Will a 507: (123/126/127/131) cripple DO chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HerbPeddler

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't know, the score distribution (123/126/127/131) is slippery. I read that people had no problem with a 123 in CARS, but my lowest section is C/P. At the same time it's not B/B, which I heard would've been serious considering it has more relevance to medical school coursework. Maybe the high P/S score compensates for it? Could this possibly be a significant defect to my chances? Should I worry about the school's sub-score cutoff? Must I compensate with additional EC, volunteering, LOR, etc or am I in the clear?

I just want reassurance that I'm not inadequate. Unfortunately, retaking is not an option. Keep in mind, this is only for DO schools, and I'm not asking about my comprehensive chance as I understand there's many others factors to consider. Rather, I want to know whether this will reflect poorly and if so, how poorly? What I'd prefer to hear is that my 507 is a 507, and the disparity won't be too alarming.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know, the score distribution (123/126/127/131) is slippery. I read that people had no problem with a 123 in CARS, but my lowest section is C/P. At the same time it's not B/B, which I heard would've been serious considering it has more relevance to medical school coursework. Maybe the high P/S score compensates for it? Could this possibly be a significant defect to my chances? Should I worry about the school's sub-score cutoff? Must I compensate with additional EC, volunteering, LOR, etc or am I in the clear?

I just want reassurance that I'm not inadequate. Unfortunately, retaking is not an option. Keep in mind, this is only for DO schools, and I'm not asking about my comprehensive chance as I understand there's many others factors to consider. Rather, I want to know whether this will reflect poorly and if so, how poorly? What I'd prefer to hear is that my 507 is a 507, and the disparity won't be too alarming.

I got 13 interviews and multiple acceptances this cycle with a 123 in CP. you’ll be fine as long as the rest of your application, GPA, etc. is good. A 123 won’t kill you

Reactions: 1 user
It's not great, but it's not the end of the world. 507 should keep you competitive as long as the rest of your app is fine.

Edit: I was referring to the 123 in C/P, which OP is asking about. There are schools that care about individual subsection scores as well as the overall score, and for those schools, a 123 in C/P could be viewed negatively.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Last edited:
  • Dislike
  • Inappropriate
Reactions: 2 users
Please disregard what this individual from MedSchoolTutors said above me in regards to "it's not great". A 507 most definitely is great for DO schools and will get you an interview at any of them. You are good to go and should expect a bunch of interviews!! :)

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Please disregard what this individual from MedSchoolTutors said above me in regards to "it's not great". A 507 most definitely is great for DO schools and will get you an interview at any of them. You are good to go and should expect a bunch of interviews!! :)

Sorry, all I meant was the 123 in C/P wouldn't exactly help them. There are schools that care about individual subsection scores as well as the overall score, and for those schools, a 123 in C/P could be viewed negatively.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks, that's very reassuring to hear. Had a bit trouble sleeping after reading MedSchoolTutors, phew... My stats are a bit rocky, so I was hoping the score would give me a slight edge at least. Now I can work on the rest with my mind at ease!

You'll be fine

Reactions: 1 user