Withdrawing or taking a C in a lab

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rubikscube85

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't want to beat a dead horse here, but I feel like this is a different situation than someone withdrawing from a 3-4 credit hour lecture.

I'm looking for some advice on whether or not to withdraw from my organic chemistry II lab (1 credit hour). I have a 98% in the lecture but I have been absolutely wrecked by the lab lol I recieved my mid-term grade and I have a C. I might be able to bring it up, but I don't like hinging on a hypothetical. Thanks in advance for any advice. My gpa = 3.65 if it helps.
 
I got a B in a one credit hour research lab because of my PI. Dropped my GPA 0.02 points.. Never again.. Although I had a higher GPA. Taking that grade wont hurt you.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got 2 C+s, one of them in organic. Was asked about it in interview. Didn't have a great answer; I would suggest you find a good excuse. Anyways I'm in med school now despite no good excuse, so taking the C worked for me. I did get an A in the organic II tho which may hv helped.