Wisconsin supplemental- odd Q.S

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

painthorse111

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, is anyone else applying to Wisconsin? There supplemental application is due in December, but I was looking over it today and saw some really odd questions. Is it normal to ask for information like; when and where did you and your parents last vote? Where and when was your vehicle registered, and what is the date your driver's license was issued? Also, why would they want to know where my parents are employed, shouldn't this admission process be about me rather than my parents? Perhaps there is a good reason they are asking all this, are there any other applications that ask for this type of info?
 
Hi, is anyone else applying to Wisconsin? There supplemental application is due in December, but I was looking over it today and saw some really odd questions. Is it normal to ask for information like; when and where did you and your parents last vote? Where and when was your vehicle registered, and what is the date your driver's license was issued? Also, why would they want to know where my parents are employed, shouldn't this admission process be about me rather than my parents? Perhaps there is a good reason they are asking all this, are there any other applications that ask for this type of info?

hey yeah, i filled that out too.i was just thinking they were wondering about the u and your parents voting and car registration to determine residency?? i thought it was odd too. i haven't had any other applications ask this info.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, I think they're stabbing at residency with all the questions.
 
Thanks for the replies. I guess that does make sense about the residency. I wish they would just trust me when I fill out the multiple boxes they have on permenant, temporary, and all previous addresses for both myself and my parents! :laugh: Oh well I guess they are allowed to ask whatever they want and I will still fill it out!
 
Thanks for the replies. I guess that does make sense about the residency. I wish they would just trust me when I fill out the multiple boxes they have on permenant, temporary, and all previous addresses for both myself and my parents! :laugh: Oh well I guess they are allowed to ask whatever they want and I will still fill it out!

Don't forget the part where you agree to give them your first-born child...


:laugh:
 
Yeah, I thought that was odd too. Also, I emailed Wisconsin this week to ask about interviews and notification dates since their website was unclear and they told me that they do not conduct interview and will be going through applications in mid-February and will be sending out notification letters in the beginning of March.

So basically, we won't be hearing anything from them until Mid-March and it will be either a yes or no. Seems kind of cruel, doesn't it.
 
Yeah, I thought that was odd too. Also, I emailed Wisconsin this week to ask about interviews and notification dates since their website was unclear and they told me that they do not conduct interview and will be going through applications in mid-February and will be sending out notification letters in the beginning of March.

So basically, we won't be hearing anything from them until Mid-March and it will be either a yes or no. Seems kind of cruel, doesn't it.

How many nails can we chew off until then? We'll be onto our toes at that point...:scared:
 
How many nails can we chew off until then? We'll be onto our toes at that point...:scared:

been there, done that, x3. paint your nails if that's what it takes to leave them alone. get a massage. focus on your current schoolwork. join an underwater basketweaving club. anything. it is like watching water boil, the grass grow, or ice melt (cheers to the rest of middle america, yesterday's partial melt froze solid last night). I never understood what takes so long, med schools get back to people so much faster. oh well. and I hate to say this, but everyone should have formulated their "backup plan" by the time Feb-March rolls around... for me having a plan took some stress off. Hope for the best, plan for the worst. Then you get to be thankful when you don't need your backup plan.
good luck guys.
 
Is anyone else having trouble logging onto the supplemental website? The page just doesn't come up!
 
Hi K9. I did not have any problems yesterday. That's when I submitted my application. Have you attempted to use a different browser? Sometimes, I have noticed, security settings interfere with these websites. If not, I would just call Wisconsin ASAP and tell them about your problem, since the deadline is tonight at midnight.
 
Hi K9. I did not have any problems yesterday. That's when I submitted my application. Have you attempted to use a different browser? Sometimes, I have noticed, security settings interfere with these websites. If not, I would just call Wisconsin ASAP and tell them about your problem, since the deadline is tonight at midnight.
Thank you! I checked again this morning and the website seems to be working for me now. phew!
 
since the deadline is tonight at midnight.
Holy ****. Thanks so much for posting this... I filled out most of the application back when it first opened, and for some reason remembered the deadline as the 12th. I was putting off filling in the "experience update" section because I'm currently scheduling some stuff I wanted to include. I would have completely let the deadline pass without looking...
 
My pleasure kate_g 🙂 It is good to know that it helped someone. Good luck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad