WSU c/o 2023 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone hear anything OOS?
School was cancelled today all nonessential personnel are home (all the admission people). May also be cancelled tomorrow sorry guys! You can thank the 1.5ft+ of snow.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if campus was also closed today?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! Getting very anxious over here lol
I feel like someone said decisions would be sent out about 2-3 weeks after interviews (although I could be wrong), and 2 weeks from the last OOS interview would be this Friday. We might have a little more time to wait!

Reactions: 1 users
I feel like someone said decisions would be sent out about 2-3 weeks after interviews (although I could be wrong), and 2 weeks from the last OOS interview would be this Friday. We might have a little more time to wait!
Yeah I called last week and she said two weeks after the last OOS interview, so this Friday. Ahh!!

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks! Getting very anxious over here lol

Yeah it’s probably going to be a little longer still :(

Sorry guys! Hang tight. They try to get decisions out as quickly as they can :)

ACCEPTED OOS to pullman!!! Just got the call five/ten mins ago!!

30-rock-jack-mcbrayer-kenneth-the-page-O6uh3ieapt34k

Reactions: 4 users
OOS acceptance call just came in!!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do they only make calls one day? Just curious...and anxious
But congrats to those who have heard!!!

Reactions: 3 users
OOS accepted to the Logan campus via email an hour ago! I will be declining my spot, for anyone who is on the waitlist

is there any negative connotation to those attending the logan campus for the first two years compared to those going the full 4 years at wsu?

is there any negative connotation to those attending the logan campus for the first two years compared to those going the full 4 years at wsu?

Not any that I know of or have heard. The Utah students are in the WSU program and are held to the same standards. And in the end we all graduate from WSU. Integrating in might be a little odd, but it’s probably fine. I haven’t talked to any of the third years to see what it was like having 30 new faces in the class. Personally I would think moving states halfway through vet school would suck and haveing to learn campus and town, no thanks. But to each there own.

Not any that I know of or have heard. The Utah student are this in the WSU program and are held to the same standards. And in the end we all graduate from WSU. Integrating in might be a little odd, but it’s probably fine. I haven’t talked to any of the third years to see what it was like having 30 new faces in the class. Personally I would think moving states halfway through vet school would suck and haveing to learn campus and town, no thanks. But to each there own.
Lol dude shouldn't we be paying attention to immuno :p

Just to kind of add on to Peaches our class is super great and I really think it's kind of class dependent on how well classes integrate @Caiter92 can answer this more. Like our class is doing a sibling program within our class for our distance people to help them with housing etc. UT integration isn't the first go around either remember we get MT students in year 2 and then UT students in year 3. Everyone is held to the same standards and personally some of the UT kids get super cool opportunities that we dont-but it's just a difference in available opportunities. Like our class on our FB page we all help each other out when posting questions etc. Before moving to Pullman the UT people come at COLE before classes begin, then for diagnostic challenges in year 2 they integrate us for one exercise. Then you come in year 3. Once you start here you are part of the WIMU family regardless of if you are at Logan or when you are here in Pullman. As far as negative connotation definately would say NO. Are there some growing pains with integrating sure, but at least our class is trying to do everything to make it go as smoothly as possible to help everyone and make great veterinarians. Plus if you ever have any problems the faculty, staff, counselors, administration are always here to help you out.

There is not. The Logan campus students have just as rigorous of a curriculum as Pullman and MT. The only difference between the curriculums is Logan has comparative anatomy and Pullman has SA and LA seperate. We all take the same exams 2nd year, and first year I think they’re the same too.

Intergration was fine with my class. It felt like it was a little slower with the MT students second year, just cause they had all been so close. All campuses are together at COLE in August, and then Logan students come up for a week during second year fall as well. My class did welcome BBQs for when MT and Logan joined. I think that helped a lot.

With 2019 and to a lesser extent 2018, I heard there was some animosity initially, but it didn’t last. I didn’t feel like there was any with my class.

And I agree with Mixy that the class culture really varies. My class has always been super supportive of each other and welcoming, but the class above us isn’t as much. Honestly I think seeing that really pushed our class to make sure we weren’t like that. 2021 is really welcoming as well.

Last edited:
For those attending WSU currently. What are the opportunities for exotic/wildlife medicine? Both Pullman and Logan campus. Feel free to message me! Thank you in advance!!!

Will they send out everything through snail mail and not email?

I think IS people got notifications of alternates and rejection through snail mail, so I was curious if any OOS did yet!

So does that mean it’s game over for everyone else? It doesn’t seem like many people have gotten the call yet?!

So does that mean it’s game over for everyone else? It doesn’t seem like many people have gotten the call yet?!
They do only accept 25 OOS, so in comparison to other schools it’ll seem pretty small! But still, it’s not over until it’s officially over:happy:

Yeah, I'm OOS* and haven't heard anything at all... Anyone else in the same boat?

Last edited:
All wait list and rejections go out via snail mail. We've had some really bad weather and I've had packages delayed a few days, so I imagine mail is being delayed as well. They usually mail out letters the same day as acceptances, so they probably weren't mailed before Tuesday. It takes two days for mail to just get from this side of the state to Seattle, so it's likely going to take a few more days for letters to start to arrive.

Does anyone know about how much the OOS wait list moves/ if they will rank at any point? Any info appreciated :)

Does anyone know about how much the OOS wait list moves/ if they will rank at any point? Any info appreciated :)
They do no release rank for waitlists unfortunately.

How much it moves depends on the year. I’m not sure how many people they wait list of the general OOS applicants, but there’s only 15ish spots (the other OOS spots tend to have a WICHE preference if you look at their stats), so the list moves less than other schools :/

Last edited:
I’ve heard it doesn’t move a ton, I’m IS on the waitlist

Unless something has changed this year, they don’t really rank their IS wait list. I was told f a spot opens up, the committee reviews the waitlist applicants and picks one that is similar to the applicant that declined (SA if person was SA focused, etc) to try to keep the class balanced :)
I heard that there is a ranked system, Dr. Talcott told me this personally during a file revoew but she just won't give out any rank numbers to applicants!

I had a file review with Dr. Talcott for being OOS waitlisted and she said we all have a rank but she will not give out rank numbers to applicants.

I got OOS waitlisted, hoping for an acceptance sometime soon:( Does anyone know how much the OOS waitlist moves? Especially if you have a preference for Pullman but still put down both Pullman and Logan anyway?

Wednesday, I think?
First years are in an exam block right now, so whoever is the admin for the page right now probably isn’t checking fb much. They should approve you whenever they get on! Hopefully it’s soon :)

Hey I’ll be in this class. I’m wondering what you guys know about housing? It seemed like students on the panel they had during interviews said that it was easy to get a trailer from fourth years who sell theirs. Does that happen? And when? And what is an average price for these trailers? Not sure if there is a better place for these questions. Trying to figure out the best option for me :)

Hey I’ll be in this class. I’m wondering what you guys know about housing? It seemed like students on the panel they had during interviews said that it was easy to get a trailer from fourth years who sell theirs. Does that happen? And when? And what is an average price for these trailers? Not sure if there is a better place for these questions. Trying to figure out the best option for me :)
Yes it's a thing. Have you gotten the housing packet? They have alot. Price varies. The really nice ones are usually around 50k the less nice ones are like 25k. Then you have lot rent but it's a great turn around. Most 4th years wanna try and be out the week after graduation. I know theres a fully furnished one for like 65k I think. You can PM me and I can send you the housing packet link. It also has other options like houses with roomates

Yes it's a thing. Have you gotten the housing packet? They have alot. Price varies. The really nice ones are usually around 50k the less nice ones are like 25k. Then you have lot rent but it's a great turn around. Most 4th years wanna try and be out the week after graduation. I know theres a fully furnished one for like 65k I think. You can PM me and I can send you the housing packet link. It also has other options like houses with roomates
Oooo I would also be interested in knowing more about housing too! Ive been trying to looking for housing/apartments in the area and have been struggling to determine what I want/where I want to live.

Oooo I would also be interested in knowing more about housing too! Ive been trying to looking for housing/apartments in the area and have been struggling to determine what I want/where I want to live.
Please PM me and I can get you a link later this week. I'm at conference so if i dont get back to you by Friday afternoon send me a friendly reminder.