WSU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prevetdecisions

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I need some advice. I'm trying to decide if I should go out for my WSU interview. I've been accepted at CSU and Tufts, and it would be a bit of a trek to get there, but I don't want to cross it off my list without being sure. Any current WSU students on here? Why did you choose to go to WSU? What's the general consensus on WSU vs CSU (in terms of experience at the school and getting matched for internships/residencies)?

If I had to pick right now, I'd say I'll probably be small animal, although I don't know if I want to do GP or an internship/residency and then specialize.

As a side note, is there anywhere that has stats of internship/matching percentages at the various vet schools? It seems like all the schools say that a high percentage of their students get matched, so I'm finding it really hard to differentiate between vet schools in that category. Thanks for all your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

I need some advice. I'm trying to decide if I should go out for my WSU interview. I've been accepted at CSU and Tufts, and it would be a bit of a trek to get there, but I don't want to cross it off my list without being sure. Any current WSU students on here? Why did you choose to go to WSU? What's the general consensus on WSU vs CSU (in terms of experience at the school and getting matched for internships/residencies)?

If I had to pick right now, I'd say I'll probably be small animal, although I don't know if I want to do GP or an internship/residency and then specialize.

As a side note, is there anywhere that has stats of internship/matching percentages at the various vet schools? It seems like all the schools say that a high percentage of their students get matched, so I'm finding it really hard to differentiate between vet schools in that category. Thanks for all your help!

Look under WSU c/o 2018 thread. You will find a lot of pre-vet as well as vet students at WSU.

Hey guys,

I know that all these schools are going to be great at small animal, because lets face it, that is where the money is for veterinarians. Every one of these schools has a great small animal teaching hospital. I know tufts specializes in wildlife, if you are interested in that, but other than that I don't think there is a huge difference in the quality of the programs. They are all really good schools. TBH I would go where it is cheapest. I know CSU has a killer OOS tuition, and I think that WSU is cheaper as an OOS and I don't know where Tufts ends up in that mix. You are going to get residences based on Vet school grades. THATS what matters more than the school you go to as far as getting residencies. Plus I don't know where your IS is, but if you are in one of those states, I would go there.

I know that all these schools are going to be great at small animal, because lets face it, that is where the money is for veterinarians. Every one of these schools has a great small animal teaching hospital. I know tufts specializes in wildlife, if you are interested in that, but other than that I don't think there is a huge difference in the quality of the programs. They are all really good schools. TBH I would go where it is cheapest. I know CSU has a killer OOS tuition, and I think that WSU is cheaper as an OOS and I don't know where Tufts ends up in that mix. You are going to get residences based on Vet school grades. THATS what matters more than the school you go to as far as getting residencies. Plus I don't know where your IS is, but if you are in one of those states, I would go there.

+1. Go where you'll save money. You might not care about it now, but it'll help when you want to try and budget house payments or buy a car. Less debt = a happier future you!

And ditto on the grades. A school name is NOT going to get you a residency. You'll need good rank/grades/recommendations. Going to one school over another isn't going to matter for that. Just kick butt wherever you're at.