Will YOU Get a COVID vaccine?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Will you get a vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 249 87.7%
  • No

Votes: 35 12.3%

• Total voters
And 40 year olds die. I wonder if he masked up?
SMH.
EqdGehsW4AEvQfq.jpeg

EqdGehtXcAQB13D.jpeg

EqdGehuXEAAUKd-.jpeg

EqdB1PMUwAA2E3r.jpeg

EqdGejiW8AEeb7m.jpeg

Treating physician said no comorbidities either. Fatality was entirely COVID related.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 user
SDN in 2010:
- How to be PP Slick
- AANA is Crazy
- How do I pick fellowship?
- Is this a good PP contract?

SDN in 2020:
- Physicians acting crazy about Trump
- Physicians fervently denying a vaccine

Wtf happened to some of you? Were you always crazy and now feel safe to let it out post 2016?

Interestingly enough they’re discussing the same topic on the EM forum. Only ~75% of respondents over there said they would get the vaccine now compared to ~88% on our forum. Not sure what that means, if anything (I know, it’s just a survey). Would still be curious to see what the number is amongst intensivists, ID docs, etc though.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interestingly enough they’re discussing the same topic on the EM forum. Only ~75% of respondents over there said they would get the vaccine now compared to ~88% on our forum. Not sure what that means, if anything (I know, it’s just a survey). Would still be curious to see what the number is amongst intensivists, ID docs, etc though.

I'm surprised it is so high with the number of anti-mask anti-vaccine people over there

Reactions: 2 users
View attachment 326117
View attachment 326118
View attachment 326119
View attachment 326121
View attachment 326120

Treating physician said no comorbidities either. Fatality was entirely COVID related.

Yeah I dont feel bad for him. I feel sorry for all the people he put at risk on his meet and greets, and the medical professionals who had to take care of him when he got covid. He knew what he was doing. He played the game, pretended covid wasn't real, didn't wear mask, didn't social distance. He lost.

• Sad
  • Dislike
Reactions: 8 users
Less than 50% of Tier 1 healthcare workers at our large SoCal health system received the first shot of the Pfizer series in the first week it was offered. Many open slots on vaccine days and likely thawed/wasted doses. They are already opening to lower tiers...

• Wow
Less than 50% of Tier 1 healthcare workers at our large SoCal health system received the first shot of the Pfizer series in the first week it was offered. Many open slots on vaccine days and likely thawed/wasted doses. They are already opening to lower tiers...

Its new technology vaccine. I'm sure these healthcare workers have their usual vaccines and aren't antivaxxers

SDN in 2010:
- How to be PP Slick
- AANA is Crazy
- How do I pick fellowship?
- Is this a good PP contract?

SDN in 2020:
- Physicians acting crazy about Trump
- Physicians fervently denying a vaccine

Wtf happened to some of you? Were you always crazy and now feel safe to let it out post 2016?
I remember people going crazy over the supposed Ebola threat.
Speaking of which a vaccine for it has been found since but no one cares about that.

• Hmm
Reactions: 5 users
Yeah I dont feel bad for him. I feel sorry for all the people he put at risk on his meet and greets, and the medical professionals who had to take care of him when he got covid. He knew what he was doing. He played the game, pretended covid wasn't real, didn't wear mask, didn't social distance. He lost.
Ok. Did he seriously pretend Covid wasn’t real?
Like he was one of those Covid is a hoax type people? Because that is real, smart.
I wish those people weren’t allowed in the hospital doors honestly.

They didn’t have to sign up? In order to ration?
Because that is really, really wasteful and poor planning on the pharmacy side.

Members don't see this ad :)
Guess this person didn’t want anyone to have it. Wonder what charges they could bring?

That is horrible. Choosing not to vaccinate yourself is one thing, but denying others the right to choose is just awful. What a ****ty human.

Reactions: 8 users
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 3 users
it’s worse. he was apparently hoping people got an ineffective vaccine thinking they were protected

Guy should lose his license, be banned from healthcare and get locked up. How can you be this selfish?

Reactions: 10 users
it’s worse. he was apparently hoping people got an ineffective vaccine thinking they were protected

He’s a monster. He should get more charges than what they arrested him for. Like 57 counts of felony battery or something.

I remember people going crazy over the supposed Ebola threat.
Speaking of which a vaccine for it has been found since but no one cares about that.
Because we don't have an Ebola pandemic? :angelic:

Because we don't have an Ebola pandemic? :angelic:
Because we have a vaccine?

Reading about the mRNA vaccine you could argue that one could develop immunity against the vector which could compromise further therapies that would rely on it...

I got the second dose yesterday of Pfizer. Was up all night with rigors, cold sweats, fever, diffuse muscle aches, bad headache. Be prepared everyone, I blew the warnings off.

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
I got the second dose yesterday of Pfizer. Was up all night with rigors, cold sweats, fever, diffuse muscle aches, bad headache. Be prepared everyone, I blew the warnings off.

I hope I don't have those side effects, but a night of that in exchange for not having to worry about long term disability from complications of COVID still seems like a good trade off.

