work related accomplishments worthy of an update?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ohnotornadooo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure I already know the answer to the question, but for peace of mind, I’ll go ahead and ask the millionth update related question today: Though I’m not in a position to be sending any of the typical updates (don’t work in research, no longer in school), my work does allow me to take on a fair bit of management responsibility in certain areas and I’ve recently completed what I would consider to be a substantial project. Are non-research work related updates worthy of mention? If so, what’s fair game? Developing inter-organizational partnerships? Securing grants? Promotions? Etc.? I also single-handedly assembled two Ikea nightstands in one day this weekend, and if that’s not worthy of an update I’m not sure what is.

Just hoping I can have something to say besides “LOVE ME PLZ” if/when I’m waitlisted at my top choice in the spring. Getting a little ahead of myself, I know, but planning never hurts, right? Thanks, y'all!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
If you're already writing to a school for another reason (i.e. letter of interest or letter of intent) then throwing that in concisely certainly wouldn't hurt. Sending it on it's own would be a waste of everyone's time because it likely won't sway anyone's decision.

Reactions: 1 users
If you're already writing to a school for another reason (i.e. letter of interest or letter of intent) then throwing that in concisely certainly wouldn't hurt. Sending it on it's own would be a waste of everyone's time because it likely won't sway anyone's decision.
exactly what I needed to hear! I'll save it for letter of intent time, if it comes to that. Thanks!