WWintry WWildlife - 6th Annual Noob WW Game

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
From what nontrad said I would not lynch them tonight and save that for tomorrow since we want to find a wolf.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Great Scott! I think you all know what that means! I would advise against lynching our colleague Nontrad tonight!

Sorry nontrad, I have no way to trust you haven't fulfilled the rest of your win condition besides lynching a wolf. You might not be malicious, but a third party win is still a village loss. I'm keeping my lynch vote on you and I hope others do the same.

I don't care if chaos wins. I kind of want them to win for the lolz at this point. I just want the wolves to not win.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
So today turned out to be a way longer day than planned (just got home) and I see that I’ve missed a few pages of stuffs. Don’t have time to catch up this evening (have to be up at 4 tomorrow morning) so I’m 100% bandwagoning and I hope you villagers are correct!

lynch nontrad

The wolves losing is what I'm setting out as my own win condition. Feeling proud that we actually killed the wolves.

If nontrad actually wanted to win they wouldn't have told us.

Both of those lead to the same outcome though, which is a village loss.

I assume that all my night actions counted as 1/2. But I have no leads as to who the other person able to act was, as I didn't receive anything overnight and my ability is useless for info-gathering.
Does your ability force post restricting?

Day 8 Don't Bury Your Head in the Snow Lynch Tally

bigcats (1) - doktor
MrsDrDr () -
roid (3) - kras, sunshine, non
non (7) - cats, roid, MrsDrDr, diff, alissa, caphammer, engr
kras (1) - wondering
SiaS (1) - elk

@nontradstdnt you are winning!

13/13 votes

Deadline 10pm EST (~2 hours)

snow-snake-gif.291054

Guys let’s not waste our lynch on a third party player right now. We can lynch them later. Let’s focus on everyone else ex: kras and sunshine unlynch nontrad lynch kraskadva

Members don't see this ad :)
I really gotta say I do not understand this mentality at all. We *know* for a fact that nontrad currently cannot have fulfilled their win condition (assuming they're being truthful about needing to lynch a wolf), so now is the perfect time to lynch them. If we find and lynch a wolf today and nontrad hops in at the last minute, newsflash, the game just might be over. I don't believe that they haven't fulfilled the rest of their win condition and there is absolutely no way to prove that they haven't besides just taking nontrad's word for it. However, if we do lynch nontrad today, we know with as much certainty as possible that they have not fulfilled their win conditions. There will always be wolves to hunt, and I would far rather lynch someone we know for certain is an enemy to the village rather than someone who might well be another villager. Let's get this obstacle down tonight and we can hunt for real tomorrow.

Reactions: 1 users
I really gotta say I do not understand this mentality at all. We *know* for a fact that nontrad currently cannot have fulfilled their win condition (assuming they're being truthful about needing to lynch a wolf), so now is the perfect time to lynch them. If we find and lynch a wolf today and nontrad hops in at the last minute, newsflash, the game just might be over. I don't believe that they haven't fulfilled the rest of their win condition and there is absolutely no way to prove that they haven't besides just taking nontrad's word for it. However, if we do lynch nontrad today, we know with as much certainty as possible that they have not fulfilled their win conditions. There will always be wolves to hunt, and I would far rather lynch someone we know for certain is an enemy to the village rather than someone who might well be another villager. Let's get this obstacle down tonight and we can hunt for real tomorrow.
As they stated, they themselves will likely be tonight’s target from the wolves. Why do the wolves work for them?? Wouldn’t it be better to try someone else tonight? Then if the wolves spare them we can lynch them and close early tomorrow?

and another villager will die tonight that could be helpful in finding a wolf. We need as many villagers as we can to try and balance out votes so wolves do not have such a sway

Guess what, the wolves won't be killing anyone at all tonight if the game ends at lynch close with a third party win!!!!

Guys let’s not waste our lynch on a third party player right now. We can lynch them later. Let’s focus on everyone else ex: kras and sunshine unlynch nontrad lynch kraskadva
Pretty wolfy to try to start a lynch mob on somebody else when you have a known chaos player you can eliminate.

unlynch acanth, lynch nontrad

Not sure if anyone else picked up on this, but nontrad just admitted to being the one who "took" something from Engr yesterday. Engr, the one who was saying two days ago "don't lynch me, I have a passive villager ability that only hurts wolves". Do you think the wolves are likely to take a chance on finding out exactly what that is and if nontrad was able to steal it? Because I personally wouldn't want to take that bet. Sure, we could theoretically just lynch nontrad for real in the morning, but if they manage to hop onto a wolf lynch tonight and are lying about the rest of their win condition, they've already won.

