Who's applying to Florida schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
americanangel said:
I live in Tampa Bay, so I guess I can speak for Tampa. My only experience with Miami was driving through 95 on my way to the keys...so I'll leave Miami to more experiences hands. My favorite thing about Tampa Bay is the water. But USF is about a half hour away from the water. USF is located one or two exits north of Bush Garden on 275. The Traffic in the I4 275 (mulfunction junction) is absolutely horrible during rush hours. University Mall is only down the street from USF but I heard there was a robbery there yesterday at the jewelry store. Tampa is full of some great restaurants and things to do. If your into the party scene, Ybor is right down the street. A couple times a year, there are awesome pirades in Tampa and St. Pete. The krewes throw lots of beads and most people end up really drunk especially at Gasparilla (pretend pirate invasion that been going on over here for about 100yrs). Most of the places I visit our in South Tampa-Westshore Mall & International Plaza! Up by USF there are lots of stores...Really everything that you would possibly need is right there!

Tampa is only over the bridge from St. Pete and Clearwater. The beaches are beautiful and the water is unbeleiveable (as long as there isn't Red Tide). Honestly, anything that is any decent sized city can be found in either St. Pete or Tampa. There are some very afluent neighborhoods and then there are some neighborhoods that very few people venture into.

I've also heard stories, that Tampa Bay is protected from hurricanes by the ancient Indians that once lived in the region. The Indians placed a blessing on the land to protect the deceased bodies from storms.

I love Tampa Bay...Its really hope...I hope you enjoy it!!! Its yours for the exploring!


Thanks, since you seem to know alot ill throw you or anyone else another question. I know someone who owns a house in Dunedun(i think this is how its spelled) right by the bridge/causeway out to honeymoon island who is willing to let me stay there for free. Do you know how far this would probably be and if it would be realistic to stay there. I looked the travel time up on mapquest and they claimed 32 min but i don't paticulary trust them anymore so anyone who travels between dunedun and the school i would love to hear your opinion on this.
 
cbennett said:
Thanks, since you seem to know alot ill throw you or anyone else another question. I know someone who owns a house in Dunedun(i think this is how its spelled) right by the bridge/causeway out to honeymoon island who is willing to let me stay there for free. Do you know how far this would probably be and if it would be realistic to stay there. I looked the travel time up on mapquest and they claimed 32 min but i don't paticulary trust them anymore so anyone who travels between dunedun and the school i would love to hear your opinion on this.


It honestly depends on the traffic. The most feasible way for you to get there would be to take 580 from USF to Honeymoon Island....I'm not too familar with the traffic in that part of the county since I live in southern Pinellas but you could always take a ride from Dunedin to USF and see.
Sorry I couldn't be much help on this one!

Just curious, are you starting at USF in the fall?
 
cbennett said:
For people who HAVE VISITED OR LIVED near one or both USF and Miami. What did you think of the location (city, beach quality, activities...) at and around the school. I have never been to miami and have not visited Tampa in quite a few years so i am completely unfamilar with either location. I am paticularly interested in finding out about the location of USF because i plan on visiting it at the end of the summer to find out if it's in a location i would be happy with. For people who either live there or are very familar with the surrounding area, I would like info about what i should visit while i am there.(other than the school)

I currently live near USF... the beaches are very nice (great sand, clean, I believe one of them is #1 in the US) but if you are from the east coast, the beaches seem more like a pond (Not enough waves!!!). There is a lot to do...ybor pretty much has anything you would want (both day and night).

I would, however, like to recommend avoiding ~3-4 miles to the west of campus (from USF to past I-275 & florida ave) from (to the North) fletcher (and maybe even bearss) through (to the south) busch blvd; this is a high crime area. There are other touchy parts of town...you can look up crime stats at tbo.com/crimetracker to distinguish the 'good' parts of town from the 'bad' ones.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ginkneephur said:
I'm a FL resident applying to all the MD Fl schools. I attend FAU and have a UM MS1 mentor that I talk to regularly.

Congratulations on your MCAT score, btw 👍
 
americanangel said:
It honestly depends on the traffic. The most feasible way for you to get there would be to take 580 from USF to Honeymoon Island....I'm not too familar with the traffic in that part of the county since I live in southern Pinellas but you could always take a ride from Dunedin to USF and see.
Sorry I couldn't be much help on this one!

