WSU c/o 2023 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I actually just called. They have finished deliberations and are just waiting on a final list. Should be hearing by mail/email next week!
Did they say when next week by chance?

Members don't see this ad.

I’m getting to Pullman Airport at 12:30 am on Thurs. any recs on taxis if there’s no Lyft anyone also flying from Seattle??

Members don't see this ad :)
The marriot courtyard/residence inn near campus has a free shuttle

I’m getting to Pullman Airport at 12:30 am on Thurs. any recs on taxis if there’s no Lyft anyone also flying from Seattle??
I’m gonna warn ya about the weather: I was supposed to fly out of here at 5 AM today but the plane couldn’t get in at 12:30 last night due to fog, so I’m currently looking at not leaving until 2:30 and not getting home until ~12 hours later than expected. Everything may work fine for you, but I just wanted to give you (and everyone) a heads up! Alaska was super great at rescheduling me so we’ll see what happens hahaha

Reactions: 1 user
I’m gonna warn ya about the weather: I was supposed to fly out of here at 5 AM today but the plane couldn’t get in at 12:30 last night due to fog, so I’m currently looking at not leaving until 2:30 and not getting home until ~12 hours later than expected. Everything may work fine for you, but I just wanted to give you (and everyone) a heads up! Alaska was super great at rescheduling me so we’ll see what happens hahaha

Flying out of Spokane today to head home - so far everything seems to be running a-ok up here! I did get a flight cancelled, but it was landing in Chicago :rolleyes:

Yup my original flight to Pullman got canceled so I had to find ways to reschedule and all but it’s all good because I safely made it here!

Flying out of Spokane today to head home - so far everything seems to be running a-ok up here! I did get a flight cancelled, but it was landing in Chicago :rolleyes:
I was going to see if I could switch my flight and fly out of Spokane instead, but every connection landed in the Midwest where I know there’s flight cancellations hahaha so I’m just waiting this one out!

I just got a call from Dr. Talcott!!!
Washington resident WIMU acceptance!

Reactions: 11 users
Does that mean not to the Pullman campus???
It is for the Pullman campus. I just specified that I'm a Washington resident as part of the WIMU acceptances pool. Dr. Talcott specifically said as a WIMU spot. So I think that just from the WIMU interviewee's.

EDIT: Also, if it helps, my last name starts with an A. So I might have been one of the first calls if they are doing it alphabetically.

Members don't see this ad :)
It is for the Pullman campus. I just specified that I'm a Washington resident as part of the WIMU acceptances pool. Dr. Talcott specifically said as a WIMU spot. So I think that just from the WIMU interviewee's.

EDIT: Also, if it helps, my last name starts with an A. So I might have been one of the first calls if they are doing it alphabetically.
Did your portal update?

Did your portal update?

I just checked and I see nothing in my supplemental application portal thing. Dr. Talcott did say that they will be putting the accepted packet into the mail today. So my parents will probably receive it on Wednesday or tomorrow, depending on how fast mail moves from eastern WA to western WA.

So happy for you!!
giphy.gif

Congrats guys!

The real name of the program is WIMU, since we have campuses in WA, MT and UT :)

AHHHHH ACCEPTED IN STATE!! I got the call while I was at work around 11:30am from Dr. Talcott and I was waaaaay too pumped to check in patients for their exams for the rest of the day lol

Reactions: 7 users

IS ACCEPTED!!!

AHHHHH ACCEPTED IN STATE!! I got the call while I was at work around 11:30am from Dr. Talcott and I was waaaaay too pumped to check in patients for their exams for the rest of the day lol
Assuming you all decide to come here I look foward to meeting you all in 6 months at COLE! Also if you need anything/have questions feel free to pm me :biglove:

PS that goes for anyone accepted and coming to WSU. We are excited to have you!

Reactions: 3 users
Hey has anyone applying from out of state heard back yet. I have a friend who interviewed on Feb 1st.

I am IS and still waiting to hear. Which I am assuming is probably not the best sign.
Yeah.... I don’t know. Hopefully I don’t get a rejection in the mail. It makes me so nervous.

Did they tell you a number?
Unless something has changed this year, they don’t really rank their IS wait list. I was told f a spot opens up, the committee reviews the waitlist applicants and picks one that is similar to the applicant that declined (SA if person was SA focused, etc) to try to keep the class balanced :)

Does anyone know if WSU’s IS waitlist moves at all? I haven’t been hearing positive things about it :/

Does anyone know if WSU’s IS waitlist moves at all? I haven’t been hearing positive things about it :/
I was on the IS waitlist last year from the Idaho pool and it didn't move. I reapplied, retook a class and worked on my application and luckily got in this year.

I was waitlisted at WSU and two other schools and didn't get called off
BUT I feel that I've matured since then, amd what I want this year is different than last year. I think in the end it was a blessing.