Not sure if anyone else picked up on this, but nontrad just admitted to being the one who "took" something from Engr yesterday. Engr, the one who was saying two days ago "don't lynch me, I have a passive villager ability that only hurts wolves". Do you think the wolves are likely to take a chance on finding out exactly what that is and if nontrad was able to steal it? Because I personally wouldn't want to take that bet. Sure, we could theoretically just lynch nontrad for real in the morning, but if they manage to hop onto a wolf lynch tonight and are lying about the rest of their win condition, they've already won.
This is a good point, actually. Didn't consider this.

unlynch sunshine
lynch nontrad

*sigh* you’re right unlynch sunshine lynch nontrad

Day 9 Don't Bury Your Head in the Snow Lynch Tally

bigcats (1) - doktor
MrsDrDr () -
roid (2) - sunshine, non
non (9) - cats, roid, MrsDrDr, diff, caphammer, engr, kras, elk, alissa
kras (1) - wondering
SiaS () -

@nontradstdnt you are winning!

13/13 votes

Deadline 10pm EST (~30 minutes)

snow-snake-gif.291054

DAY NINE
❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

narwhal.gif

With so many days having gone by and so few leads to point them in the direction of the murderers in their midst, the animals were becoming desperate. At this point they just wanted to get rid of someone, anyone who wasn't completely on their side, even if that one posed little real threat to them. They just couldn't stand to see another friend die. And so it was that when the Narwhal revealed herself as something a little on the chaotic neutral side, they turned on her.

The narwhal is such a strange animal that many people don't even realize that it is not a mythical creature. Narwhals are very much real, a relative of the beluga with a unique tusk that is actually a modified upper left canine tooth. They use this to stun their prey when they hunt. This particular narwhal used it to stun those she was able to steal an ability from - though she was never sure quite who she was stealing from. As with most toothed whales, narwhals have a complex series of clicks and other sounds that they use for communication. It had worked well for sending messages, but suddenly today no one understood her, and her pleas for her life fell on deaf ears.

Dead is @nontradstdnt, who was the Narwhal, a chaotic neutral. On odd nights she could send a message to the village (through the writeup) or the wolves. On even nights she could "juggle" three players to find out two abilities, and then steal one the next night. In order to win she had to 1)lynch a wolf at least once 2) steal at least two village abilities and 3) guess the night kill correctly in at least one of her messages. She would have been the lone winner if she had made it to endgame and met these conditions, but she would have won with the other winning faction if she died before the end. Unfortunately, she did not meet all of her win conditions.

As the Narwhal died, the animals realized they could have worked with her, rather than killing her now, and that maybe she could have helped them find the murderers. Maybe not, though. Maybe they never could have trusted her. They pondered these things as they entered into another dark night.

It is now Night 9
Early close will be at midnight if all vital actions are in - otherwise at 6am EST.

12 players remain

1. @EngrSC
2. @Sunshine in a Storm
3. @differentiating
4. @alissa14
5. @Doktor_dud3
6. @MrsDrDr
7. @BigCats
8. @SirHammerlock
9. @WonderingStudent
10. @acanthuroidei
11. @kraskadva
12. @Elkhart

Dead:
SkiOtter - Northern Sea Otter - Sacrificial Lamb
Sunbodi - Arctic Tern - Vanillager
Flushy - Beluga Whale - Vanillager
Elkhart - Arctic Wolf - Tracker
Precious - Emperor Penguin - Lover
cubsrule4e - Rockhopper Penguin - Lover
Mayo - Arctic Cod - designated survivor
Eriyo - Snowy Owl - affiliation seer
GraduschoolusMaximus - Snow Leopard - Converter
Afflac - Fur Seal - Healer
LizLiz - Blue Footed Booby - vanillager
killer - Elephant Seal - Vanillager
wolfie - Puffin - tinkerer
nontrad - Narwhal - Chaos

