WWintry WWildlife - 6th Annual Noob WW Game

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WildZoo

Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

To appreciate the beauty of a snowflake, it is necessary to stand out in the cold.

❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

giphy.gif

Winter had arrived, covering the landscape in a coating of thick, white snow. The sky was gray, clouds gathering for round two, and the seas receded in the wake of the growing ice flows. Some creatures had already made their pilgrimages south for the winter, others were deep underground, hibernating in their warm dens. But all around, if you looked closely enough, there were creatures who lived for these frozen temperatures, who thrived in the frigid cold. Their breath steamed the air as they looked at each other, unsure who to trust, who to avoid, who to attack. Those pure of heart resisted the urge to turn and run, while those with murder on their minds whispered to each other, forming their secret plots. The snow began to fall again, obscuring their view of each other. A haunting laugh carried in on the wintry air.

Table of Contents
WW Basics
Rules
Nicknames
D1/N1 - Mayor Vote Intro | Tally | Wolfie 4 mayor, Ski dies (sacrifice)
D2 - Tally | Sunbodi gone (vanillager)
N2 - Elk the wolf killed (village tracker)
D3 - Tally | Flushy flushed (vanillager) | Mutts subs for alissa
N3 - Strut in glory, roar loud, stomp and parade until dawn, alissa back in
D4 - Tally | Paradise pummeled (village lover)
N4 - Cubs the penguin killed (village lover) | Elk returns
D5 - Tally | The Tie Lesson
N5 - No one died
D6 - Tally | Snow Leopard cliff dives (wolf converter)
N6 - Fur seal furever gone (village healer)
D7: Tally | Blue footed booby bopped on the head (vanillager)
N7 - No one died
D8 - Tally | killerleaf killed (vanillager)
N8 - Wolfie the puffin drowned (tinkerer)
D9 - Tally | Nontrad the Narwhal lynched (chaotic neutral )
N9 - Roid the Sperm Whale says goodbye (Upgrader)
D10 - Sunshine the Polar Bear sacrificed (Night Cancel)
N10 - No one died
D11 - Tally | Kras the Ermine killed (wolf ability seer)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
WW Basics (Adapted from WW 101)

The game is divided into cycles. Each cycle is divided into a day and a night. During the day is when the players decide who they should "lynch" for that day. You are trying to figure out who the wolves are (hence the name of the game WW=werewolf... by day they act like villagers, but by night they kill). Each of you will cast a vote during the day sessions to lynch someone. When you cast a vote please put your vote in BOLD, for example, lynch kaydubs. If you cannot use bold, put your vote in octothorpes, like so: ######lynch kaydubs######. You can change your vote from one person to another at anytime before the lynch is closed by writing unlynch kaydubs, lynch coop. Whoever has the most votes against them will then be lynched. They will die (usually) and are removed from the game.

We then move to the night cycle. This is when the wolves pick who they are going to kill. Also, many villagers have roles that allow them to do things to help the villagers out. Please reply to your role conversation with your night actions if you have any. To make it easier for us to find your final action, please bold it and indicate the night like this:
N1
Mutilate karabou

There will be a writeup after each day session explaining what happened in the lynch and the role of the persons lynched, and also a writeup after the night session similarly. Sometimes these writeups can give you hints, and sometimes they are just for fun, and sometimes they are designed to mislead you. That's part of the fun :shifty:

Reactions: 2 users
Rules for this game, READ CAREFULLY

Note that these rules must be followed. We will not hesitate to enact punishment for breaking them, up to and including "mod killing", where you are removed from the game.

1. Do not discuss the game outside of this thread and your role (or mentor) PM unless you are specifically allowed to do so by the mods. There are no PMs in this game outside of ones set up by us. You should also avoid discussing game strategy with people in real life.

2. Once you are dead, you are not allowed to strategize on the thread. If you are going to post, you must post in asterisks
like this
Please limit the amount that you post, and limit content to fun comments or cheering for your team. Just as you should be careful with what you post after death, you should also be careful with what posts you like/react to. Use your best judgement, don't like posts with strategy in them. You would be surprised how what you say or like can sway players' thoughts, even if you think it is innocuous. So err on the side of caution. DO NOT DISCUSS THE GAME WITH LIVING PLAYERS.

