Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
GOt my rejection letter yesterday

Big shocker since I didn't fill out supplemental or pay the fee!:cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I'm new here. I wasn't expecting much from my Wisconsin application, so I was shocked to open my rejection letter and find out that I'm on the waitlist. #31 OOS. I have yet to be accepted anywhere, and my last 2 letters were flat out rejections, so this feels pretty good. Also, I learned at my Illinois interview yesterday that Wisconsin is THE place for aquatic pathology.

Got the dreaded rejection letter today. kind of a bummer, i must admit! BUT i did get into LSU and i was sort of leaning that way anyways - so mostly just a blow to the ego. lol

Congrats to those who got in!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Alternate! Very nice of them :)

I really like the school but I am happy with my other options and realistically know that if I decide to go out of state I will pick one of the schools I am accepted at over Wisconsin so I am sending in my alternate-removal card. I hope this helps moves some people up the list (I was iun the high forties).

I am super sad though because I did not get the statistics page! I am a math major so I heart numbers - why did they forget to send it to me :( Anyone feel like scanning it??? I am too curious!

I called Lynn at Madison to answer my questions if anyone's interested this is what I found out:

There are separate waitlists for IS and OOS

If a spot opens up for a waitlisted person they should receive a phone call right away followed up by a letter in the mail

Those on the waitlist are not invited to attend the open house, although they are welcome to set up a time to visit in the spring/summer to talk to faculty and students and to tour the school

You can call to find out where the waitlist is as every few weeks, and don't feel bad about it because everyone does. And if you do so, you should probably post here where they're at :)

Last few years IS waitlists accepted through 11, 6, and 13 respectively

My depression has lifted slightly... :(

I don't know about anyone else but I'm feeling pretty good about even making the waitlist...970 applicants for 20 spots!! Holy crap! Congrats to those who got in!

Also not too hopeful about being offered admission; basically everyone who was offered a spot would have to decline and then like 20 more people on the waitlist would have to decline to for me to get a spot! oh man...

i'm getting really bummed...everyone in my state received letters yesterday, and i still have no mail. i even just called the post office because i was worried the mailman wasn't delivering because of too much snow :(

i'm getting really bummed...everyone in my state received letters yesterday, and i still have no mail. i even just called the post office because i was worried the mailman wasn't delivering because of too much snow :(

Don't worry, I didn't get anything either (and yet a lot of people in my state already got their letters). But I'm doing mail forwarding, so maybe it's just taking a little longer for mine to come?). I'm really anxious to know what my status is, though!

Ok I finally got my acceptance packet today, yipee, so I can really believe it is true -- I get to go to vet school in the US, and at one of my top three out of state schools. By looking at the statistics, I have also determined that am officially the oldest member of the class of 2013 :cool:. No snide comments here! I may be old but I can still kick your young butts! :D Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and enthusiasm.

Here are the stats as provided to me in the letter:

Residents female male total
47 13 60
Non-Residents (me)
12 8 20

Scores (mean)
GRE quantitative
Resident 688 OOS 722
Verbal 542 594
Written 4.4 4.6
Undergrad GPA
3.59 3.76
Req course GPA
3.59 3.79
Last 30 GPA
3.66 3.85

Sorry for the formatting errors, I am not a computer geek.

As for my sorry qualifications, the only categories I actually exceeded the mean on was last 30 GPA, age, the fact that I am coming in with a MS, and that I have had not 1 but 4 semesters of anatomy -- I am a GTA for the grad level animal anatomy class here at Colorado State, a big anatomy school.

Kai

Rejected.

Sucks when the accepted stats are almost all below yours and you still get that nice little letter. I can only think it was my small amount of experience that kept me off the waitlist. Or those stupid formatting errors.

Off to :cry: now. Congrats to all of those accepted and waitlisted. Enjoy Wisconsin for me.

Last edited:
So I came home today to find my Wisconsin letter, I opened it and to my amazed shock and happy surprise found a waitlist letter! I am really psyched because I had totally readied myself for rejection.

This letter says that my "rank on the alternate list is two." (I am OOS)

Does that seriously for real mean #2?!

