Withdrawing or taking a C in a lab

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rubikscube85

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't want to beat a dead horse here, but I feel like this is a different situation than someone withdrawing from a 3-4 credit hour lecture.

I'm looking for some advice on whether or not to withdraw from my organic chemistry II lab (1 credit hour). I have a 98% in the lecture but I have been absolutely wrecked by the lab lol I recieved my mid-term grade and I have a C. I might be able to bring it up, but I don't like hinging on a hypothetical. Thanks in advance for any advice. My gpa = 3.65 if it helps.

Members don't see this ad.

Alright. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I got a B in a one credit hour research lab because of my PI. Dropped my GPA 0.02 points.. Never again.. Although I had a higher GPA. Taking that grade wont hurt you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea take the C in Lab, no one cares lol. You'll never have to read NMRs or crystalize crap as a med student.

Reactions: 1 user
Got 2 C+s, one of them in organic. Was asked about it in interview. Didn't have a great answer; I would suggest you find a good excuse. Anyways I'm in med school now despite no good excuse, so taking the C worked for me. I did get an A in the organic II tho which may hv helped.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the responses! I'll just take the C and move on haha