Back to the
books.
😳 Some cultures do eat fertilized eggs, AFAIK.
Still, I just love all those anti-abortion enthusiasts who eat young animals all the time, but make a world of fuss over a 10 week-old human embryo. Or a human egg. I get it: if one can think that one is superior to a different looking human, one can easily think that one is better than any animal, too. (Maybe even the other way round?)
I would have a ton more respect for them (and their opinions) if they weren't quoting story books, and would stop eating meat.
I will be OK with interdicting abortions when all of us go vegan (i.e. killing animals will be outlawed, except for self-defense). Until then, the fewer humans on the planet, the better for the planet (and its other inhabitants).
P.S. I am a meat eater, just not proud of it.