Just curious, are you starting at USF in the fall?


No i'm planning on applying
 
Hello to all Tampa Bay residents.
I live one hour south of Tampa (Bradenton) and drive up I-75 several times a week to go to USF. Tampa Bay is a great area to live, but lately has become overpopulated and congested. Traffic is terrible especially in I-275. Last semester I was taking a lab in St. Pete campus from 2pm until 4:45 and a class in Tampa at 6. It took me several times over one hour and a half to get to USF Tampa. I ended up dropping the lab at that point. I don't suggest I-275 at rush hour unless you have no other choice.
Besides traffic USF is great. They have Starbucks on campus (my favorite thing about it). There is so much stuff to do in Tampa as well.
By the way I was up in Dunedin Saturday and it took about one hour from Bradenton and I would think it would take 45 min to hit USF campus from Dunedin.
 
I don't have any comments on Tampa since I've only been there a few times, but I can give you my opinions on Miami. As far as Miami, I have very mixed feelings about the city. The area directly surrounding the school is not a good area...but as far as coming and going to classes...you are pretty safe. The campus is a heavily populated area and there are ALWAYS physicians/students/patients walking around, if you leave late at night..you can be escorted by a security guard if you don't feel safe. As far as living around the campus...there is an area called Brickell which is extremely nice and less than 5 mins from the school, but it is also pretty pricey. My impression is that many students live in this area and therefore you can always find a roommate to share a place with you in this area. Since I have a boxer (large dog) and am married, I had a more selective search in finding a place to live since many places don't take my dog and I wanted a one-bedroom since I'm married....I found a REALLY nice place in Aventura-it's 15 mins from the school and I can see the ocean from my window...it's not "close" to school, but is close to Publix, restaurants, Starbucks, Target, Aventura Mall, etc...and that was more important to me than being close to the school. In fact, I PREFER not to be right next to any school that I would have attended-but that's just me. Anyways, there are DEFINITELY places I will avoid in Miami-but I REALLY like the place where we are living and there is so much to do in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale and plenty of job opportunities for my husband. My husband is from Iowa-so it will definitely be a culture shock for him, but after moving into our place this past weekend and him seeing how nice it was, he is VERY excited about living there!!
 
James Moriarty said:
I'm sorry bro. I don't believe it would make too much of a difference if you turned them in earlier then the 26th. Maybe Mr. Larkin will eventually see this thread and enlighten us. 🙂

I am here, but I' not sure of the question. ED must have all items, LOR's included, in the Admissions Office by August 15. We will begin working and calling applicants for the last Monday in September interview in very early September. To be considered for the entire interview cycle you would want to have your file completed by the mid-end of August. Files will continue to be completed through the December 1 AMCAS deadline and January 15 Secondary deadline. Of course you cant be considered for an interview until your file is complete. So the deduction is that if you meet the December 1 deadline, fine, but you have missed about one half of the interview cycle which runs from the end of September through the mid to end of March. I think that this is one deadline that you would like to beat early.
 
The 2nd post (made by James M) confused the original post made by Rajad. I think Rajad is aware of the EDP deadline and will be (trying to) submit his secondary materials by that deadline, but is just frustrated that one of his LOR writers is out of the country until July 26th.

Rajad, I would still send in/complete your secondary as soon as you could....if nothing else, it will give you a sense of relief and will be one less thing to worry about!
 
McMD said:
The 2nd post (made by James M) confused the original post made by Rajad. I think Rajad is aware of the EDP deadline and will be (trying to) submit his secondary materials by that deadline, but is just frustrated that one of his LOR writers is out of the country until July 26th.

Rajad, I would still send in/complete your secondary as soon as you could....if nothing else, it will give you a sense of relief and will be one less thing to worry about!

What McMD said was right. I wasn't encouraging rajad to submit an incomplete application; rather, I was hoping that a difference of one or two weeks wouldn't ruin his chances of geting an interview (which could turn into an eventual acceptance) into USF's early decision program.

Nevertheless, thank you for replying Mr. Larkin. I am sincerely sorry for the mix up.
 
