General Admissions & OTCAS Who have you heard back from? 2020-2021 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did you get asked for an interview? I know some people who got invited for an interview, but I’ve never heard from them since I applied
Hi! Yes, I did get asked for an interview! Just waiting for the decision letter.

Members don't see this ad.

Same! Apparently there is a priority waitlist, I guess that is for people who interviewed. Is Chatham your number one or are you still waiting on schools?
Oh wow! So I ended up opting out of the waitlist bc I’m pretty set on going to UNE. Although I am curious to see if I get accepted to Seton Hall (since I’d be able to just commute from home), UNE would be the most affordable.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you get asked for an interview? I know some people who got invited for an interview, but I’ve never heard from them since I applied
I had my interview last week! I think since you didn't receive an interview then you probably won't be accepted unfortunately :/

Did you have an interview already? I had mine last week and it was the last round of interviews. We should hear about their decision by the end of the month.
Hi! Yes, my interview was on the 10th! I believe they said we should know late February/early March. I was just wondering if anyone had received their letter yet.

Applied: Rutgers, Kean (OTD), Seton Hall, Stockton, Monmouth, University of Florida
Interview: Rutgers, Stockton, Kean
Waitlists: UF
Acceptances: Monmouth
Rejections:
updated 2/19!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Applied: St.Kates, Rush, Elmhurst, UIC, UW Milwaukee, Lewis, North Central
Interviews: North Central (11/14), Rush (1/4), Elmhurst(1/15)
Acceptances: North Central (11/19), Rush (1/7), Lewis (1/19), Elmhurst (1/27), St. Kates (2/12)
Waitlists:
Rejections:
congrats on the acceptances ! Have you decided specifically which school you'll be attending ?

Hey everyone I saw som people were wondering about university of puget sound decisions. I got a call on Wednesday saying I was accepted so I’d expect to start hearing soon!
I was accepted to a cheaper program (SJSU) though so I most likely will not accept my seat. Still waiting to hear from UW! Good luck, hang in there!

Reactions: 3 users
I got a call last Wednesday too that I was accepted to University of Puget Sound (UPS). Super stoked😁!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Hey, thank you!! Out of the schools I have got into, Lewis University (IL) is my top choice. I am still waiting to hear back from UIC (which might change my answer but I really can’t decide yet).
best of luck to you! did you decline from rush?

Applied: UPS, UW Seattle, EWU, CSU, and USAHS San Marcos
Interviews: EWU, USAHS
Acceptances: UPS, EWU, USAHS
Waitlists:
Rejections:

Reactions: 1 user
I got a call last Wednesday too that I was accepted to University of Puget Sound (UPS). Super stoked😁!
Did you hear about any scholarships or get an email/mail also offering acceptance? I got the call but haven’t received anything in writing yet

Did you hear about any scholarships or get an email/mail also offering acceptance? I got the call but haven’t received anything in writing yet
I haven't received any additional correspondence regarding acceptance or scholarships via the admission portal, email or snail mail yet.

I haven't received any additional correspondence regarding acceptance or scholarships via the admission portal, email or snail mail yet.
Over the phone she mentioned written acceptances will be posted to our portal early this week! I also believe if you received a scholarship, they would have mentioned it over the phone with your acceptance. That was the case for me!

Reactions: 1 users
Over the phone she mentioned written acceptances will be posted to our portal early this week! I also believe if you received a scholarship, they would have mentioned it over the phone with your acceptance. That was the case for me!
Ah okay. I asked about them and she said she didn’t have info on them and I would find out later. Hoping that is the case!

Did you ever hear back from Bay Path? I got accepted into MCPHS but waiting to hear back from other schools but not sure if it's worth it to apply to Bay Path or not
Hi! Off topic but when did you apply to MCPHS/when did you get your acceptance? I feel like I've been waiting to hear from them for a while.

Hi! Off topic but when did you apply to MCPHS/when did you get your acceptance? I feel like I've been waiting to hear from them for a while.
Hey! I applied December 21st and then I heard back from them January 19th, so it took about 4 weeks for me!

Applied: Stockton, Seton Hall, Rutgers, Bay Path, Alvernia, USciences, Messiah, Gwynedd Mercy, Salus, Moravian, Temple
Interviews: Stockton, Rutgers, Messiah, Moravian
Acceptances: Messiah, USciences, Alvernia, Bay Path
Waitlists: Temple, Moravian
Rejections:
I am really sad bc I wanted Stockton and people are getting acceptances but I didn’t hear anything back :/

Has anyone been accepted to UAB and know if there is a Facebook or other group for accepted students?