I have fatigue and malaise. No fever, just feel like crud. I’m happy to be off. .. of course working the last 14 days of work have kinda sucked big giant donkey balls. I’m trying to avoid taking anything. I think one of the PA’s took a day off because of the same. One of use had like one day of mild Bell’s Palsey. She had also had already had COVID.

edit. Now fever.

Last edited:
  • Wow
22 hours after the first vaccine, I suddenly felt totally exhausted, nothing more and nothing less. Lasted into the next day/afternoon.

Not looking forward to shot number 2 in a couple weeks.

There are some medical professionals out there telling their patients NOT to take NSAIDS/Tylenol prior to second dose for fear of “dampening the immune response.”

Anyone else have this floating around?

There are some medical professionals out there telling their patients NOT to take NSAIDS/Tylenol prior to second dose for fear of “dampening the immune response.”

There is some evidence that happens in children with traditional vaccines (Link). I'm an adult and I can stand a fever and there is no chance I want to take anything to attenuate this so even though nobody told me not to take otc meds I am not taking any.

• Wow
I hope I don't have those side effects, but a night of that in exchange for not having to worry about long term disability from complications of COVID still seems like a good trade off.
The point is why not plan on being off or light duty the next day following your second dose? There is no reason many of us can’t plan our schedules around that second shot. The hospitals are doing disservice to their employees by not offering the vaccine on weekends.

The evidence seems to suggest not to take any prophylactic Tylenol before the shot but it’s safe to take Tylenol 6 hours after receiving a vaccine.

• Hmm
Got my 2nd dose yesterday. Arm was sore the next day, same as after the 1st shot. The plan remains the same as pre-vaccine. Masks at all times when in public or with anyone outside of my husband and daughters. I will continue to suggest (ignorant) nurses get vaccinated and continue to set a good example. Better 2 days of a sore arm than the "zebra" symptoms other young and healthy people have developed.

I took the second dose at 0900 on my call day. By 1600 I was miserable: mental fogginess, myalgia, arthralgia, chills, etc. Fortunately I had a relatively quiet call night. The symptoms got worse throughout the next 24 hours. I actually thought maybe I had managed to get COVID between injection one and two I was that miserable. I walked into work this morning and was told I looked like death warmed over. Still chills and fatigue. Fortunately a few hours later (now 48h post injection) I started feeling much better and by afternoon was back to 100%. Crazy how varied the reaction/non-reaction can be.

• Wow
The point is why not plan on being off or light duty the next day following your second dose? There is no reason many of us can’t plan our schedules around that second shot. The hospitals are doing disservice to their employees by not offering the vaccine on weekends.
I'm on call tonight, will get 2nd dose as I walk out the door tomorrow. No plans for the weekend.

Call sucks enough just for being call. No need to tempt fate and get the 2nd dose as I walk in today.

I'm on call tonight, will get 2nd dose as I walk out the door tomorrow. No plans for the weekend.

Call sucks enough just for being call. No need to tempt fate and get the 2nd dose as I walk in today.

Got the second shot today as I was leaving, and I have a long shift tomorrow. Rolling the dice so we'll see see what happens!

• Wow
Is the second dose really necessary?
If you are getting such strongs side effects after the 2nd shot doesn't that prove you had a pretty good immune reponse to the 1st one?

• Hmm
Got my second shot yesterday, and I started to have chills last night. Felt bad today at work. Got home and have low grade temp 100.6 :/ I've been avoiding taking tylenol or ibuprofen because, based on no actual data, I'm worried it'll suppress the immune response which I want.

• Sad
Is the response related to age and health conditions? Say you are young and healthy, immune system is more robust, and subsequently more side effects?

Last edited:
  • Hmm
I ended up feeling a bit under the weather (general malaise) after the 2nd shot, but symptoms were mild.

My understanding is there is some data, although weak, that taking Tylenol prior to vaccines can decrease their effectiveness. It comes up a lot in peds when parents try to preemptively treat their kids anticipating pain from shots.

I also only had a sore arm but I have only received the first dose. I think after receiving the anthrax vaccine a few times, nothing else compares, that s$*t sucks!

My understanding is there is some data, although weak, that taking Tylenol prior to vaccines can decrease their effectiveness. It comes up a lot in peds when parents try to preemptively treat their kids anticipating pain from shots.

I also only had a sore arm but I have only received the first dose. I think after receiving the anthrax vaccine a few times, nothing else compares, that s$*t sucks!
Yeah this 2nd shot better show up with its game face on, motivated to play if it hopes to break into the top 3
1. smallpox
2. anthrax
3. yellow fever (delivered by a pneumatic gun ... experience enhanced by the anticipation wrought by watching 100 people in line ahead of me get hit with it first)

Yeah this 2nd shot better show up with its game face on, motivated to play if it hopes to break into the top 3
1. smallpox
2. anthrax
3. yellow fever (delivered by a pneumatic gun ... experience enhanced by the anticipation wrought by watching 100 people in line ahead of me get hit with it first)
I have a feeling you are/were also military with deployments under your belt..... I remember being in Afghanistan having mortars shot at our base, breathing smoke from the locals burning tires to stay warm, while looking at the mold above my bunk thinking to myself I’m going to die from my 3rd anthrax vaccine I felt so ****ty