General Admissions & OTCAS Will applying to a school directly without OTCAS put me at a disadvantage?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ramenmon

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am only applying to one school, so I didn't bother using OTCAS. The admissions office said it was okay... but now I am getting paranoid though that this will put me at a disadvantage.

Members don't see this ad.

I am only applying to one school, so I didn't bother using OTCAS. The admissions office said it was okay... but now I am getting paranoid though that this will put me at a disadvantage.

Honestly, no I do not think you are at a disadvantage at all. Although, I am speaking as an applicant so OT students may have a different outlook. I have spoken to many students/professors who attend or teach at schools that are not involved in OTCAS and they said they do not like receiving hundreds of applications so thats one of the reasons. Some of the top schools do not use OTCAS like UNC Chapel Hill and MUSC in Charleston, but are still extremely competitive. I think that if you do not have a competitive GPA and outstanding credentials like some students, that applying to a school not using OTCAS is probably the better way to go. You'll be fine, good luck!!

Yeah I dont think Barry cares assuming you applied there. I never got a response from them when I applied to them some time back.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I dont think Barry cares assuming you applied there. I never got a response from them when I applied to them some time back.
Ah, really? Do you remember what your stats were when you applied?

Sorry thinking back it was actually Brenau. I must of called emailed 4 or 5 times and got no response. No experience with Barry.

My bad dude.