I am really sad bc I wanted Stockton and people are getting acceptances but I didn’t hear anything back :/
my friend got her acceptance letter on Friday. I am also still waiting. I checked my Discover Stockton account and it says under documents "Waitlist Form-not received" so I'm assuming I was waitlisted but I have not received confirmation yet. Also, don't give up yet, not everyone who got accepted is going to accept it. Many schools have not sent out acceptances yet so maybe they will be accepting an offer from another program! If you are waitlisted, stay on it because things could change and you could get a call for an offer into the program! Personally I will not accept their offer because I have been accepted into an OTD program already, so that gives you a leg up!

I’m in the same boat as you I haven’t heard anything yet and it’s so nerve wracking. Hoping for the best!

Is anyone planning on attending the University of St. Mary's program in KS?

It really came down to cost. Since I will be living on my own, tuition at Rush + living expenses was just too much for me to commit to. If I lived with family, Rush would have probably been my first or second choice! :)
understandable ! did they offer any graduate assistantships or scholarships for you ?

Applied: Rutgers, Kean (OTD), Seton Hall, Stockton, Monmouth, University of Florida
Interview: Rutgers, Stockton, Kean
Waitlists: UF
Acceptances: Monmouth
Rejections:
updated 2/19!!
when did you apply to UF?

my friend got her acceptance letter on Friday. I am also still waiting. I checked my Discover Stockton account and it says under documents "Waitlist Form-not received" so I'm assuming I was waitlisted but I have not received confirmation yet. Also, don't give up yet, not everyone who got accepted is going to accept it. Many schools have not sent out acceptances yet so maybe they will be accepting an offer from another program! If you are waitlisted, stay on it because things could change and you could get a call for an offer into the program! Personally I will not accept their offer because I have been accepted into an OTD program already, so that gives you a leg up!
got my waitlist letter today :((

Does anyone know if A.T. Still University in Mesa, AZ has filled all the spots for the master's program? I've been waitlisted or rejected to the schools I applied to, so I decided I might apply to one that still has an open deadline on OTCAS. ATSU has a rolling deadline, but they said the seats fill quickly. Just wondering if anyone knows if it's full.

Hi I'm so sorry I just saw this!!!
GPA at the time of application (I'm still in undergrad): 3.91
OTCAS GPA: 3.92
Prereq GPA: 4.0
GRE (although BU doesn't care about it): 156 V, 157 Q, 5.0 AW
Major: Biobehavioral Health
Minors: Biology, Italian, Diversity and Inclusion in Health and Human Development
Hours: between 70-80 completed across a pediatric clinic, public high school, private high school for children with disabilities, and an adult outpatient rehab between 2018-2020. I had at least 36 planned hours for summer 2020 that couldn't be fulfilled because of the pandemic so I included that in my OTCAS too
Main extracurriculars: APO National Service Frat, GKAItalian honor society, AED Health Preprofessional Honor Society, undergrad research assistant for a lab in my major, lecture assistant for chemistry, OT club, marching band, I also proctor Zoom exams on the side and was a summer camp counselor for 3 consecutive summers

Hope this helps! :)
Hi! You have such impressive stats - way to go!! Curious about proctoring Zoom exams - would you mind sharing how you got connected with that opportunity? Looking for some side income to help tackle those loans and that seems like a good gig!

Applied: Rush University, UW-Madison, Midwestern (IL), Elmhurst, St. Scholastica, Wash U, U indy, Belmont
Interview: Rush (3/12), Midwestern, Elmhurst, Wash U, U indy, Belmont
Waitlist: Midwestern, Wash U, Belmont, St. Scholastica
Accepted: U indy
Nice list of schools! We are interviewing at Rush on the same day - best of luck!!

Hi! You have such impressive stats - way to go!! Curious about proctoring Zoom exams - would you mind sharing how you got connected with that opportunity? Looking for some side income to help tackle those loans and that seems like a good gig!
Hi! Thanks so much :) I'm still in undergrad so it's a job position through my university! I was looking on their job postings last summer because I wanted to see if I could make a little money over quarantine and positions were available! I'm currently a senior so I'll be continuing until May. I'm not sure how to get this kind of job outside of a university though!

Reactions: 1 user
Applied: Thomas Jefferson (OTD), Pitt, Temple, Tufts, UIC, NYU, Boston University, MGHIHP
Interviews: Thomas Jefferson, Temple, Boston University, MGHIHP
Accepted: Thomas Jefferson, Temple, Tufts, Boston University, NYU
Waitlisted: Pitt, MGHIHP
Rejected:
Update: got off the waitlist for MGHIHP! Most likely won't attend though