Worried.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Heyyyyy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am kind of worried because i forgot everything i learned in organic/g.chem/bios/math. And, i don't think i will have time to review the material this summer. Will i be at a big disadvantage when school starts?

thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

You should be alright. Once you've learned something, it will come back when you need it. For example: I took Vertebrate Zoology two years ago. Right now I'm taking Anatomy & Physiology and we're studying organ systems. This is the same stuff I learned in zoology. I thought I had forgotten that, too. But, when the professor lectured on it, it was like a review and it all popped back into my head.

I wouldn't worry too much about remembering those things. The very few OChem stuff you'll ever see is some nomenclature, and knowledge of functional groups. You will see some of your acid/base equilibrium stuff from GChem (Henderson-Hasselbach eq, pKa, pH, etc...). Much of this stuff will be reintroduced to you in class, you're at no disadvantage for not reviewing your old material.

thanks. i feel less stress now.