You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Will YOU Get a COVID vaccine?
Started by Shimmy8
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
SDN in 2010:
- How to be PP Slick
- AANA is Crazy
- How do I pick fellowship?
- Is this a good PP contract?
SDN in 2020:
- Physicians acting crazy about Trump
- Physicians fervently denying a vaccine
Wtf happened to some of you? Were you always crazy and now feel safe to let it out post 2016?
Interestingly enough they’re discussing the same topic on the EM forum. Only ~75% of respondents over there said they would get the vaccine now compared to ~88% on our forum. Not sure what that means, if anything (I know, it’s just a survey). Would still be curious to see what the number is amongst intensivists, ID docs, etc though.
Well....I had a feeling. Make masks political and this is what you get.View attachment 326117
View attachment 326118
View attachment 326119
View attachment 326121
View attachment 326120
Treating physician said no comorbidities either. Fatality was entirely COVID related.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interestingly enough they’re discussing the same topic on the EM forum. Only ~75% of respondents over there said they would get the vaccine now compared to ~88% on our forum. Not sure what that means, if anything (I know, it’s just a survey). Would still be curious to see what the number is amongst intensivists, ID docs, etc though.
I'm surprised it is so high with the number of anti-mask anti-vaccine people over there
View attachment 326117
View attachment 326118
View attachment 326119
View attachment 326121
View attachment 326120
Treating physician said no comorbidities either. Fatality was entirely COVID related.
Yeah I dont feel bad for him. I feel sorry for all the people he put at risk on his meet and greets, and the medical professionals who had to take care of him when he got covid. He knew what he was doing. He played the game, pretended covid wasn't real, didn't wear mask, didn't social distance. He lost.
Less than 50% of Tier 1 healthcare workers at our large SoCal health system received the first shot of the Pfizer series in the first week it was offered. Many open slots on vaccine days and likely thawed/wasted doses. They are already opening to lower tiers...
Less than 50% of Tier 1 healthcare workers at our large SoCal health system received the first shot of the Pfizer series in the first week it was offered. Many open slots on vaccine days and likely thawed/wasted doses. They are already opening to lower tiers...
Its new technology vaccine. I'm sure these healthcare workers have their usual vaccines and aren't antivaxxers
I remember people going crazy over the supposed Ebola threat.SDN in 2010:
- How to be PP Slick
- AANA is Crazy
- How do I pick fellowship?
- Is this a good PP contract?
SDN in 2020:
- Physicians acting crazy about Trump
- Physicians fervently denying a vaccine
Wtf happened to some of you? Were you always crazy and now feel safe to let it out post 2016?
Speaking of which a vaccine for it has been found since but no one cares about that.
Less than half of French want Covid vaccine: poll
Just four in 10 people in France want to have a vaccination against Covid-19, a poll showed Tuesday, as concern also grows over the slow start to the country's immunisation campaign.
Guess this person didn’t want anyone to have it. Wonder what charges they could bring?
FBI investigating COVID-19 vaccine 'tampering' after Aurora says employee intentionally removed vials from fridge, ruining 500 doses
An initial investigation led Aurora officials to believe the removal was a mistake, but the now-fired individual said Wednesday it was purposeful.
www.jsonline.com
Guess this person didn’t want anyone to have it. Wonder what charges they could bring?
![]()
FBI investigating COVID-19 vaccine 'tampering' after Aurora says employee intentionally removed vials from fridge, ruining 500 doses
An initial investigation led Aurora officials to believe the removal was a mistake, but the now-fired individual said Wednesday it was purposeful.www.jsonline.com
It should be felony vandalism
Ok. Did he seriously pretend Covid wasn’t real?Yeah I dont feel bad for him. I feel sorry for all the people he put at risk on his meet and greets, and the medical professionals who had to take care of him when he got covid. He knew what he was doing. He played the game, pretended covid wasn't real, didn't wear mask, didn't social distance. He lost.
Like he was one of those Covid is a hoax type people? Because that is real, smart.
I wish those people weren’t allowed in the hospital doors honestly.
They didn’t have to sign up? In order to ration?Less than 50% of Tier 1 healthcare workers at our large SoCal health system received the first shot of the Pfizer series in the first week it was offered. Many open slots on vaccine days and likely thawed/wasted doses. They are already opening to lower tiers...
Because that is really, really wasteful and poor planning on the pharmacy side.
That is horrible. Choosing not to vaccinate yourself is one thing, but denying others the right to choose is just awful. What a ****ty human.Guess this person didn’t want anyone to have it. Wonder what charges they could bring?
