Why are some threads redirecting to advertisement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LADoc00

Gen X, the last great generation
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is this how SDN is operating or is it me? Some of the threads do not hyperlink and instead open an ad for Trello etc.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes I see it too. It's either a glitch or a sneaky way for SDN to get some ad money.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have not seen this happen.

If you hover over the thread titles you will see the URL that they go to. If you click it and it's a different address, I don't know what to tell you, but report it to the site.

Weird. I'm getting redirected to a Nutrisystem ad when I try to click on the UnitedHealthcare thread.

Weird. I'm getting redirected to a Nutrisystem ad when I try to click on the UnitedHealthcare thread.

yeah this. I ran a full virus and malware scan on my system, nothing. I also do a ton of board reading on other sites and have never seen this on other sites. I have also experienced this with 2 different computers at 2 different sites with 1 being a hospital system that is swept constantly for malware. I wonder if there is malware within the SDN site itself.

yeah this. I ran a full virus and malware scan on my system, nothing. I also do a ton of board reading on other sites and have never seen this on other sites. I have also experienced this with 2 different computers at 2 different sites with 1 being a hospital system that is swept constantly for malware. I wonder if there is malware within the SDN site itself.
Yes, I saw this too - definitely not just you.

Thanks for letting us know about this. It might be a bad Google Ad but I haven't been able to reproduce the issue. If you see it again, please let us know because we should not have any redirection ads.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got redirected from the "Elective Surgeries stopping again" thread.
Went to an ad for Nines Radiology

Yup "abp" thread here is redirecting now

Happening for myself, too, over in the Psychiatry forum. Different computers.

My best theory was at times I've seen the add bar not at the top by the header, but instead down amongst the thread options, maybe 5 rows down.

Thread
Thread
Thread
Thread
Advertisement Bar
Thread
Thread

And for some reason, that ad bar disappears but its script presence is still there, and when you click on a thread beneath you get the surprise diversion.

Happening for myself, too, over in the Psychiatry forum. Different computers.

My best theory was at times I've seen the add bar not at the top by the header, but instead down amongst the thread options, maybe 5 rows down.

Thread
Thread
Thread
Thread
Advertisement Bar
Thread
Thread

And for some reason, that ad bar disappears but its script presence is still there, and when you click on a thread beneath you get the surprise diversion.
great way to get clicks to advertisers!