3. Participate, participate, participate. I am not a mod who tolerates ghosting. We spent time building this game, and by signing up you committed to play it. Submit a lynch vote and a night action (if you have one) every day. If you plan to not use your night action, please let us know so that we can close early when appropriate. Life does happen, so if things get busy let us know and send in contingency votes/actions. To get notifications of posts in this thread, please click the "watch thread" button at the top. This will help you remember that the game is going on! If you get too busy to follow the game, please let us know and we will try to find someone to sub in for you.

4. This is a chance to practice your paraphrasing skills. Direct quoting or copy/pasting of ANY PMs is not allowed. Screenshots are not allowed. Fake copy/pasting, quoting, and screenshots are not allowed either.

5. You may edit posts in this game, but only for small things (clarifying wording/typos). Do not edit lynch votes. Think before you post. Do not delete posts under any circumstances, unless instructed to do so by a mod.

6. Do not discuss or share your night results before the writeup is posted. However, you are free to continue to strategize between lynch close and writeup.

7. This is not technically a rule...but I would enjoy it if you changed your avatar to something wintry-themed, especially if wildlife is involved!

8. GIFS ARE WELCOME BUT SHOULD BE HIDDEN IN SPOILER TAGS. Please respect those who may be playing with limited time, on phones, or with bad connections. If you do not know how to use spoiler tags, ask your mentor or the mods.

Rules for Mentors: Mentors are here to advise you of the mechanics of playing, and to discuss general strategy, but remember you are the ones who are playing. You will learn best from mistakes you make over the course of this game. Do not ask the mentor to tell you exactly what to do. You will notice all mentor messages on the thread will be surrounded by emojis

:shifty::shifty::shifty::shifty::shifty::shifty:
like this
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

That is so you can pick out the mentor messages easily!

If you have questions, please ask either the mods or the mentors, or you can post a question on the thread and one of us will answer.

Final rule: HAVE FUN!
And try to survive ;)

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
Nicknames

Please see this thread lovingly curated by @Lawper for a guide to commonly used nicknames. If you are still confused about who someone is, just ask.

WW Terminology - NOW IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER!
*may be updated with suggestions - manators please offer suggestions in our chat if you have them, so we don't clog up the thread.*

Bandwagon
- A buildup of votes on one player, usually one that quickly reaches the majority of votes

Bus/Bussing - when a wolf backstabs another to gain the trust of the village

Idiot Savant - Also known as "Who are you, STL?" The act of correctly lynching a wolf, but for all the wrong reasons. Logic need not apply.

ISO - Short for "isolate", refers to when you search for a particular player's posts in the thread to read all of them at once. Often used to evaluate a single player at a time based on tone, or check for consistency in their posts.

LyLo - Lynch (correctly) or Lose. This is the point of no return for the village. If anything other than a wolf is lynched during LyLo, village loses the game.

Majority - How some lynches in WW games operate - the vote closes as soon as someone has more than 50% of the total number of possible lynch votes

Meta - Wolf meta. Village meta. Meta meta meta. This simply refers to various aspects of a player's playstyle, through time, in multiple games, and in different roles. You may not see it used as much in this game since many of you are new and do not yet have an established meta.

Mod Flair - refers to artistic/creative license taken by the mods in writeups and individual players results. It is common for players to attempt to determine whether a particular portion of these writings is relevant to the game or simply mods having fun.

NAI - Not Affiliation Indicative. Usually refers to some aspect of a player's play that does not point to whether they are wolf or village. It simply...is.

NK - night kill - a death that occurs at night in the game. Usually refers to the wolf factional kill but can refer to other deaths as well!

Parity - When wolf numbers equal village numbers. This is how wolves win the game.

Plurality - How most lynches in SDN WW games operate - the person who has the most votes when the lynch cycle closes "wins"

Pocket - something mysteriously missing from a lot of women's clothing. Also the act of getting another player to trust you, typically by some form of sneaky emotional manipulation

PR - "Power role" - most often refers to a village role that has an ability (so not vanilla). May also be used to refer to a wolf with an ability.

RNG - Random Number Generator. Refers to the randomization of any part of the game, whether that be role distribution, a random d1 vote, breaking of a tie to determine who gets lynched, or a an ability being used on a random player.

