Withdraw from a course?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

quadomatic

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm considering dropping a grad school course I'm taking. I have a 10 page paper due on Monday, and haven't had time to work on it till now...I don't think it's possible for me to finish it...

I'm taking 22 credit hours right now (8 courses), so that's mostly why I didn't have time to work on it. I'm in my third year (also my last year...graduating this year), and the course is an elective. If I withdraw, I may not retake it next semester.

Should I withdraw?

Members don't see this ad.

Bump...I managed to write most of it thus far, though I also have a test tomorrow that I've studied very very little for...

Still curious if I should withdraw just to relieve some of the stress of having this heavy a courseload...suggestions?

I'm considering dropping a grad school course I'm taking. I have a 10 page paper due on Monday, and haven't had time to work on it till now...I don't think it's possible for me to finish it...

I'm taking 22 credit hours right now (8 courses), so that's mostly why I didn't have time to work on it. I'm in my third year (also my last year...graduating this year), and the course is an elective. If I withdraw, I may not retake it next semester.

Should I withdraw?
Damn, 22 credits/8 classes. What were you thinking when you were registering for that many classes? I think you should consider dropping, unless you absolutely need the class. Even then, you should just take it at a later time when you're more stable.

Members don't see this ad :)
Bump...I managed to write most of it thus far, though I also have a test tomorrow that I've studied very very little for...

Still curious if I should withdraw just to relieve some of the stress of having this heavy a courseload...suggestions?

My advice? Begin with 1 cup iced coffee. Add 3 shots espresso, 1 5hr energy, and 2 crushed caffeine pills. Top with whipped cream and an 8-ball of coke. You will finish your paper, study for your test, get arrested, serve a life sentence, and die of old age before you even think about falling asleep.

I seriously don't understand how people can handle 22 credits. Those credits on top of volunteering, (sometimes) work, and personal life.

I seriously don't understand how people can handle 22 credits. Those credits on top of volunteering, (sometimes) work, and personal life.
i doubt OP has a job and/or personal life with 22 credits, No offense to you OP.

i doubt OP has a job and/or personal life with 22 credits, No offense to you OP.

Haha, I understand why you might believe that but...I work about 12 hours a week on average in research, and other time is spent doing organizing/activism and editing some student publications.

Somehow I do still manage to have a personal life.

demotivation.us_School-You-can-choose-just-two-ot-them.jpg

I definitely lose a lot on the sleep part.