WSU-CVM- Applications C/O 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes the portal updated with a message about my acceptance the same time I got my email

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi! Congratulations! I have been seeing a lot of people commenting on their portal being updated...I don't think I have accessed my student portal yet, and I'm having a hard time finding it on the school's website...do you know where I would find the login for the portal?? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! Congratulations! I have been seeing a lot of people commenting on their portal being updated...I don't think I have accessed my student portal yet, and I'm having a hard time finding it on the school's website...do you know where I would find the login for the portal?? Thanks!
It's your application portal

And to everyone who doesn't hear anything today: hugs, I know it sucks. :( You are still awesome even if you don't get an acceptance this time around. :love: Hang in there!

Reactions: 1 users
Have any WICHE people who interviewed heard anything?

Members don't see this ad :)
No idea. It makes me wonder how many IS applicants interviewed this year, may have been fewer than usual
They usually interview around 90 IS. Last year it took them awhile, but most years IS hears back about a week later :)

Mine too but I didn't even get an interview last year :/ lol, we'd totally be friends if we were both at Wsu.

I hate the vet school application process. Just putting that out there.
Right? Like how many years of my life am I going to spend in this limbo-phase...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What if we all join together and start a vet school in Hawaii? If we own it, they'd have to let us in
Literally my back-up plan is to move to Hawaii and just sit on the beach for a few years. This might be an inappropriate use of the word "literally"

Reactions: 2 users
I may or may not check the Craigslist "jobs" section for the state of Hawaii on a routine basis...

Reactions: 3 users
Not to instill false hope, but I heard from a student that it took a couple days to make all the offers last year. But they were also doing it by phone, so who knows ‍♀️

Not to instill false hope, but I heard from a student that it took a couple days to make all the offers last year. But they were also doing it by phone, so who knows ‍♀️
It seems like they did a mass BCC email this morning because everyone got it at the same time. But I do like hope

Congrats on those who got admitted into this great school!! :horns: Has anyone who didn't get an email received any mail yet?

How many years in a row can you ask the same people for LOR's before they decide you're a waste of their time? Asking for a friend.

How many years in a row can you ask the same people for LOR's before they decide you're a waste of their time? Asking for a friend.
At that point might be good to get different LORS anyways, just in case they aren't doing anything exceptional for your app.

Are you planning to have the exact same people write all your letters? I would recommend you find different people (or just more if you only had 3) so the committees can get a new picture of you as an applicant. Obviously this isn't possible for some of them like if you only work with one vet, but I think it would be worth having some fresh perspectives on your application!

This is my second year applying and I asked the same three people from last year (one DVM, one DVM/PhD, one PhD) and I asked a forth person for this cycle who is a PhD candidate, so I had four letters this year.

Are you planning to have the exact same people write all your letters? I would recommend you find different people (or just more if you only had 3) so the committees can get a new picture of you as an applicant. Obviously this isn't possible for some of them like if you only work with one vet, but I think it would be worth having some fresh perspectives on your application!
I'm confident they've written me strong letters and I have had a few different people both years, I'm more-so worried about annoying them. Probably a dumb fear but the professor who wrote my academic letter retired and he's the only professor I had a personal relationship with. Ugh, lots of thinking to do...

I'm confident they've written me strong letters and I have had a few different people both years, I'm more-so worried about annoying them. Probably a dumb fear but the professor who wrote my academic letter retired and he's the only professor I had a personal relationship with. Ugh, lots of thinking to do...
Did you do the file review last year? I’m not sure if they’ll be able to tell you something so specific, but you could ask if your letters in any way hindered you.

I think if you have a good relationship with them it's not annoying at all! I would even say you should ask them given your situation if they can offer any advice on things you could improve during the year while you wait for the next cycle. They may not be able to give vet school specific answers, but they are still professionals in their fields with insights as to what makes a good applicant in general, a good learner, a good worker, and all that.
But I agree with @Caiter92 that a file review would be smart!

Day 3.... no word/mail on my status. I’m gonna be out of town the next 5 days so I won’t be able to check my mail. Does anyone know if the portal updates for waitlist or rejections?

Day 3.... no word/mail on my status. I’m gonna be out of town the next 5 days so I won’t be able to check my mail. Does anyone know if the portal updates for waitlist or rejections?
Received my waitlist letter this afternoon. My portal hasn't updated as of this evening.
If you'd like I can keep checking the portal and let you know if/when it changes.

In past years portals have not changed for waitlist or rejections unfortunately.

Received my waitlist letter this afternoon. My portal hasn't updated as of this evening.
If you'd like I can keep checking the portal and let you know if/when it changes.
Where are you located?

Thank you! I'll keep checking as well to let you know :)

Waitlisted for WSU. Fingers crossed a spot opens up. :luck:

@Carter92 is the housing packet something they mail to you or is it also obtainable via email? Looking to hopefully come up in a month. Places to stay away from?

Finally got my waitlist letter (OOS). Congrats everyone who got in!

@Carter92 is the housing packet something they mail to you or is it also obtainable via email? Looking to hopefully come up in a month. Places to stay away from?
It’s something they should email you soon! Once you have a vetmed email you’ll get it when they send it out to the whole school.

I rent from Apartment Rentals Inc and I’ve been happy with them. Cheaper pet friendly place as well. Dabco is decent but expensive, and I’ve heard some people have problems getting deposits back. Avoid DCA. I’ve heard some of their properties aren’t well maintained, and there are a lot of issues getting things fixed. Helene’s is another big one most people seem happy with.

It’s something they should email you soon! Once you have a vetmed email you’ll get it when they send it out to the whole school.

I rent from Apartment Rentals Inc and I’ve been happy with them. Cheaper pet friendly place as well. Dabco is decent but expensive, and I’ve heard some people have problems getting deposits back. Avoid DCA. I’ve heard some of their properties aren’t well maintained, and there are a lot of issues getting things fixed. Helene’s is another big one most people seem happy with.
Thanks! My friend said housing is kind of crazy if you don't look/get one early so I'd rather be proactive than reactive!

Thanks! My friend said housing is kind of crazy if you don't look/get one early so I'd rather be proactive than reactive!
I think if you rent by mid-March you’ll be okay. Pre-leasing starts around now to early March. I rented mine in Feb and there weren’t many listing yet.

Have you accepted your spot here? They’ve been sending out the packet often so you should get it pretty soon if you have set up an email.

Does anybody have a good idea of how the waitlist moves for WSU? I've heard that in past years not many get pulled off the waitlist but wondering if anyone may have a better idea