![]()
FBI investigating COVID-19 vaccine 'tampering' after Aurora says employee intentionally removed vials from fridge, ruining 500 doses
An initial investigation led Aurora officials to believe the removal was a mistake, but the now-fired individual said Wednesday it was purposeful.www.jsonline.com
it’s worse. he was apparently hoping people got an ineffective vaccine thinking they were protected
Aurora pharmacist arrested after Grafton police say he sabotaged more than 500 COVID-19 vaccine doses
The Advocate Aurora pharmacist left out vaccines on purpose, Wisconsin police say, knowing the more than 500 doses would be "useless."
www.jsonline.com
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
it’s worse. he was apparently hoping people got an ineffective vaccine thinking they were protected
![]()
Aurora pharmacist arrested after Grafton police say he sabotaged more than 500 COVID-19 vaccine doses
The Advocate Aurora pharmacist left out vaccines on purpose, Wisconsin police say, knowing the more than 500 doses would be "useless."www.jsonline.com
Guy should lose his license, be banned from healthcare and get locked up. How can you be this selfish?
He’s a monster. He should get more charges than what they arrested him for. Like 57 counts of felony battery or something.it’s worse. he was apparently hoping people got an ineffective vaccine thinking they were protected
![]()
Aurora pharmacist arrested after Grafton police say he sabotaged more than 500 COVID-19 vaccine doses
The Advocate Aurora pharmacist left out vaccines on purpose, Wisconsin police say, knowing the more than 500 doses would be "useless."www.jsonline.com
Arch Guillotti
Senior Member
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
For some reason I am reminded of our friend Barry and “goldilocks” anesthesia. Been awhile since so many around here have been fired up at the same time!
Barry and “goldilocks” anesthesia
Lol totally forgot about that guy
Steven Brandenburg
Pharmacist
Pharmacist
Last edited:
D
deleted171991
Because we don't have an Ebola pandemic?I remember people going crazy over the supposed Ebola threat.
Speaking of which a vaccine for it has been found since but no one cares about that.
Because we have a vaccine?Because we don't have an Ebola pandemic?![]()
Reading about the mRNA vaccine you could argue that one could develop immunity against the vector which could compromise further therapies that would rely on it...
That would be the adenovirus based vaccine. I think that's JnJ's baby.Because we have a vaccine?
Reading about the mRNA vaccine you could argue that one could develop immunity against the vector which could compromise further therapies that would rely on it...
I used to shampoo with JnJ babyThat would be the adenovirus based vaccine. I think that's JnJ's baby.
D
deleted171991
You ain't seen their diapers yet.I used to shampoo with JnJ baby
D
deleted899865
I got the second dose yesterday of Pfizer. Was up all night with rigors, cold sweats, fever, diffuse muscle aches, bad headache. Be prepared everyone, I blew the warnings off.
I got the second dose yesterday of Pfizer. Was up all night with rigors, cold sweats, fever, diffuse muscle aches, bad headache. Be prepared everyone, I blew the warnings off.
I hope I don't have those side effects, but a night of that in exchange for not having to worry about long term disability from complications of COVID still seems like a good trade off.
I got the second dose yesterday of Pfizer. Was up all night with rigors, cold sweats, fever, diffuse muscle aches, bad headache. Be prepared everyone, I blew the warnings off.
I have fatigue and malaise. No fever, just feel like crud. I’m happy to be off. .. of course working the last 14 days of work have kinda sucked big giant donkey balls. I’m trying to avoid taking anything. I think one of the PA’s took a day off because of the same. One of use had like one day of mild Bell’s Palsey. She had also had already had COVID.
edit. Now fever.
Last edited:
Same, 24hrs of Tylenol and Motrin. All is well again though.I got the second dose yesterday of Pfizer. Was up all night with rigors, cold sweats, fever, diffuse muscle aches, bad headache. Be prepared everyone, I blew the warnings off.
22 hours after the first vaccine, I suddenly felt totally exhausted, nothing more and nothing less. Lasted into the next day/afternoon.
Not looking forward to shot number 2 in a couple weeks.
Not looking forward to shot number 2 in a couple weeks.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There are some medical professionals out there telling their patients NOT to take NSAIDS/Tylenol prior to second dose for fear of “dampening the immune response.”
Anyone else have this floating around?
Anyone else have this floating around?
There is some evidence that happens in children with traditional vaccines (Link). I'm an adult and I can stand a fever and there is no chance I want to take anything to attenuate this so even though nobody told me not to take otc meds I am not taking any.There are some medical professionals out there telling their patients NOT to take NSAIDS/Tylenol prior to second dose for fear of “dampening the immune response.”
Anyone else have this floating around?
Did anyone read Gottliebs comments and get more worried? South African Covid variant appears to ‘obviate’ antibody drugs, Dr. Scott Gottlieb saysThe new variant has mutated a part of the spike protein that our antibodies bind to, to try to clear the virus itself, so this is concerning," Gottlieb said.
The point is why not plan on being off or light duty the next day following your second dose? There is no reason many of us can’t plan our schedules around that second shot. The hospitals are doing disservice to their employees by not offering the vaccine on weekends.I hope I don't have those side effects, but a night of that in exchange for not having to worry about long term disability from complications of COVID still seems like a good trade off.