Manators

1. @Animal Midwife
2. @CoffeeQuestionMark
3. @Trilt
4. @mizchiefmanaged
5. @finnickthedog
6. @vetmedhead
7. @Dinashadow
8. @SARdoghandler
9. @StayingPositive2017
10. @Barkley13
11. @genny
12. @capri1722
13. @muttmanager
14. @SportPonies
15. @PippyPony
16. @Ms Procrastinator
17. @mypetmoose
18. @ziggyandjazzy

Table of Contents

Reactions: 4 users

As the Narwhal died, the animals realized they could have worked with her, rather than killing her now, and that maybe she could have helped them find the murderers. Maybe not, though. Maybe they never could have trusted her. They pondered these things as they entered into another dark night.

Well I at least wanted to work with her

Contingency lynch Sunshine in a Storm

RIP (or not) nontrad

Day 1 (but actually D2) FINAL Lynch Tally

Sunbodi (10)
- elk, sunbodi, hammer, wolfie, diff, Grad, doktor, flo rida, flushy, precious
ELk
(1) - MrsDrDr
Flushy (4) - cubs, sunshine, eng, Eri
diff (1) - BigCats
alissa (3) - kras, nontrad, mayo
bigcats (1) - killer

20/24 votes
Missing: alissa14, LizLiz99, WonderingStudent, acanthuroidei

:bookworm::bookworm::bookworm:

D3 Final Lynch Tally

killer () -
roid (2) - cubs, gradus
wondering (4) - diff, MrsDrDr, LizLiz, mayo
Nontrad (1) - eri
flushy (6) - roid, Doktor, CapHammer, precious, wondering, nontrad
mrsdrdr () -
cubs (2) - flushy, kras
gradus (1) - sunshine
cats (1) - killer
precious
(2) - wolfie, engr

19/22
Missing: alissa, accident, cats

:cyclops::cyclops::cyclops:

D4 Christmas Time is Here Official Lynch Tally

precious (7)
- cats, diff, killer, alissa, hammer, mayo, Eng
sunshine () -
wolfie () -
wondering (2) - roid, doktor
doktor (4) - wondering, Wolfie, lizliz, afflac
Lizliz (1) - sunshine
roid (2) - precious, nontrad
Afflac (1) - cubs

17/21
Missing: GraduschoolusMaximus, MrsDrDr, Eriyo, kraskadva

:bucktooth::bucktooth::bucktooth:

D5 Official Lynch Tally

Caphammer (2) - elk, kras
doktor (2) - MrsDr^2, wolfie
Lizliz
()
Gradmax (2) - acanth, killer
Mayo
(1) - wonder
Sunshine ()
kras (1) - Caphammer
Eng (5) - differentiating, BigCats, mayo, Eriyo, AFLAC
Eriyo (5) - alissa, sunshine, Eng, doktor, LizLiz
MrsDrDr ()

18/20 voting
Missing: nontradstdnt, GraduschoolusMaximus

:eek::eek::eek:

D6 unofficial lynch tally

Engr (1) - AFF
LizLiz
(0) -
gradus (15) - diff, acanth, Engr, doktor, cats, wolfie, elk, MrsDr, Sunshine, hammers, kras, wondering, alissa, killerleaf, gradus

16/18 votes

Missing: LizLiz99, nontradstdnt
:D:D:D

Day 7 I Hate Waffles Lynch Tally

Lizzy (5) – WS, Elk, Alissa, Acanth, sunshine

MrsDrDr (3) - nontrad, killer
killer
(1) - diff
kras () -
Sunshine (3) - kras, SirHammer, Engr
EngrSC (2) - Mrs, Cats
Alissa () -
Doktor (3) - Doktor, LizLiz, Wolfie

16/16
:sorry: :sorry: :sorry:

D8 Official :vamp: Mods Want to be Entertained :vamp: Lynch Tally

engr (1) - Mrs(Dr)^2
kras (3) - SiaS, alissa, hammers
wolfie () -
Mrs(Dr)^2 () -
doktor ()
killer (6) - elk, cats, roid, diff, engrsc
roid (3) - killer, nontrad, kras
nontrad (1) - wondering
alissa (1) - wolfie
cats (2) - doktor

15/15

bigcats (1) - doktor
MrsDrDr () -
roid (2) - sunshine, non
kras (1) - wondering
SiaS () -

13/13
:zombie::zombie::zombie:

Guys. I want a serious assessment of Sunshine in a Storm's role claim.

