WW in Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I mean, your game, so you can do whatever the hell you want, and I honestly don't much like arguing with mods in thread in the middle of a game. But I can tell you this doesn't make me personally feel like my time was well spent in participating today.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
because Coffee and I had the following PM conversation:

Coffee:
What do you think happened last night? If you were protected but not attacked was someone blocked?

Mel:
Usually the simplest explanation for a no kill night is because of a village block, protection, night cancel, or death avoidance.

My message sounds like I was protected so I don’t think AM was protected.
AM was asking me if I protected her but that would mean that she didn’t have a death avoidance (or else she would know that’s why she didn’t die)
It wasn’t night cancel because it seems like other actions went through.

Which leaves blocking. If a villager had successfully blocked a wolf then there’s only one reason not to say it (to keep from putting a PR) instead I’d look at all the people who made a vote yesterday and then stuck to their guns. I’m mobile at work so I can’t look back easily, but Off the top of my head that means:
MJ voting for me
Me voting for MOOSE.
Genny on Kata (I think?)
I’ll check in when I can but will be back consistently 2 hours from lynch
Quoting this so when I get access to this pm i can verify.

She was subbed out and I haven't seen any discussion about whether YK/WZ is village or wolf

Ah, I got you. I originally had YK as sketchy, but with all of the other activity and general progression of the game I've found Dubz to be less wolfy. Plus there were far more obvious choices imo until jboo got lynched. I've got to go back and look at some things, but I will try and look into YK/Dubz as well before morning.

We believe that Kara is the person burying people

Ever since dpmd was NK'd my thoughts have either been Kara or Mel, though Idk why. I've been leaning more towards Mel once I started thinking the burying was more wolf ability because I've got a more village read on Kara. Idk anymore though, I'm just confused and tired now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ever since dpmd was NK'd my thoughts have either been Kara or Mel, though Idk why. I've been leaning more towards Mel once I started thinking the burying was more wolf ability because I've got a more village read on Kara. Idk anymore though, I'm just confused and tired now.

We have reason to believe it's not Mel.

Edit: To clarify, we have reason to believe it's not Mel burying people. We make no statements about whether he's wolfy vs village.

Reactions: 1 user
I have been watching the thread all day and was very disappointed for everyone involved. I didn't even analyze or have to post and I'm tired. I had a lot of feelings if you can't tell by all these excessive little faces.
+pity+:bullcrap::uhno::boom:

I'm trying to understand how this is even an option on the table:
One mod in particular wanted to let the wolves win

Because we've got 10 players right now. If the wolf win condition is parity, like it usually is, and IF coffee is village, then we have like 4 wolves left.

In a 3-wolf scenario: Killing village coffee would put it at 6 vs. 3, then night kill would make that 5 vs. 3, and burying someone would put it at 4 village to 3 wolves voting tomorrow and make tomorrow lylo. Today wouldn't be game-ending.

In a 4-wolf scenario: Killing village coffee would put it at 5 vs. 4, and a successful night kill would get them to parity.

But that seems like a ridiculous amount of wolves. Or maybe the win condition isn't parity? Or there's something else I'm missing? I just feel really frustrated by the whole situation.

If someone else wants to pick up on doing the lynch trackers feel free, I don't really have the time and it hasn't altogether been that helpful for me. Not offended if no one else wants to do it, just if anyone has a burning desire you won't be stepping on my toes ;)

I'm trying to understand how this is even an option on the table:

Because we've got 10 players right now. If the wolf win condition is parity, like it usually is, and IF coffee is village, then we have like 4 wolves left.

In a 3-wolf scenario: Killing village coffee would put it at 6 vs. 3, then night kill would make that 5 vs. 3, and burying someone would put it at 4 village to 3 wolves voting tomorrow and make tomorrow lylo. Today wouldn't be game-ending.

In a 4-wolf scenario: Killing village coffee would put it at 5 vs. 4, and a successful night kill would get them to parity.

But that seems like a ridiculous amount of wolves. Or maybe the win condition isn't parity? Or there's something else I'm missing? I just feel really frustrated by the whole situation.
I think she's just saying, "Let's just have the wolves win" because they were annoyed with the situation. Regardless of numbers.

