WVSOM Class of 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I am curious, is anyone coming to WV from Southern California? I am living in Newport Beach and have some things I am wanting to take with me, I got a two bedroom house to fill and am wondering if anyone wants to share a crate??? Or has any other suggestions about how i should bring my things over,....FYI, UHAUL's are out.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey All,

I am currently in the process of obtaining a lease and need one or two roommates. The house is a 3 bedroom 2 bath house on Lee Street which is very close to the school. Rent is 1300 hundred but can be split between either 2 or 3 depending on how many roommates there are. The house is newly renovated and I can send you pictures if you would like. Please send an email to [email protected] if you are intereseted as I would like to get something squared away as soon as possible.

HEY DR.LIZ!!!

I'm from Newport TOO! You won't believe how happy I am to find someone from So. Cal. There are a few of my classmates from CA, but now we have one more person to REPRESENT the O-C! Hahaha, you'll get that a lot when people ask where in CA you're from. Just throw the "OC" out there and you'll get the same "Ohhh" response everytime.

Hey, feel free to msg me or email me ([email protected]) about anything, any questions, we could even meet up if you want.

CONGRATS on getting in to WVSOM, it'll me a nice change from Newport (not to say that Newport isn't great at all)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys,

This is Peter,

Please check your emails, they just sent out peer mentor assignments so try to get in touch with the person you are with.
:luck:

If you guys have any questions about the school I can try to answer it.

HEY DR.LIZ!!!

I'm from Newport TOO! You won't believe how happy I am to find someone from So. Cal. There are a few of my classmates from CA, but now we have one more person to REPRESENT the O-C! Hahaha, you'll get that a lot when people ask where in CA you're from. Just throw the "OC" out there and you'll get the same "Ohhh" response everytime.

Hey, feel free to msg me or email me ([email protected]) about anything, any questions, we could even meet up if you want.

CONGRATS on getting in to WVSOM, it'll me a nice change from Newport (not to say that Newport isn't great at all)

Yes, I know that there are a few people from the UCs who are here.

Your not alone:thumbup:

Is there anyone that has been accepted for the entering class of 07 after initially being put on the alternate list?

I interviewed pretty late in the cycle and after the interview was put on the alternate list. About two weeks later I was offered automatic acceptance to the class of 08 should I not be taken off the list this year.

I know it's pretty close to the start of school, but I'm wondering if I have any chance at being taken off the list this year. Is there a tuition payment deadline coming up or any other reason why a couple of seats might open.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Is there anyone that has been accepted for the entering class of 07 after initially being put on the alternate list?

I interviewed pretty late in the cycle and after the interview was put on the alternate list. About two weeks later I was offered automatic acceptance to the class of 08 should I not be taken off the list this year.

I know it's pretty close to the start of school, but I'm wondering if I have any chance at being taken off the list this year. Is there a tuition payment deadline coming up or any other reason why a couple of seats might open.

The tuition payment for us falls in I think August 10 - 15.

I am afraid I do not know how the how the waiting list functions. I know its sort of is random, since there maybe an out of stater who leaves at the very last moment - or an in stater that enters in the very last moment.

Very hard to say.

Please call up the admissions office. Angie might be able to help you.

Best of wishes!

I just received an email for automatic acceptance for 2008 as well! Hopefully there will be some late movement on the alternate list though.

Hey Congrats Businessman, I know you've been waiting and writing on here for a while and it's good to see that you finally got in. Whether it was this fall or next fall too me that doesn't matter....the only thing that matters is that you GOT IN!!! Again congrats!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Hi WVSOM students. I have a question that Im sure will sound dumb, but who cares right? Well I have an interview at WVSOM in september but I have no clue as to where would be the best place to fly in at and to stay the night. Help please !?

I don't know about flying, but the General Lewis Inn is great. It is an old style B&B and if you mention your interview at WVSOM they will probably give you a discount.

The breakfast is great and that is where I also went for lunch before my interview.

If you stay there walk around the B&B because it has a lot of really awesome antiques.

Hey Congrats Businessman, I know you've been waiting and writing on here for a while and it's good to see that you finally got in. Whether it was this fall or next fall too me that doesn't matter....the only thing that matters is that you GOT IN!!! Again congrats!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks!!! I am excited either way.

Congrats businessman! I'm excited either way myself. I heard that the alternate lists were drawn from the last two years. We'll keep our fingers crossed for some late movement.

I just received an email for automatic acceptance for 2008 as well! Hopefully there will be some late movement on the alternate list though.

Hi WVSOM students. I have a question that Im sure will sound dumb, but who cares right? Well I have an interview at WVSOM in september but I have no clue as to where would be the best place to fly in at and to stay the night. Help please !?

you can fly into charleston, wv or roanoke, va. they are both about 1.5-2 hr drive away. charleston is a bit closer. there is also a smaller airport in lewisburg which i think is called greenbrier county airport...? something like that. it is about 10 minutes from the school.

you can also fly into Beckley, wv. prices are usually pretty comparable to Charleston but Beckley is only 45 minutes away.

Congrats businessman! I'm so glad that you don't have to go through the application cycle again -though I would love to have you at DCOM!

:luck: Good luck on your journey :luck:

Congrats businessman! I'm excited either way myself. I heard that the alternate lists were drawn from the last two years. We'll keep our fingers crossed for some late movement.

Sounds good! Congrats to you too!

Congrats businessman! I'm so glad that you don't have to go through the application cycle again -though I would love to have you at DCOM!

:luck: Good luck on your journey :luck:

Thanks!! Goodk luck to you too!!!

For all those that are starting for the class of 2011, congratulations to you all! I have an interview at WVSOM on September 5th, which I am sincerely excited for. I am writing on this forum to ask if any of you remember how your interview went. I believe 3 people conduct the interview, do they do it all at once? What were the questions like? How did you feel afterwards? Did they smile, were they friendly, did they ask any tricky questions? Please give me any advice whatsoever because I sincerely want to rock this interview and succeed! Thanks again!

hey Susan, I can't give you specifics on the interview because I never had one, but I'm trying to put of studying for a few more minutes at 12:30 this lovely Saturday night, so I'll help as much as I can.

From everything everyone has told me about the interviews here, it is the most laid back of any school the interviewed at. Don't sweat it. Everyone down here is great and super friendly. Just be relax and be yourself. That's my best advice. Have a safe trip down here, and maybe I'll see you around campus. Good luck! :D

For all those that are starting for the class of 2011, congratulations to you all! I have an interview at WVSOM on September 5th, which I am sincerely excited for. I am writing on this forum to ask if any of you remember how your interview went. I believe 3 people conduct the interview, do they do it all at once? What were the questions like? How did you feel afterwards? Did they smile, were they friendly, did they ask any tricky questions? Please give me any advice whatsoever because I sincerely want to rock this interview and succeed! Thanks again!

I interviewed there last year and will be attending WVSOM in 2008! I love the School. Everyone is so kind and the interview day really is laid back. You are interviewed by 3 people all at once. I don't remember any tricky questions...they were very friendly. I would recommend going to a PBL group study and a SBL lecture so you know the differences between them. The students I met at WVSOM were more than happy to have me come to class with them. Good luck! I think you will love it

I have also been accepted to WVSOM however, I am waiting to go on two other interviews before I decide.

What made everyone here decide that they wanted to attend WVSOM and what other schools did you have to choose from?

Thanks for your help!