Rojo - One of the great old ones, his name has now the common term used to describe the act of accidentally posting something on the thread that was meant for PM, usually when a wolf posts something that was meant for wolf chat.

Scum - a catchall for the informed minority, usually the murderous ones. Someone the village needs to lynch.

Sheep (verb) - refers to when players echo or follow another player's ideas/reasoning or lynch vote. Usually has a negative connotation.

Sketchy - If you look up sketchy in the dictionary you will see pictures of many of our illustrious manators, along with this modator (depending on who you ask). Synonymous include wolfy, shady, suspect, suspicious, and highly lynchable.

Soft clear - When a player determines that, in their opinion, another player is not a wolf based on interactions, analysis, or whatever else and NOT through trustworthy mod-given information

Tinfoil - crackpot guesses and theories - something that may be posited by a player on thread just in case they are correct, but is often a little nutty.

Tot - Spectator --> Spectatortot --> Tatertot --> tot. These are the people observing the game from the outside, commenting in their own group chat with the mods.

Tunneling - player A continues to go after player B day after day, perhaps in spite of evidence that player B is village

Vanilla - a player with no special abilities. Can refer to a villager - sometimes called a vanillager - or a wolf, who in that case would have no abilities other than killing. Can also refer to a type of game where no special abilities exist.

VCA - Vote Count Analysis - a way of analyzing the game based on previous lynch votes. The goal is to figure out who the wolves (and the villagers!) are based on the progression of previous days' lynches.

Village(r) Code - A terrible way to determine someone's affiliation based on the style/format of their role PM, due to the assumption that wolf PMs will be different from villager PMs. Don't do it.

Waffle - A delicious breakfast food. Also, the act of switching your vote. If lots of votes are switching around the same time, especially towards the end of the day, we call that a wafflefest

Wagon
- simply refers to the collection of lynch votes for a particular player, no matter how many votes there are or how quickly they were placed

WIFOM - Wine in Front of Me, taken from the poison scene in The Princess Bride. The circular reasoning that results from trying to determine the choices of someone who knows their actions would be analyzed. Probably overused.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
The skies have cleared again, and it is time for you all to make a decision. It seemed a little ruthless to discuss killing each other when you just met, so you have a different goal for today. You may not know each other very well, but you must choose someone to lead you through the cloudy days and dark nights ahead.

It is now Day 1. Please elect your mayor.

The mayor election will close at 9am EST (about 17 hours from now). Night 1 will close simultaneously, so please start sending in your night actions. After this first cycle, lynch closes will generally be 9pm EST and night closes will be as soon as all night actions are received.

25 Players Remain
1. @PreciousMoments2024
2. @EngrSC
3. @LizLiz99
4. @Sunshine in a Storm
5. @differentiating
6. @GraduschoolusMaximus
7. @Wolfie<3
8. @SkiOtter
9. @alissa14
10. @Doktor_dud3
11. @MrsDrDr
12. @BigCats
13. @SirHammerlock
14. @Sunbodi
15. @holdthemayo
16. @WonderingStudent
17. @Eriyo
18. @nontradstdnt
19. @AccidentFromFlorida
20. @acanthuroidei
21. @kraskadva
22. @killerleaf
23. @Dr. ForgotToFlush
24. @cubsrule4e
25. @Elkhart

Manators

1. @Animal Midwife
2. @CoffeeQuestionMark
3. @Trilt
4. @mizchiefmanaged
5. @finnickthedog
6. @vetmedhead
7. @Dinashadow
8. @SARdoghandler
9. @StayingPositive2017
10. @Barkley13
11. @genny
12. @capri1722
13. @muttmanager
14. @SportPonies
15. @PippyPony
16. @Ms Procrastinator
17. @mypetmoose
18. @ziggyandjazzy

Your moderators are @kaydubs, @Karabiner13, @Coopah, and myself.

Don't forget to scroll up and see the other opening game posts!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
YOU SHOULD ALL HAVE RECEIVED YOUR ROLE PMS. PLEASE NOTIFY US ASAP IF YOU WERE MISSED.