> Is it REALLY village?
> Many village-beneficial night actions were blocked (I can confirm this, I was blocked).
> There is a confirmed village role that is specifically targeted at counter-acting the role Sunshine in a Storm claimed.
I didn't want to delve too deeply into this earlier, as I felt that nontrad was the most pressing threat at the time and didn't want to detract from that, but let's return to this now that we've gotten the chaos player taken care of.

I believe that Sunshine is the polar bear they claim to be. However, I am not sure that this is necessarily a village role. Sunshine has been highly reactive and defensive, especially ramping up the past few days, with wild accusations of "wolf!" being thrown at anyone who questions them. I am reminded of when they accused killerleaf of being a wolf for voting to lynch them... several minutes after killerleaf had already removed the vote. There are some wild and frankly bizarre leaps in logic going on in their posts, and their posts seem designed to be as inflammatory as possible with baseless accusations. I am certain I will get accusations thrown at me by Sunshine for saying all of this, but in reading acanth's post above, I find myself agreeing more and more with her points.

contingency lynch Sunshine

Okay, up again to get ready for work.

Missed nontrad's final role reveal, but I'm not sure I would've changed my vote even so. If they're chaos/neutral, then they wouldn't have counted in village numbers. And their ability to steal abilities could've been very dangerous if they'd stolen wondering's at some point and gotten acanth killed, especially since we only had their word to go on regarding their win conditions. Certainly, it's a better lynch than a villager, if not as good as a wolf.

That also answers my question about the strange write-up message: they wrote it, trying to guess who the wolves had killed.

Omg nontrad!!! Role reveal too little too late, I guess, or just too much. Honestly, I don't even know how someone plays that role and wins, so cheers pal. And I'm sorry for all the times I referred to you as he, bc apparently you are a she.

NIGHT NINE
❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

sperm whale.gif

Sperm whales are the largest of the toothed whales and feed on multiple creatures, including giant and colossal squid, diving to very extreme depths. On top of their skull is a large complex of organs filled with a liquid mixture of fats and waxes called spermaceti, which generates powerful and focused clicking sounds, which the sperm whale uses for echolocation and communication. Our Sperm Whale had been using her resourcefulness and her big ol' brain to help everyone she could. Unfortunately, there were vindictive animals out there that didn't appreciate her efforts to help keep her friends alive. At some point during the night, when she was in the process of augmenting another player, she was rammed in the side and forcefully beached.

Dead is @acanthuroidei, who was the Sperm Whale, a villager who each night could send a player an upgrade, which would either be one time use of a dead player's ability, or one time use of an upgraded version of their own ability.

IT IS NOW DAY 10
Lynch deadline is 10pm EST, unless a majority of players would like to bump it to tomorrow due to New Year's Eve festivities

11 players remain

1. @EngrSC
2. @Sunshine in a Storm
3. @differentiating
4. @alissa14
5. @Doktor_dud3
6. @MrsDrDr
7. @BigCats
8. @SirHammerlock
9. @WonderingStudent
10. @kraskadva
11. @Elkhart

Dead:
SkiOtter - Northern Sea Otter - Sacrificial Lamb
Sunbodi - Arctic Tern - Vanillager
Flushy - Beluga Whale - Vanillager
Elkhart - Arctic Wolf - Tracker
Precious - Emperor Penguin - Lover
cubsrule4e - Rockhopper Penguin - Lover
Mayo - Arctic Cod - designated survivor
Eriyo - Snowy Owl - affiliation seer
GraduschoolusMaximus - Snow Leopard - Converter
Afflac - Fur Seal - Healer
LizLiz - Blue Footed Booby - vanillager
killer - Elephant Seal - Vanillager
wolfie - Puffin - tinkerer
nontrad - Narwhal - Chaos
roid - Sperm Whale - upgrader

Manators

1. @Animal Midwife
2. @CoffeeQuestionMark
3. @Trilt
4. @mizchiefmanaged
5. @finnickthedog
6. @vetmedhead
7. @Dinashadow
8. @SARdoghandler
9. @StayingPositive2017
10. @Barkley13
11. @genny
12. @capri1722
13. @muttmanager
14. @SportPonies
15. @PippyPony
16. @Ms Procrastinator
17. @mypetmoose
18. @ziggyandjazzy