McMD said:
The 2nd post (made by James M) confused the original post made by Rajad. I think Rajad is aware of the EDP deadline and will be (trying to) submit his secondary materials by that deadline, but is just frustrated that one of his LOR writers is out of the country until July 26th.

Rajad, I would still send in/complete your secondary as soon as you could....if nothing else, it will give you a sense of relief and will be one less thing to worry about!

thanks guys, yea im finishing the secondary up by tommorow. im just worried about cutting close to the deadline for the letters because the UF letter of recommendation service is slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww once you tell them to release letters to specific med schools
 
rajad10 said:
thanks guys, yea im finishing the secondary up by tommorow. im just worried about cutting close to the deadline for the letters because the UF letter of recommendation service is slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww once you tell them to release letters to specific med schools

Ok, thanks McMD, you got the answer correct. Submit the secondary and then we'll await the LOR's. If you impress Robert Kwong that you are doing ED, the generally works to meet the deadline. If it gets too close, let me know, otherwise suspense and stress have their place in our lives. If all was on schedule and in order, we'd really live boring lives.
 
Did anybody get a secondary from UF or FSU yet? I got USF and Miami today, but I was wondering about the other two!

Good luck to everyone applying!!
 
REL said:
Ok, thanks McMD, you got the answer correct. Submit the secondary and then we'll await the LOR's. If you impress Robert Kwong that you are doing ED, the generally works to meet the deadline. If it gets too close, let me know, otherwise suspense and stress have their place in our lives. If all was on schedule and in order, we'd really live boring lives.

thanks mr. larkin; those words itself relieve some stress off my shoulders. i'll talk to robert.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow the thread fell so far back that I had to do a search for it!!! Reviving the "Who's applying to FL schools????"

Anybody?
 
I received the USF e-mail requesting that I validate that I meet the minimum requirements a week ago, but I still have not received the actual secondary. Anybody else encounter the same problem? I'm thinking the delay is due to my app not being verified yet (17 days after submission and counting).
 
floridakppr said:
I received the USF e-mail requesting that I validate that I meet the minimum requirements a week ago, but I still have not received the actual secondary. Anybody else encounter the same problem? I'm thinking the delay is due to my app not being verified yet (17 days after submission and counting).
I got the secondary even though my application has not yet been verified. Did you get a second e-mail from them? I replied to the first e-mail and got an error message, but the second one was no problem (it was sent from [email protected]). You should either call the admissions office or send an e-mail to that address.
 
I also got the secondary even though I wasn't verified at that time...Send them another email but on the Subject Line writing something like secondary applicaton request.
If you don't hear from them via email, you should probably just call them!
Good luck
 
americanangel said:
Did anybody get a secondary from UF or FSU yet? I got USF and Miami today, but I was wondering about the other two!

Good luck to everyone applying!!

I got secondaries from USF, UF, and UM nothing from FSU yet though. UF sends you an email after they screen your verified AMCAS application with two downloadable (pdf) packets of info. One is a checklist/instructions type thing and the other is the actual secondary application. You need a letter of rec from a peer, 2 pix, an essay, copy of birth certificate, signed app, and LORs from your PHP committee and 3 profs. Whew! I think that's it.

:luck: :luck: :luck: Everyone

Thanks oculus for the MCAT props 🙂
 
Anyone have any interviews for Florida schools set up yet? Particularly Miami?

Does anyone know when Miami and other schools start offering interviews? What is the earliest date of interview? Thanks!
 
LilyMD said:
Anyone have any interviews for Florida schools set up yet? Particularly Miami?

Does anyone know when Miami and other schools start offering interviews? What is the earliest date of interview? Thanks!

i think its late-ish september for all the schools for regular admissions. i think usf early decision has interviews in early september
 
LilyMD said:
Anyone have any interviews for Florida schools set up yet? Particularly Miami?

Does anyone know when Miami and other schools start offering interviews? What is the earliest date of interview? Thanks!

I had all my stuff in pretty early for all of the Florida schools last application cycle and I think my first interview was at UF on the first friday in September or the last friday in August........That was the first interview date for UF, and I found out like 1 or two weeks before that date.....USF and Miami were soon after. FSU by far took the longest.
 
1SwtWrld said:
I had all my stuff in pretty early for all of the Florida schools last application cycle and I think my first interview was at UF on the first friday in September or the last friday in August........That was the first interview date for UF, and I found out like 1 or two weeks before that date.....USF and Miami were soon after. FSU by far took the longest.

