Wow. Okay, I've done it. I've actually done it.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ausrural

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So ... its 1181 words instead of 500. But at least I have something to work with now. Its completely rough and unpolished. There is at least one paragraph that needs to be completely re-worked, and the conclusion needs one or two more lines to properly wrap it up. But I think its safe to say I officially have draft one of my personal statement :D and I'm rather happy with it. A productive sunday afternoon/evening/night.

Time to have a bourban to celebrate!! YAY!!

Members don't see this ad.

:laugh:

Congratulations! I always think getting through the first draft is the hardest part of an essay. Good luck with the rest :)

Writing personal statements is a tough job - Congratulations!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! I was up till 4 this morning finishing my rough draft and have sent it to approximately 20 people already for feedback. I've also started a Word document which lists every person I sent it to and (if they've responded already) their feedback and comments. Hopefully that will help me to stay organized and see what suggestions multiple people are making, etc. Good luck revising and finalizing your statement!

good idea with making a list of who you sent it to/what they said...might steal your idea on that one...

Good for you! Once you see your first draft (even if it is 3-4 times the asking limit) it feels so darn good! I've already sent mine away but if you are looking for someone to look over your PS, feel free to send it to me!
Good luck!