Honestly I think it's probably best to just...move on. Pretend today didn't happen except I'm not remaking those arguments :p Bright side is we'll get allie back I guess? Potentially be able to make more informed decisions?

So I posted my thoughts/theories earlier in the post with the spoilers. It's about halfway down page 59 and I don't have too much to add to them at this point. I'm feeling like Coffee really was village. I know that we just wanted to lynch her, and I was actually okay with that because tomorrow could clarify more things, but with the recent events and so many other options on the table, I'd like us to not tunnel on Coffee/Paws (welcome back :hello:). I feel like the next moves for tonight should be that role seer looks into either Kara or Sporty and that Allie should look into either Coffee or Sporty (since they were the two most common candidates). Mel also wouldn't be bad to look into, but he can either be cleared or confirmed wolf immediately with an Allie lynch (I'm 99% sure he is the same affiliation as she is), so less of a priority imo.

So since coffee came back I've been thinking about the whole convert thing. Have there been games where wolves could convert multiple people? Like, they can convert someone every X days or something like that? I just don't feel like we're at a parity lylo, because I feel like it would have been mentioned in a write-up somehow. What other win conditions has there been for wolf packs in past games other than parity?

So since coffee came back I've been thinking about the whole convert thing. Have there been games where wolves could convert multiple people? Like, they can convert someone every X days or something like that? I just don't feel like we're at a parity lylo, because I feel like it would have been mentioned in a write-up somehow. What other win conditions has there been for wolf packs in past games other than parity?
Yes. Multiple converts have definitely been a thing, and even a conversion every set number of days has been a thing.

As far as other win conditions, it's almost always parity unless it's a faction game. And here I mean a game where the factions numbers are more evenly split, not just a game with one or two third parties. I can't, off the top of my head, think of a regular game that had a different win condition.

Yes. Multiple converts have definitely been a thing, and even a conversion every set number of days has been a thing.

As far as other win conditions, it's almost always parity unless it's a faction game. And here I mean a game where the factions numbers are more evenly split, not just a game with one or two third parties. I can't, off the top of my head, think of a regular game that had a different win condition.
I was thinking of the WW addicts game - wolves had to kill or get enough villagers addicted to be at parity with unaddicted players.

Members don't see this ad :)
Catching up on thread knowing there's a lot of drama to read through

disaster-gif-7.gif

Catching up and not knowing what to do about all... this

giphy.gif

So if there was a convert every other day that could be 3 additional wolves by now. If we started with 4 wolves, we would have been at Lylo today for the coffee lynch.

I don't think that's the case, because if coffee had voted (at all) she still would have been lynched and we'd be in the same situation anyway. I feel like 3 wolf converts is a lot either way though, so I'm going to just go with Coffee pissed off the mods and move on. There are too many other paranoid theories in my brain right now to worry about stuff other than hunting wolves.

So if there was a convert every other day that could be 3 additional wolves by now. If we started with 4 wolves, we would have been at Lylo today for the coffee lynch.

I don't think that's the case, because if coffee had voted (at all) she still would have been lynched and we'd be in the same situation anyway. I feel like 3 wolf converts is a lot either way though, so I'm going to just go with Coffee pissed off the mods and move on. There are too many other paranoid theories in my brain right now to worry about stuff other than hunting wolves.
I still think it's unlikely total number of wolves would go over 5, that's including converts.

Typically games with converts every x number of days start with low wolf numbers.

Hi all,

I wanted to address a few of the things that happened tonight in the game and discuss a little bit about some of the choices made here. I recognize that this sort of game chat is usually reserved for the end of a game, but in the interest of transparency and in acknowledging a lot of the player frustration I'm hearing both on thread and in PMs, I thought it would be best to get into at least a part of it now.

Confession: I am an absentee mod. I am sure this has been very obvious to all our players throughout this game and there have been frequent stretches where I can't catch up on thread for twelve hours or more at a time. I agreed to help mixy and capri run this game this summer under the mistaken belief that I would have more free time to help run a WW game simply because I was off from school, but I of course didn't recognize at the time how busy I would actually be this summer. As a result I have unfortunately - and unfairly - been forcing mixy and capri to handle a lot of things themselves.