This is potentially very awesome but now I may have a really hard decision to make if the OOS waitlist moves. I guess another visit to the midwest may be in order...

Any current students-- I was looking at the curriculum posted on the UW-Madison website and they make it seem like you guys get a pretty decent amount of hands-on experience right away-- what have your experiences been? There's something about doing a checklist of clinic skills at the teaching hospital? These are definitely things that I might really want to do... LMK and thanks in advance!

I cannot talk for those accepted, but I talked to someone high on the OOS wait list and I think she is going to decline. For all those accepted congratulations, for those on the waitlist I feel your pain, I am/have lived throught that both myself and with friends. For those with the dreaded "other letter", we have all gotten those many many times, please just remember that we are doing this for the animals/ourselves, not for the glory. Vet med is a life calling, not just a job. If we wanted an easy time and to make lots of money we'd just become primate vets. Hang in there, they (the animals) are worth it!

Kai
who just a week ago today was looking seriously at the carribean.

Members don't see this ad :)
OK, so do you think it would be acceptable to call the admissions office today if I still haven't received a letter, considering everyone at my university got theirs 2 days ago? (I also called the post office and they are not hoarding my mail like I originally thought).

I don't see why not...can it really affect their decision at this point?

Hello everyone -- just thought I'd congratulate those who will be in the class below me (2013) at Wisconsin! We're looking forward to meeting you at the open house (which is Friday April 3rd -- the day after my birthday!) and if you have any questions, please feel free to email me! I don't get on to SDN as much because, (oh so surprisingly) I spend a lot of my time in the clinic or studying. At least the past few weeks.

I'm so frustrated! Everyone at my school received their letters on Monday and I still haven't received mine. I called the school yesterday, no one picked up, so I left a message. They didn't call me back today, so when I called them again, no one answered. I finally just e-mailed them. I feel like I'm in limbo! Even if it's a rejection, I'd like to know!! :poke:

I am new to this website as well... but I am excited to tell I was also accepted!! I can't wait for April to come around to meet everyone. Also, my boyfriend applied, but hasn't gotten anything back yet. We both went to UW for undergrad and live in the state. He has called and couldn't get through today either. Any ideas?:confused:

Can you figure out from the statistics if he was accepted? IE, was there multiple acceptances from that school?

And bah, I think I can't make the open house because I have to miss multiple days in April already and don't want to push my luck, but hopefully can reschedule things.

ok, i was finally able to get in contact with the admissions office and i was rejected...not a huge surprise! congrats to those accepted/waitlisted :laugh:

sorry livefor32 :(

The admissions office finally called me too (after I emailed them saying that I didn't get my letter), and they told me over the phone that I was rejected. :(

Oh well... I have one more school to hear from, but if that fails, at least Ross doesn't seem that bad...

Just wanted to put out there that I was asked to give a presentation during the open house at WI on the "typical life of a first year" ..... so if you have any specific questions, shoot me an email! piskun AT wisc DOT edu. I kinda know what to talk about, but sometimes people think up other things too!

I just wanted to let those on the OOS waitlist know that I am 99% sure that I will be declining my accepted slot at WI for one at another school, so hopefully this will move things up for those who are waiting on pins and needles. I shall forever be most grateful for the excellent opportunity the WI CVM offered me at their fine institution. :)

Kai

I think there might only be one other IS waitlist person on here, but anyways, I called today to see if the IS waitlist moved and I went from spot #10 to spot #9:banana: Yay, little things like this make me happy!

I think there might only be one other IS waitlist person on here, but anyways, I called today to see if the IS waitlist moved and I went from spot #10 to spot #9:banana: Yay, little things like this make me happy!

Horray! There is still hope for us yet! :D Good luck! I hope we both get in then... CLASS in fall!

Horray! There is still hope for us yet! :D Good luck! I hope we both get in then... CLASS in fall!

Well if you're #3 if I remember correctly you will have NO PROBLEM!!! I'm pretty sure they always go that far for IS. You'll get in no prob.