Sketch that.....Now that Rajad posted I think it might have been the middle of September for UF with the others soon to follow. It all seems like a Blur Now.
 
btw, for those applying to Miami this cycle, if you haven't already, the second essay question is limited to 1,000 characters. On the website that has application info, it doesn't show a character limit. Before logging on, I called the office, and they told me it was 1,875, like the first one. When you actually get to the page where you can input the essay, it's limited to 1,000.

On the upside, I have a stellar "Why UM?" one page essay written now that I can use for other secondaries. Which is pretty sweet.
 
Did anybody hear from FSU yet? I just submitted my secondaries for UM, USF and UF, but still no word from FSU
 
does anyone know if USF will acknowledge receipt of the induvidual various parts of the secondary (signature form, fee, online application, letters) or will they simply tell you when your whole package is complete?
 
rajad10 said:
does anyone know if USF will acknowledge receipt of the induvidual various parts of the secondary (signature form, fee, online application, letters) or will they simply tell you when your whole package is complete?

I should be complete at USF and havent even received confirmation of receipt of the secondary. I plan to call them next week to find out whats up.
 
Last year, I had the first set of interviews at FSU and it was September 9th...that was a Friday and they called me the same week offering me the interview...so as far as FL schools-I didn't recieve an interview until early September...but I had applied to Tulane as well and received an interview with them in August-scheduled for September...then Katrina hit-so it was delayed obviously. But August/September is normal for first set of interviews.

Also, I remember FSU's secondary being "late" last year as well.

Good Luck to everyone!!
 
Has anyone been notified that their secondary file is complete? Also, what's the deal with the virtualevals thing? Do the schools just download them as they get them or in the order they receive your secondary? Any help would be appreciated... 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a reapplicant..still on some FL Waitlists but I am not hold out much hope at this point. Anyway I was a late applicant last year and I never even received a secondary from Miami even though I definitely met all the requirements. I called every couple of week sfrom Sept-March asking about my file and they always told me someone is looking at my file and should make a decision soon. Now on their application they asked if you were interviewed and I have to say no. Then they ask how have you improved since last application etc. Anyway, should I mention that I didn't even get a secondary when I should have? I do not want to insult the school or anything but I definitely think I had a shot there last cycle.
 
KatdyerA1A said:
I am a reapplicant..still on some FL Waitlists but I am not hold out much hope at this point. Anyway I was a late applicant last year and I never even received a secondary from Miami even though I definitely met all the requirements. I called every couple of week sfrom Sept-March asking about my file and they always told me someone is looking at my file and should make a decision soon. Now on their application they asked if you were interviewed and I have to say no. Then they ask how have you improved since last application etc. Anyway, should I mention that I didn't even get a secondary when I should have? I do not want to insult the school or anything but I definitely think I had a shot there last cycle.

no i wouldn't say that you didn't receive a secondary. in that section, i would just list how you have improved your app. that kind of question would be better handled with a phone call if you didn't get a secondary again, i think
 
Hey guys!!!
Here's an update about FSU's secondary...

We [FSU] are currently experiencing technical difficulty involving the interaction of our secondary application with the AMCAS software. I anticipate that this problem will be corrected within the next few days. As soon as our IT staff gives me the go ahead, we will notify you as to how you may gain access to our secondary application.

Looks like we should have secondaries some time next week!
 
Hi Guys...my pre-med advisor sent me this...

The University of South Florida has _not_ downloaded anyone's files yet.
I just got off the phone with them; they are aware that students files
are awaiting download, but they are moving into new offices at the
beginning of August, and they decided (wisely) that instead of
downloading files, they would just "keep" them with VirtualEvals until
after they move and get settled in their new offices. This in effect,
keeps your files safer than if they downloaded them, filed them away
somewhere, and lost them.

So if you're using virtualevals that's why your secondary isn't complete yet at USF...
 
Does anyone know how each Florida school weights your Post Bach GPA vs. Your undergrad gpa? I have a 3.39 overall bcpm, but my Post bach is a 3.8
( 30+ credits of strictly science). Obviously im going to have a far better chance with a school that puts more merit in the Post-Bach aspects of my academic career. Anyone know for sure? or would it just be speculation?
 