The suggestion to sub paws for coffee was mine. I had been pinged about the situation in a facebook message during my art class tonight, and true to my own form I misread the facebook message. What I thought I had read was that coffee had been in the lead in the lynch, was no longer in the lead, and decided to not vote so she could quit the game by being smited. If I had realized she was in the lead - and staying there - I would have just suggested that she be killed per the lynch.

With that being said, WW games are good learning opportunities for us all, even if we don't always appreciate the mistakes we make along the way. We're hoping to take this in stride and take it as a personal lesson from the annals of WW history, and we're hoping that you all will bear with us. We are very open to your own suggestions and thoughts about the game, things you want to see, or feedback you have - feel free to ping us in PM with any of your thoughts and ideas.

Thanks for your participation and your patience, everyone.

-vmh

Reactions: 9 users
Not too late to just rewind and let the lynch happen. Have everyone redo night actions and extend the night to make sure everyone gets a chance to see the results of the redone lynch. Just a thought

Reactions: 4 users
I was thinking of the WW addicts game - wolves had to kill or get enough villagers addicted to be at parity with unaddicted players.

This was pretty cool actually

Teaching moment for any noobs who are looking to mod going forward:
This is a good example of when you should lock thread. If mods are busy and there needs be a major decision made, it’s OKAY to halt gameplay until all the mods are on the same page. You can verbally or actually lock the thread, have people submit contingency actions, and resume gameplay once all the mods are in agreement.

Reactions: 4 users
Would just like to echo vmh and say on the behalf of Capri and I we didn't know there had been a break down in communication. We do thank vmh for everything she has done considering how unexpectedly busy she is. Sorry all and hope to continue on because we do appreciate you all :)

N7?

In the morning, the tourists still felt suspicious of Coffee?/Paws. They agreed that, even though it was the wrong time of day, they would still have their lynch.
screen_shot_2018-02-28_at_3.49.55_pm.png

@CoffeeQuestionMark/@StayingPositive2017, The US Olympic Training Center, a villager who could look into one player's ability per night.
Although all night actions are in, night will be extended to allow for changes in response to the information in this post. You can help out by submitting "confirmation" that you'd still like to do the action you submitted previously, or by changing your night action if you wish. Night will close when all confirmations are received or at 11am MDT, whichever comes first. Lynch deadline will remain 8pm MDT. (ETA: You may still submit contingency lynch votes if you wish.)

Mt. Elbert
Abandoned

Cortez
6. @Karabiner13
17. @Stagg737
19. @allieh8607
3. @Melchizedek

Springfield
11. @WildZoo
12. @finnickthedog @SkiOtter
14. @SportPonies
22. @SARdoghandler
24. @genny

Dinosaur
Abandoned

Julesburg
Abandoned

Buried somewhere in no man's land

@allieh8607

Bloom Cemetary
6. @WildZoo - vanillager
2. @StayingPositive2017 - Unlynchable Villager

16. @allieh8607 - Chaos
23. @Frozenshades - vanilla neutral
20. @PippyPony - GIF villager
10. @Miranda Senft - Triple Wolf
8. @Mad Jack - Vanillager
15. @dolphin106258 - Friendly Neighbor

5. @SnowshoeDog143 - Unseerable wolf
9. @Lawper - 1x Night Kill Avoidance
18. @katashark - Vigilante
1. @Animal Midwife- village blocker

13. @johnnaboo- post restricting wolf
25. @JaynaAli- vanillager
21. @dpmd- village protector
4. @CoffeeQuestionMark/@StayingPositive2017 - ability seer

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
N7?

In the morning, the tourists still felt suspicious of Coffee?/Paws. They agreed that, even though it was the wrong time of day, they would still have their lynch.
screen_shot_2018-02-28_at_3.49.55_pm.png

@CoffeeQuestionMark/@StayingPositive2017, The US Olympic Training Center, a villager who could look into one player's ability per night.
Although all night actions are in, night will be extended to allow for changes in response to the information in this post. You can help out by submitting "confirmation" that you'd still like to do the action you submitted previously, or by changing your night action if you wish. Night will close when all confirmations are received or at 11am MDT, whichever comes first. Lynch deadline will remain 8pm MDT.

