You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Worst admissions staff in the country.
Started by Jalby
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
lol I spent the morning reading this as I was working out at Yates hahaAs long as you don't work at Georgetown.
I realized I haven't posted a reply on such a historic thread yet..
A bit late, but cheers @Jalby!
A bit late, but cheers @Jalby!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is @Jalby still active on SDN?I realized I haven't posted a reply on such a historic thread yet..
A bit late, but cheers @Jalby!
Is @Jalby still active on SDN?
Jalby pops in from time to time. Legends say if you say @Jalby three times it compels him to post in this thread.
What I love is that ANYONE who applies to Georgetown's medical school from now on will see this thread for eternity.Jalby pops in from time to time. Legends say if you say @Jalby three times it compels him to post in this thread.
"Georgetown's law school has a great reputation.
Georgetown's medical school is known for having a financially devastated hospital and is academically bankrupt. They've lost so many of the leaders they once had in several fields. The medical center has been on a serious downward spiral for a good 4 or 5 years now."
Is @Jalby still active on SDN?
Oh yea, his grudge against G-town is deep.
I did not apply to Georgetown because of this thread.
I did not apply to Georgetown because of this thread.
In @Jalby we trust!
@Jalby
@Jalby
@Jalby
Jalby pops in from time to time. Legends say if you say @Jalby three times it compels him to post in this thread.
Challenge accepted.
Their undergrad dean is pretty amaze.. But I may be biased as a local
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When this thread was originally posted I was 13, building my first computer, playing neopets and teaching myself photoshop, css and html to make layouts for neopets guild pages. I love when threads like this get necro-bumped on forums, it's crazy to see the internet of olde.
I had no idea there were forums this long ago...
Also not planning on applying to Georgetown because of this thread.
I know it may be sacrilegious to speak good of Georgetown in this thread, but I actually enjoyed interviewing there. Don't currently go there though...
I feel like by posting here, I'm putting a piece of myself into this priceless time capsule. Fight the good fight sir.
lol I spent the morning reading this as I was working out at Yates haha
Heh remember reading this thread for the first time while I was "studying" at the Leavey Center.
Back then it was only at 3 pages...
I think SDN started in 1999. Always have to laugh at threads in the distant past (heck I laugh at some of the ones now). Some themes never change though.I had no idea there were forums this long ago...
Also not planning on applying to Georgetown because of this thread.
Hrm I actually just made my school list the other day and Georgetown inadvertently made its way onto there. Time to fix that...
Georgetown is an excellent medical school. Don't let anyone discourage you from applying solely based on their opinion of the institution.
Ok hold up true talk. If I'm interested in GTown primarily for their strong policy/law focus (e.g., GPPI) that I want to continue in during med school, is it worth considering even with its lower med rep? I care a lot more I think about a school's rep in those fields bc of my background and future interests. They're pretty weak in finance/econ but I think I'm gonna jump that ship once I'm outta college anyway.Hrm I actually just made my school list the other day and Georgetown inadvertently made its way onto there. Time to fix that...
@Jalby has said he has no problem with the school itself, just the admissions department.Georgetown is an excellent medical school. Don't let anyone discourage you from applying solely based on their opinion of the institution.
Naw. He has better things to do with his time.Is @Jalby still active on SDN?
Naw. He has better things to do with his time.
Well that's unfortunate....
I can think of a vowel and a consonant that can be removed from that statement.Well that's unfortunate....
I can think of a vowel and a consonant that can be removed from that statement.
Agreed, but not many people know what "fornate" means, much less "unfornate".
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was reminded of this thread when GT sent me a somewhat condescending rejection letter a few months back. Pricks.
I can still remember the dean of admissions telling me "We are Georgetown university. We don't have to make accommodations for people." And he said Georgetown how people jokingly say Haaaaaaarvard.
What I love is that ANYONE who applies to Georgetown's medical school from now on will see this thread for eternity.
"Georgetown's law school has a great reputation.
Georgetown's medical school is known for having a financially devastated hospital and is academically bankrupt. They've lost so many of the leaders they once had in several fields. The medical center has been on a serious downward spiral for a good 4 or 5 years now."
This information was true about 9-10 years ago. Since then the medical school has stabilized and is actually a great place to train. I LOVE DC and the area that the medical school campus is in is amazing. I would actually highly recommend applying to GT if you are from the northeast and really would like to be there.
But if it is a middle tier school or back up school choice, there are plenty of better ways to throw away your money.
This information was true about 9-10 years ago. Since then the medical school has stabilized and is actually a great place to train. I LOVE DC and the area that the medical school campus is in is amazing. I would actually highly recommend applying to GT if you are from the northeast and really would like to be there.
But if it is a middle tier school or back up school choice, there are plenty of better ways to throw away your money.
My mind has officially been blown. 😳
HAHAHAHAHAHA This is officially the most hilarious necro-thread ever.
This information was true about 9-10 years ago. Since then the medical school has stabilized and is actually a great place to train. I LOVE DC and the area that the medical school campus is in is amazing. I would actually highly recommend applying to GT if you are from the northeast and really would like to be there.