Effects of Prophylactic and Therapeutic Paracetamol Treatment during Vaccination on Hepatitis B Antibody Levels in Adults: Two Open-Label, Randomized Controlled Trials - PMC
Worldwide, paracetamol is administered as a remedy for complaints that occur after vaccination. Recently published results indicate that paracetamol inhibits the vaccination response in infants when given prior to vaccination. The goal of this study ...
The evidence seems to suggest not to take any prophylactic Tylenol before the shot but it’s safe to take Tylenol 6 hours after receiving a vaccine.
Got my 2nd dose yesterday. Arm was sore the next day, same as after the 1st shot. The plan remains the same as pre-vaccine. Masks at all times when in public or with anyone outside of my husband and daughters. I will continue to suggest (ignorant) nurses get vaccinated and continue to set a good example. Better 2 days of a sore arm than the "zebra" symptoms other young and healthy people have developed.
I took the second dose at 0900 on my call day. By 1600 I was miserable: mental fogginess, myalgia, arthralgia, chills, etc. Fortunately I had a relatively quiet call night. The symptoms got worse throughout the next 24 hours. I actually thought maybe I had managed to get COVID between injection one and two I was that miserable. I walked into work this morning and was told I looked like death warmed over. Still chills and fatigue. Fortunately a few hours later (now 48h post injection) I started feeling much better and by afternoon was back to 100%. Crazy how varied the reaction/non-reaction can be.
I'm on call tonight, will get 2nd dose as I walk out the door tomorrow. No plans for the weekend.The point is why not plan on being off or light duty the next day following your second dose? There is no reason many of us can’t plan our schedules around that second shot. The hospitals are doing disservice to their employees by not offering the vaccine on weekends.
Call sucks enough just for being call. No need to tempt fate and get the 2nd dose as I walk in today.
I'm on call tonight, will get 2nd dose as I walk out the door tomorrow. No plans for the weekend.
Call sucks enough just for being call. No need to tempt fate and get the 2nd dose as I walk in today.
Got the second shot today as I was leaving, and I have a long shift tomorrow. Rolling the dice so we'll see see what happens!
Is the second dose really necessary?
If you are getting such strongs side effects after the 2nd shot doesn't that prove you had a pretty good immune reponse to the 1st one?
If you are getting such strongs side effects after the 2nd shot doesn't that prove you had a pretty good immune reponse to the 1st one?
Got the second shot today as I was leaving, and I have a long shift tomorrow. Rolling the dice so we'll see see what happens!
Got my second shot yesterday, and I started to have chills last night. Felt bad today at work. Got home and have low grade temp 100.6 :/ I've been avoiding taking tylenol or ibuprofen because, based on no actual data, I'm worried it'll suppress the immune response which I want.
Is the response related to age and health conditions? Say you are young and healthy, immune system is more robust, and subsequently more side effects?
Last edited:
2nd shot yesterday, nothing besides soreness (not as bad as first time)
this is promising for me! I had a ton of symptoms after #1 for 48-72 hours, and I'm getting #2 tomorrow. Was getting pretty nervous.2nd shot yesterday, nothing besides soreness (not as bad as first time)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I ended up feeling a bit under the weather (general malaise) after the 2nd shot, but symptoms were mild.
My understanding is there is some data, although weak, that taking Tylenol prior to vaccines can decrease their effectiveness. It comes up a lot in peds when parents try to preemptively treat their kids anticipating pain from shots.There are some medical professionals out there telling their patients NOT to take NSAIDS/Tylenol prior to second dose for fear of “dampening the immune response.”
Anyone else have this floating around?
I also only had a sore arm but I have only received the first dose. I think after receiving the anthrax vaccine a few times, nothing else compares, that s$*t sucks!
Yeah this 2nd shot better show up with its game face on, motivated to play if it hopes to break into the top 3My understanding is there is some data, although weak, that taking Tylenol prior to vaccines can decrease their effectiveness. It comes up a lot in peds when parents try to preemptively treat their kids anticipating pain from shots.
I also only had a sore arm but I have only received the first dose. I think after receiving the anthrax vaccine a few times, nothing else compares, that s$*t sucks!
1. smallpox
2. anthrax
3. yellow fever (delivered by a pneumatic gun ... experience enhanced by the anticipation wrought by watching 100 people in line ahead of me get hit with it first)
I have a feeling you are/were also military with deployments under your belt..... I remember being in Afghanistan having mortars shot at our base, breathing smoke from the locals burning tires to stay warm, while looking at the mold above my bunk thinking to myself I’m going to die from my 3rd anthrax vaccine I felt so ****tyYeah this 2nd shot better show up with its game face on, motivated to play if it hopes to break into the top 3
1. smallpox
2. anthrax
3. yellow fever (delivered by a pneumatic gun ... experience enhanced by the anticipation wrought by watching 100 people in line ahead of me get hit with it first)
D
deleted162650
1. smallpox
I’ve heard a SEAL say he was hoping he would actually get full blown smallpox from the vaccine and die ‘cuz it was so miserable.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 22
- Views
- 2K