Yahoo Finance: FIRE Movement Pioneer Returns to Work

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Greatest move you made was no kids or house..kudos, both will age you at least 6-10 years if not more
But without the constant power struggle that a spouse and kids bring, what kinds of things will occupy you 24/7 after you retire?

Members don't see this ad.

But without the constant power struggle that a spouse and kids bring, what kinds of things will occupy you 24/7 after you retire?
very good question... trying to figure that out, as are you no?

Reactions: 1 user
I’m sure y’all won’t have any issue finding someone to spend the fat stack you’ve saved (and complain about you), but if you’ve made it this far, I’d stick with hobbies and travel.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m sure y’all won’t have any issue finding someone to spend the fat stack you’ve saved (and complain about you), but if you’ve made it this far, I’d stick with hobbies and travel.
Word!! Never ending complaints. As my friend said, I could be dead and she’ll still find something to complain about

• Haha
Greatest move you made was no kids or house..kudos, both will age you at least 6-10 years if not more
I agree with the kids' thing. I don't think anything ages you faster than raising children. I refuse to post before and after pics.

• Haha
I agree with the kids' thing. I don't think anything ages you faster than raising children. I refuse to post before and after pics.

fastest aging scale:

1. being president
2. raising kids
3. responding to doctodd on studentdoctor for a decade

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
fastest aging scale:

3. responding to doctodd on studentdoctor for a decade
Little do you know that he’s consumed your energy over the last 10 years and now looks like Austin Butler

Little do you know that he’s consumed your energy over the last 10 years and now looks like Austin Butler
this is me

1682438301299.png

• Haha
I don't think it's behavior issues that age parents since most children overall are pretty well-behaved.

It's mostly that they take your free time. Less time to go to the gym, exercise, hike, etc, and more time standing around at the playground, jump house, trampoline park, bday parties, etc. I wouldn't trade it but it's awful for your health. Plus, my twins have literally deformed my wife's body. Diastasis recti.

Reactions: 1 users
I don't think it's behavior issues that age parents since most children overall are pretty well-behaved.

It's mostly that they take your free time. Less time to go to the gym, exercise, hike, etc, and more time standing around at the playground, jump house, trampoline park, bday parties, etc. I wouldn't trade it but it's awful for your health. Plus, my twins have literally deformed my wife's body. Diastasis recti.

nope. its the behavior piece for us.

• Haha

What do you mean less gym time? I'm getting loads of baby curls and child presses in these days.

The older I get without children, the more I appreciate the sacrifice of all the parents out there.

On behalf of the human race, thanks. Now get back to work :)

But no Division I lacrosse team. Currently ranked 16th. Coach Conry is building a great program based on culture of teamwork and leadership. Tell your kid that all those hours, all that hard work, your bashed in kidney that required surgery: they were nothing. Go to UGA and party. That’s not what we do. We challenge our children to do better than we did. And we set them up for the best chance of success. GO BLUE.
fyi, the team your son is joining just won the Big10 tournament (well, actually, on the 6th)

Hail!

they face Cornell Sunday in the NCAAs. Ithaca is only 2 hours away, but unfortunately i am already committed...

fyi, the team your son is joining just won the Big10 tournament (well, actually, on the 6th)

Hail!

they face Cornell Sunday in the NCAAs. Ithaca is only 2 hours away, but unfortunately i am already committed...
Speaking of which...Tuesday of this week I was telling my son about that Duke scandal. Did yall know the girl is currently in prison for murder?

• Wow
Speaking of which...Tuesday of this week I was telling my son about that Duke scandal. Did yall know the girl is currently in prison for murder?
Yep.

Moral of the story is not that “women are always right”, but that women lie frequently , (just like all sexes) and so women need to reach the legal standard in a court case.

A woman’s testimony isn’t automatically worth more than a man’s.

nice hijack of previous comments.

anyways, this is the first time Michigan has been in the NCAAs for lacrosse. you are so right about the coach.

nice hijack of previous comments.

anyways, this is the first time Michigan has been in the NCAAs for lacrosse. you are so right about the coach.
Michigan is a great school. Too cold though. I hear Ann Arbor is a high QoL town.

Even though I'm an ND guy, Michigan is a great school and Ann Arbor is a great town. Congrats to your boy, Steve, I'm sure he'll have an awesome experience there

Reactions: 2 users