Member
I haven’t heard anything yet but they told us they’re aiming to send the first round of acceptances out around Valentine’s Day!Has anyone heard anything from MUSC about acceptance letters?
geethehopefulOT
Full Member
if you applied to the OTD program, you should hear back this month. If you applied to the MS program, most likely March. They do separate rounds of interviews for each. OTD first because the applications were due before the MS apps. My friend got an email last year about an interview around this time and was then accepted a month later for OTD.Has anyone heard from Kean ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ot.forever
Full Member
Dayum, you’re very well-rounded applicant! What school are you aiming for?Hi I'm so sorry I just saw this!!!
GPA at the time of application (I'm still in undergrad): 3.91
OTCAS GPA: 3.92
Prereq GPA: 4.0
GRE (although BU doesn't care about it): 156 V, 157 Q, 5.0 AW
Major: Biobehavioral Health
Minors: Biology, Italian, Diversity and Inclusion in Health and Human Development
Hours: between 70-80 completed across a pediatric clinic, public high school, private high school for children with disabilities, and an adult outpatient rehab between 2018-2020. I had at least 36 planned hours for summer 2020 that couldn't be fulfilled because of the pandemic so I included that in my OTCAS too
Main extracurriculars: APO National Service Frat, GKAItalian honor society, AED Health Preprofessional Honor Society, undergrad research assistant for a lab in my major, lecture assistant for chemistry, OT club, marching band, I also proctor Zoom exams on the side and was a summer camp counselor for 3 consecutive summers
Hope this helps! 🙂
mgwatterson
New Member
My Interview for Rush is on Friday. Any advice for the group interview portion?Applied: St.Kates, Rush, Elmhurst, UIC, UW Milwaukee, Lewis, North Central
Interviews: North Central (11/14), Rush (1/4), Elmhurst(1/15)
Acceptances: North Central (11/19), Rush (1/7), Lewis (1/19), Elmhurst (1/27)
Waitlists:
Rejections:
Thanks!!
mgwatterson
New Member
I did put a deposit down at St. Mary's because I hadn't been accepted anywhere else yet and they only give you 30 days to respond.did you put a deposit down at st. mary??
I applied to the masters! Thank you!if you applied to the OTD program, you should hear back this month. If you applied to the MS program, most likely March. They do separate rounds of interviews for each. OTD first because the applications were due before the MS apps. My friend got an email last year about an interview around this time and was then accepted a month later for OTD.
hdietrichOT
New Member
not yet! I heard they filled their class but I'm hoping I'll hear one way or another! good luck! Let me know if you hear back!Have you received any update from University of Florida? I also haven't heard back from them yet
Similar threads
- Replies
- 19
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 42
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K