STILL no word from them yet. And, no word on who the 1 person is @ my school on their list... So I e-mailed Lynn Maki for an update on my decision letter/stats. This is what i got:

Hello Sabrina,

I'm sorry you haven't received your letter as yet. I will prepare another
and get it in the mail to you this afternoon.

Thank you,
Lynn Maki
Director of Admissions

Aaaaaaghhhh, ... why can't i just get a :thumbup: or :thumbdown:? Just TELL MEEE already!

... I've decided I have to accept an offer this cycle. If I have to go through another application cycle I'll become certifiable. Fact.

pyxystyx thats awful! you poor thing! im sure the waiting will pay off and you will be able to celebrate like mad!

does anyone know by chance where the OOS waitlist is at? i have a tendancy to bother admissions people way too much and im trying to control myself as there wont be much movement until 4/15, buuuutt if anyone has already called i would love to know :)
thanks!

So, I couldn't take the wait for a letter, and decided to take the more direct approach and CALL to ask for my status- They STILL wouldn't tell me!!!

I wanted to say, "I've been rejected already. It's ok. I won't cry, or make you feel bad, I just... need... to... KNOW! I've been accepted to other schools already and need to finalize my plans for my life next year. Please. Just tell me."

BUT,... I didn't want to be pushy. So I just left it at "ok". :(

grrr...

pyxystyx that whole thing is just too weird. Not getting your letter, them not telling you your status on the phone after they told Wildvet her status. Very, very strange. I hope it will be good news to those who wait (and waited, and waited).

Does anyone know when we will get financial aid info from Wisconsin???

Did you fill out FAFSA?

I received an e-mail from Madison after I filled out my FAFSA that I needed to go online and print off a form and send in my tax info for the previous year along with W2's and such not.

I just sent that in yesterday so I can't say what the verdict is yet.

Yep, I did that FAFSA and sent those forms in awhile ago...

woo hoo I'm number 6 today!!!! (I've moved from #10 IS)

:soexcited::clap::love::highfive::lock:
:banana::biglove::zip::rofl::claps:

happy dance happy dance and it's not even the 15th yet!!!

Last edited:
Woohoo, littlelisa! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

So I call UW today and lynn answers. I tell her I'm calling to see if my position on the instate waitlist has changed at all. "Well, I have some good/bad news for you..... you've moved from #3 to #1 on the waitlist. AWESOME NEWS!!! Come on, one more person just one more. :scared:

We made it to D-DAY everyone! So let's see some posts up here about acceptances before the end of the day!!!

:D:D:D:D:D

E-mail addresses, course registration, and textbook info just got sent out in an email, guys!

It's all seeming real...

E-mail addresses, course registration, and textbook info just got sent out in an email, guys!

It's all seeming real...

I didn't get the email! Oh no, what if they don't want me anymore?!!!

No, seriously, I better get the email soon or I am going to start freaking out about this! :eek:

Have you tried activating your ID yet?

Hmm...I'm sure they're just sending them out in batches. Anyone else get it yet?

:eek::eek::eek::eek:wait what id?

I am going to go through my correspondance again!!!! Don't scare me!:scared::scared::scared:

If you filled out fafsa stuff, they should have sent you a response email with your campus ID number...which you can in turn use to activate your "NetID" and access your "student center" (class list, enrollment, financial aid) and other services (email, etc.)

It should have been in the confirmation email from FAFSA?

Enrollment helpline (to get ID number): (608) 262-0920.

Helpdesk (to get NetID activation info): 264-4357

If you filled out fafsa stuff, they should have sent you a response email with your campus ID number...which you can in turn use to activate your "NetID" and access your "student center" (class list, enrollment, financial aid) and other services (email, etc.)

It should have been in the confirmation email from FAFSA?

Enrollment helpline (to get ID number): (608) 262-0920.

Helpdesk (to get NetID activation info): 264-4357

Oh ok! Thanks! I didn't fill out the FAFSA. I guess I'll just email Lynn. Thanks a lot!

I did fill out FAFSA but I didn't get today's email either...

Malhi emailed Lynn. I guess we're being activated in batches. The exciting part - April 27th is our day for enrollment! And it has the schedule for the fall in it and everything.