wise to retake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sendwich

you rock!
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
about 4 years ago, i took my pre-req classes and came out with a pretty big handful of C's. I've graduated and am planning on going back to school to rack up on A's in upper division sciences at the university to "redeem" myself.

my question is, should i retake the courses i've received C's in? I feel more confident to do a lot better this time but I dont know if it would be a waste of time. Should I rather take more upper div science classes and get A's in those or is retaking worth it?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

The magic number seems to be 5 years. If they were taken 5 years ago then I think it's okay. From what I have gathered, anything newer is still seen as 'fresh' in the mind ( or some such pre-med admissions talk ) and is therefore not recommended to retake. Since you didn't do well enough to gain acceptance I suggest waiting and then taking some classes over again. But, I am not so sure about the factor of retaking premed classes younger than 5 years.

when you say 5 years, is this 5 years after taking the actual course or graduation? i took these classes as a sophomore, and it's been 2 years since i graduated (so total of ~4 yrs ago)

That I don't know :idea: But I would think it would be five years after the class, not after graduation.

Best to ask around though.