Mt. Elbert
Abandoned

Cortez
6. @Karabiner13
17. @Stagg737
19. @allieh8607
3. @Melchizedek

Springfield
11. @WildZoo
14. @SportPonies
22. @SARdoghandler
24. @genny

Dinosaur
Abandoned

Julesburg
Abandoned

@allieh8607

Bloom Cemetary
6. @WildZoo - vanillager

16. @allieh8607 - Chaos

So just a quick question: This is not the end of N7, does this mean we will get Allie back at the end of N7 since all the burials lasted 1 day or do we not know this?

Welp I bought my tinfoil at the wrong store' clearly a
Better get to eatin those boots lol

Contingency Lynch cheezit

In honor of coffee. Though...I still really want to lynch sporty. And maybe Kara. Idk, wolves had a triple kill, can we have one?

Reactions: 2 users
N7!
How strange that it was early afternoon and the sun was just now rising. I'd say perhaps you'd all been eating too many Colorado-style brownies, but that was just one of you.

The bus traveled along the eastern plains until the winds became too great to continue. It stopped in Limon, and fortunately the buildings helped to lessen the wind and dust that it flung around. This small town about 75 miles from Denver is connected to the state capital via Interstate 70, and has a population less than 2,000. A local Denver news station once did a piece about a closed-captioner who captioned for the show and lived in Limon.
But where was Allie? Usually those that had gone missing were back the following day, but instead, her body was found, her eyes red from the sand used to blind her.
Dinosaur-National-Monument-@coloradojoshphotography-OutThere-Colorado-1024x683.jpg

@allieh8607, Dinosaur National Monument, a villager who could see one player's affiliation per night.
And now @SportPonies seemed to be missing! Could this day get any worse?
It is now Day 8. Lynch will close at 8pm MDT unless the majority of players wish to push it later (at latest, it will be 10pm).

Mt. Elbert
Abandoned

Cortez
6. @Karabiner13
17. @Stagg737
3. @Melchizedek

Springfield
11. @WildZoo
14. @SportPonies
22. @SARdoghandler
24. @genny

Dinosaur
Abandoned

Julesburg
Abandoned

14. @SportPonies

Bloom Cemetary
6. @WildZoo - vanillager

16. @allieh8607 - Chaos

9. @Houstonnn97/@allieh8607 - affiliation seer

Last edited:
tumblr_m9opmlW0OL1qi3hpwo1_500.gif

The mods did. They forgot to bring genny back in the lynch write-up. So to be consistent, everyone was gone for a full cycle. Because guess what, burying does jack **** beyond silence people. Lol at all of you for thinking it was jailing or there was even protection against night kills. I sure wish there had been something else to my ability because silencing people sucks (and I have to use it at minimum EOD, I asked). So as everyone thought there was protection I decided to play to that perception. Worked for a while, until now. They're still supposed to be lynchable but seeing how the write-up handles my ability they are essentially unlynchable because no one is going to chance it

That first point is a really good point....

And that second point is enough for me to switch to Kara to hear some explanation.

Uncontongency lynch Paws
Contingency lynx Kara

Thank you for your vote :) Does anyone want to second this?

dw___silence_will_fall_by_meway-d3erc3r.gif

lynch kara

thank you my queen. Just the second I was looking for ;)

You all seriously need to learn the read the thread :laugh: Who needs a list of abilities handed to them when they are so clearly put out on thread. Only one of you that gets points for subtlety is @genny and well I think I need to thank @CoffeeQuestionMark there as well as for all her other help. Reading the thread and seeing the subtleties there to figure out abilities was helped by you blurting out everyone's inner most secrets. Especially AM and dpmd. You might want to keep things a little closer to your chest next time. @Animal Midwife helped with dolphin though. And @allieh8607, well that one was easy. Hesitant to trust koffee's claim and then having Kata push koffee on what type of seer she was

tumblr_mfndayoeh91qhllu6o1_500.gif