DoctorDan24 said:
Does anyone know how each Florida school weights your Post Bach GPA vs. Your undergrad gpa? I have a 3.39 overall bcpm, but my Post bach is a 3.8
( 30+ credits of strictly science). Obviously im going to have a far better chance with a school that puts more merit in the Post-Bach aspects of my academic career. Anyone know for sure? or would it just be speculation?
I think that REL should answer that one. He would know better than any of the rest of us. 🙂
 
DoctorDan, I agree that REL would be the best one answering that question, until he posts a response, I'll give you advice that I've been hearing for the past 5 years from FL adcoms. From what every FL school adcom has mentioned at previous forums...they like to see an upward trend in your GPA and obviously, your post-bacc versus your undergrad work shows that upward trend. An upward trend in your GPA can be interpreted into many things such as: maturity or a realization in your compassion for medicine and thus striving to achieve your goals. I have also heard adcoms say that they like to see that you have (can't think of the right word..) "failed" and later "succeeded" once you put your mind to it bc it shows humility and in medicine, it is inevitable that you will have disappointments-but it's those disappointments that make you a stronger physician and like anything, "you learn from your mistakes."

I did not do any post-bacc coursework, but I certainly have an upward trend in my gpa...my freshman year my gpa was so low that I won't even post it on an anonymous forum, my sophmore year a little better and then junior and senior years were a 4.0....so the emphasis that adcoms told me they put on "upward trends" was definitely what I was riding on last application cycle. Needless to say, I faired well last application cycle, was never asked about my low freshman gpa in interviews-even though I always brought it up at interviews so it wouldn't seem as I was hiding anything, or so the interviewer wouldn't have unanswered questions when they reviewed my file later. At one FL school, when I brought it up, the interviewer stopped me dead in my tracks and said "everyone has to grow up sometime." Anyways, I hope REL will elaborate from an adcom's perspective, but I just wanted to give you a little encouragement until then.
 
Thanks so much for your reply. I have heard alot about the upward trend but I was not sure how it worked for the combined GPA. I am looking foward to what REL has to say as well. Thanks again!
 
I have received a secondary from everyone except FSU and UM. I received an email from FSU, but where is UM? Is anyone else in the same boat?
 
tomorrowgirl99 said:
I have received a secondary from everyone except FSU and UM. I received an email from FSU, but where is UM? Is anyone else in the same boat?


I already got mine from UM and sent it back to them! I know UM's secondary has been floating around for a while...How long have you been verified for?
 
DoctorDan24 said:
Does anyone know how each Florida school weights your Post Bach GPA vs. Your undergrad gpa? I have a 3.39 overall bcpm, but my Post bach is a 3.8
( 30+ credits of strictly science). Obviously im going to have a far better chance with a school that puts more merit in the Post-Bach aspects of my academic career. Anyone know for sure? or would it just be speculation?

Listen to the "old hands" McMD and Q, they are on top of their game in what they say. There are many factors, a 3.4 isnt too bad, but doing another 30 hours post-bac (?bachelors?) coursework was a good idea. Now tell me that it was in two full-time semesters and we can really get cooking on your app. That would show committees that you have gotten in right in the second round. Couple that with the volunteering, shadowing, research, etc --- and a solid 30 MCAT and I would predict you to be in line for an interview at 3 of the 4 MD programs in Florida. One program is not terribly non-trad friendly and is noted for taking over half of their class from their own undergrad program, mostly directly out of their bachelors degree, so they are a more difficult nut to crack. Regret later delay in response as I have been on vacation and away from the office.
 
The USF Secondary is available to all who meet the GPA/MCAT if you return an email to us. I have noted some bumps in the road that I believe to be related to AMCAS email so if you have responded and not gotten the secondary, please send another email request.

We are indeed changing physical space and are slightly delayed in application review, but that is a quick catch-up. As always we will begin interviewing on the final Monday in September with invitations for interview being conducted about 3 weeks in advance of an interview date. As noted in our secondary instructions, you can check the secondary application site to determine if your file is complete -- meaning all has been received. We also intend to send you an email when your file is complete. To determine if certain components have been received you will have to email us. We will not download letters from any of the electronic resources until the first week in August due to our move. But again, based on time available, this will not cause us any time delay in the interview invitation cycle in early September.
 