Table of Contents

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
To me this was the least surprising night kill. It was obviously what was going to happen and was one of the major reasons I wanted to kill a wolf today

RIP acanth

Day 1 (but actually D2) FINAL Lynch Tally

Sunbodi (10)
- elk, sunbodi, hammer, wolfie, diff, Grad, doktor, flo rida, flushy, precious
ELk
(1) - MrsDrDr
Flushy (4) - cubs, sunshine, eng, Eri
diff (1) - BigCats
alissa (3) - kras, nontrad, mayo
bigcats (1) - killer

20/24 votes
Missing: alissa14, LizLiz99, WonderingStudent, acanthuroidei

D3 Final Lynch Tally

killer () -
roid (2) - cubs, gradus
wondering (4) - diff, MrsDrDr, LizLiz, mayo
Nontrad (1) - eri
flushy (6) - roid, Doktor, CapHammer, precious, wondering, nontrad
mrsdrdr () -
cubs (2) - flushy, kras
gradus (1) - sunshine
cats (1) - killer
precious
(2) - wolfie, engr

19/22
Missing: alissa, accident, cats

:cyclops::cyclops::cyclops:

D4 Christmas Time is Here Official Lynch Tally

precious (7)
- cats, diff, killer, alissa, hammer, mayo, Eng
sunshine () -
wolfie () -
wondering (2) - roid, doktor
doktor (4) - wondering, Wolfie, lizliz, afflac
Lizliz (1) - sunshine
roid (2) - precious, nontrad
Afflac (1) - cubs

17/21
Missing: GraduschoolusMaximus, MrsDrDr, Eriyo, kraskadva

:bucktooth::bucktooth::bucktooth:

D5 Official Lynch Tally

Caphammer (2) - elk, kras
doktor (2) - MrsDr^2, wolfie
Lizliz
()
Gradmax (2) - acanth, killer
Mayo
(1) - wonder
Sunshine ()
kras (1) - Caphammer
Eng (5) - differentiating, BigCats, mayo, Eriyo, AFLAC
Eriyo (5) - alissa, sunshine, Eng, doktor, LizLiz
MrsDrDr ()

18/20 voting
Missing: nontradstdnt, GraduschoolusMaximus

:eek::eek::eek:

D6 unofficial lynch tally

Engr (1) - AFF
LizLiz
(0) -
gradus (15) - diff, acanth, Engr, doktor, cats, wolfie, elk, MrsDr, Sunshine, hammers, kras, wondering, alissa, killerleaf, gradus

16/18 votes

Missing: LizLiz99, nontradstdnt
:D:D:D

Day 7 I Hate Waffles Lynch Tally

Lizzy (5) – WS, Elk, Alissa, Acanth, sunshine

MrsDrDr (3) - nontrad, killer
killer
(1) - diff
kras () -
Sunshine (3) - kras, SirHammer, Engr
EngrSC (2) - Mrs, Cats
Alissa () -
Doktor (3) - Doktor, LizLiz, Wolfie

16/16
:sorry: :sorry: :sorry:

D8 Official :vamp: Mods Want to be Entertained :vamp: Lynch Tally

engr (1) - Mrs(Dr)^2
kras (3) - SiaS, alissa, hammers
wolfie () -
Mrs(Dr)^2 () -
doktor ()
killer (6) - elk, cats, roid, diff, engrsc
roid (3) - killer, nontrad, kras
nontrad (1) - wondering
alissa (1) - wolfie
cats (2) - doktor

15/15

bigcats (1) - doktor
MrsDrDr () -
roid (2) - sunshine, non
kras (1) - wondering
SiaS () -

13/13
:zombie::zombie::zombie:

[/QUOTE]

Soooooo full transparency I don’t believe in us. We have 11 people alive, I have confirmed there are 4 wolves out there through a 1 time power soooo mathematically we have to get this correct or we pretty much dead.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Soooooo full transparency I don’t believe in us. We have 11 people alive, I have confirmed there are 4 wolves out there through a 1 time power soooo mathematically we have to get this correct or we pretty much dead.

How do you know this?