But if it is a middle tier school or back up school choice, there are plenty of better ways to throw away your money.
i don't know who to believe, presentday jalby or the original jalby
The same people who ran the admissions department back then are still there. So everything I say about them is still accurate. I wonder how much their treating me like **** has cost them in admissions fees over the decade.i don't know who to believe, presentday jalby or the original jalby
As far as the school and medical complex itself, a lot can change in 13 years.
Well. Unfortunately they are understaffed, so the few med admissions staff they have are a bit ill-tempered. Dental and Pharm are not.
The receptionist is not proficient in English. And her supervisor is extremely unhelpful, rude and almost combative.
Thank you,
This guy was actually the first to bring this tread back from the dead, after 5 years of being buried.
Let us have a moment of silence for Julian, who is no longer with us except in spirit. He graduated last year from Texas A&M so is probably finishing his intern year now.
YOu can set a google alert to remind you to do that.
I hope to find this thread necrobumped in another 4 years. Oh what memories this will bring as I prepare to graduate med school....
And with my 5,000th post I will bump this up. This is the last time I will ever bring up this thread. I now pass it unto you guys.
I wrote this post 13 years ago (almost to the day) right after getting off the phone with Georgetown. The director of admissions had just said to me "We are Georgetown University. We don't have to make exceptions for people like you. We have hundreds of people who will take your spot."
I still to this day can hear the tone in his voice. I was hoping to maybe bump it up a year later and get 5-10 people not to apply. Get maybe $1,000 in lost application fees from them. Little did I know how successful this thread would be. I had actually left it for dead after my one year bump. Only when someone else happened to bump it up 3 years later did I realize what I had.
And you know, I probably would have let it die years ago, if it wasn't for the fact the same people are running the admissions department now. Sullivan, I think.
Anyways, it's been real, but it is time for me to move on. I'll still check this every once in a while, but no more me bringing it up.
I wrote this post 13 years ago (almost to the day) right after getting off the phone with Georgetown. The director of admissions had just said to me "We are Georgetown University. We don't have to make exceptions for people like you. We have hundreds of people who will take your spot."
I still to this day can hear the tone in his voice. I was hoping to maybe bump it up a year later and get 5-10 people not to apply. Get maybe $1,000 in lost application fees from them. Little did I know how successful this thread would be. I had actually left it for dead after my one year bump. Only when someone else happened to bump it up 3 years later did I realize what I had.
And you know, I probably would have let it die years ago, if it wasn't for the fact the same people are running the admissions department now. Sullivan, I think.
Anyways, it's been real, but it is time for me to move on. I'll still check this every once in a while, but no more me bringing it up.
.
Last edited:
I wait for the day of sweet revenge, where @Jalby is in a position to donate money, and when the school asks him, his sweet, sweet response will be, "I am @Jalby, I don't need to give you money. There are hundreds of other schools who will take my money. Payback's a b####! Yeah!" *jumps on table and starts playing air guitar*
I wait for the day of sweet revenge, where @Jalby is in a position to donate money, and when the school asks him, his sweet, sweet response will be, "I am @Jalby, I don't need to give you money. There are hundreds of other schools who will take my money. Payback's a b####! Yeah!" *jumps on table and starts playing air guitar*
You have a very active imagination. It's good to retain it.
I wrote this post 13 years ago (almost to the day) right after getting off the phone with Georgetown. The director of admissions had just said to me "We are Georgetown University. We don't have to make exceptions for people like you. We have hundreds of people who will take your spot."
Wow, absolutely wow. Georgetown University School of Medicine should be absolutely ashamed of themselves for treating prospective medical students like this. With all due respect, their medical school is overpriced as most of that is capitalizing on their undergraduate institution - as an aside, their law school is very top-notch. I can't believe these people are the ones to teach medical students professionalism.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Bad vibe schools:
GWU <--The worst vibe.
VCU
NYMC
Good vibe schools:
EVMS
UofA Phx
Mixed:
UVA - One time awesome. One time ****ty.
The rest of mine are either neutral or no contact to base my experience on.
VCU -- the worst school in Virginia so far (I'm sure they might be beaten by the College of Henricopolis School of Medicine)
NYMC -- the worst school in New York -- that's why they need 8 weeks to prepare for the boards and they need so much outside professional board prep.
VCU -- the worst school in Virginia so far (I'm sure they might be beaten by the College of Henricopolis School of Medicine)
NYMC -- the worst school in New York -- that's why they need 8 weeks to prepare for the boards and they need so much outside professional board prep.
I guess the quality of their admissions staff reflect the quality of education they provide. I've had quite a few friends with negative experience with GWU. I'd be interested to hear how other people view other institutions based on their interaction.
Well she does have a Masters in Education in Higher Education-Curriculum/Instruction and a Ph.D., Business / Management from an online accredited university, after all. Funny how she hasn't moved up the academic Ivory tower ladder.And you know, I probably would have let it die years ago, if it wasn't for the fact the same people are running the admissions department now. Sullivan, I think.
Wow, so financially not worth it:
I can't believe this is still going...
You don't f- with @Jalby or there will be consequences. I'm right now wondering where I was and what I was doing on Oct 9, 2001.I can't believe this is still going...
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 1K
E
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 1K
E
E
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 408
E
H
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 769
H