Manatees, where possible, please keep conversations/discussions with your manators to your manator/manatee PM, rather than your role PM. Wolves, please keep such discussions in your wolf social PM. Please use your role PM for questions to the mods and action submissions. This will allow us to find them more easily. You are also free to entertain the mods in your social PMs as you see fit - just remember to bold the important stuff. We will probably chat with you quite a bit ;)

THE THREAD IS NOW OPEN. TIME TO VOTE!

Reactions: 1 users
I really hope those poor little monkeys are in a hot springs!!

elect killer leaf. Time for her to have some extra responsibility!

Edit to add: Crap... I overlooked the most important rule of this whole thing. If youre the first player to post in a particular game, your first post should actually say "First!!" in it... im such a bad helper :(

You will often have to fight @Animal Midwife for this honor. We can add to her list of nicknames Animal FirstWife if thats not already there.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Hello, how's everyone doing? Has anyone played this game multiple times? :) It's my first time playing this.

Also are most people here from the pre-vet forums?

• Love
Hello, how's everyone doing? Has anyone played this game multiple times? :) It's my first time playing this.

It's my first time too!! I'm excited to learn :)

Members don't see this ad :)

Also are most people here from the pre-vet forums?
Aye on both counts. I’ve played probably 7-8 games here? But it’s been, like, three years since my last one so I am super rusty.

elect killerleaf

@cubsrule4e @Elkhart

Why are you voting for @killerleaf ?

Do you know them outside of this game? :)

Nope! I just know her from a few previous games and thought id give her a chance to do something new. Honestly the very beginnings of these games are still hard for me, and some others have said the same. Its kind of a toss up as to who to vote to lynch the first day, or vote for mayor (not all games have this). So a lot of it is just pick a random player, or wait until youve seen some people interact and make a best guess decision.

Nope! I just know her from a few previous games and thought id give her a chance to do something new. Honestly the very beginnings of these games are still hard for me, and some others have said the same. Its kind of a toss up as to who to vote to lynch the first day, or vote for mayor (not all games have this). So a lot of it is just pick a random player, or wait until youve seen some people interact and make a best guess decision.
Oh neat! :) I thought this was a noob game so I didn't realize some already had experience.

@Elkhart why did you vote for killerleaf?

Oh neat! :) I thought this was a noob game so I didn't realize some already had experience.

@Elkhart why did you vote for killerleaf?

Theres a few of us called "padawans" on that sign up list that have played several games, but I dont think I qualify as one of the "Veterans" or anything. Maybe games-played-wise I do, but definitely not by experience/skill level.

Who wants to be mayor? Anyone want to run for election? Or do we just randomly choose? This is my first time playing.

Hey everybody :hello:
yay new ww game!

Who wants to be mayor? Anyone want to run for election? Or do we just randomly choose? This is my first time playing.
It's a newbie game, so do whatever you want and try it out. If being mayor sounds like fun, then put your name out. Or vote for somebody at random/because they're your friend/because you like their avatar/whatever reason.

Vote count (FYI - we do these periodically to help folks keep track)

killerleaf - cubs, elkhart
acanthuroidei - roidz, sunbodi
bigcats - BCs

Vote me for Mayor — I’ll do you guys right :)

Not sure if I trust someone named Wolfie to be mayor :thinking:

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Vote count

killerleaf - cubs, elkhart
acanthuroidei - roidz, sunbodi
bigcats - BCs
skiotter - Sunny, Hammers
SirHammers - skiotter
Wolfie<3 - wolfie

Why do y'all wanna be mayor? Campaign beyaches!

Well, I think I will follow Sunbodi's vote :)

Elect Acanthuroidei

Last edited:
Just got home from work, and excited for the game!

I think I'll elect SkiOtter.

Mayor Vote Tally

killerleaf (2)- cubs, elkhart
acanthuroidei (3)- roidz, sunbodi, doktor
bigcats (1) - BCs
skiotter (3) - Sunny, Hammers, different
SirHammers (1)- skiotter
Wolfie<3 (1) - wolfie

11/25 voting

• Love
Vote BigCats

because I like cats :cat:

• Love
Cats are the best!! And a noob game needs a noob mayor- boo all of you oldies with actual experience :p

Hmm I like your thinking :unsure: I also like cats...

Vote BigCats

• Love
Is there a sunny and a sunbodi? All the nicknames are so confusing.