REL said:
The USF Secondary is available to all who meet the GPA/MCAT if you return an email to us. I have noted some bumps in the road that I believe to be related to AMCAS email so if you have responded and not gotten the secondary, please send another email request.

We are indeed changing physical space and are slightly delayed in application review, but that is a quick catch-up. As always we will begin interviewing on the final Monday in September with invitations for interview being conducted about 3 weeks in advance of an interview date. As noted in our secondary instructions, you can check the secondary application site to determine if your file is complete -- meaning all has been received. We also intend to send you an email when your file is complete. To determine if certain components have been received you will have to email us. We will not download letters from any of the electronic resources until the first week in August due to our move. But again, based on time available, this will not cause us any time delay in the interview invitation cycle in early September.

Make sure you write SECONDARY in the subject line of your reply email to get the USF secondary. I just hit reply the first time I tried to get the secondary from USF and I don't think they realized what it was. A couple of days later I sent an email with SECONDARY in the subject line and I got an email back with the secondary link like 5 minutes later. :luck:
 
REL said:
The USF Secondary is available to all who meet the GPA/MCAT if you return an email to us. I have noted some bumps in the road that I believe to be related to AMCAS email so if you have responded and not gotten the secondary, please send another email request.

We are indeed changing physical space and are slightly delayed in application review, but that is a quick catch-up. As always we will begin interviewing on the final Monday in September with invitations for interview being conducted about 3 weeks in advance of an interview date. As noted in our secondary instructions, you can check the secondary application site to determine if your file is complete -- meaning all has been received. We also intend to send you an email when your file is complete. To determine if certain components have been received you will have to email us. We will not download letters from any of the electronic resources until the first week in August due to our move. But again, based on time available, this will not cause us any time delay in the interview invitation cycle in early September.


Thanks for the info, REL. One question: I was looking on the secondary link for an indication of file complete or file incomplete and couldn't find it anywhere. All it says is that web application is complete and has not been processed. Is this the correct indication or are we supposed to be looking for something else?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
rajad10 said:
Thanks for the info, REL. One question: I was looking on the secondary link for an indication of file complete or file incomplete and couldn't find it anywhere. All it says is that web application is complete and has not been processed. Is this the correct indication or are we supposed to be looking for something else?


I was wondering the same thing!
 
rajad10 said:
Thanks for the info, REL. One question: I was looking on the secondary link for an indication of file complete or file incomplete and couldn't find it anywhere. All it says is that web application is complete and has not been processed. Is this the correct indication or are we supposed to be looking for something else?

This would be correct in that we have not yet downloaded the secondaries due to our move. We will automove those completed apps late this week or early next. Once all LOR's ect have been received, there will be a date that indicates file complete. At least that is the way it is supposed to work. We are recovering from some computer flux with a change in personnel. Please stay tuned. You are way early right now.
 
Is anyone else having problems deciding between the boca or miami campus of UM medical school? I feel like both programs have positives, but it seems like the miami campus program is very traditionally structured while the boca program is very innovative. However, I still want a program that will prepare me well for the Usmle tests. Also, do you think the miami campus would be better for someone who wants to pursue emergency medicine? I have too many questions.
 
I'm sure there are many changes at UM and their secondary since last application cycle due to the Boca Campus going "independant" for the 4 years...can you choose "no preference?" (that was an option last year). I would say that the Miami campus' curriculum is "moderately traditional" as it does group classes into different modules so that students can better understand closely related topics. I do not have experience with the new Boca curriculum, but yes, it does seem to be a bit more "innovative." As far as USMLE preparation, I think every medical school is geared (or at least says it's geared) toward preparing you for the USMLE....so take that with a grain of salt...you are inevitably going to learn the same material whether you attend UM or Johns Hopkins (IMO at least). Like I said, I don't know much about the new Boca program, but I'm sure it's going to be great and have great affiliated hospitals...but I'm sure at the Miami campus you will see your "fill" of Emergency Medicine and Trauma. But even if you went to the Boca campus, you can do rotations at JMH and get the same experience (not sure if these would still be considered "away" rotations since it's still UM...but I would assume so)....either way, you could make it happen if you wanted.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.