You guys donate to the ASAPAC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

acidbase1

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This guy is absolutely the most obnoxious human being alive. Why would the ANAA elect such an inflammatory douche?

Juan Quintana (@jfqcrna) on Twitter

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
This guy is absolutely the most obnoxious human being alive. Why would the AANA elect such an inflammatory douche?

Juan Quintana (@jfqcrna) on Twitter

The fact that he got some bull**** doctorate as a nurse should tell you everything you need to know about him and what the ANAA is all about. This organization is more deadly to American lives than ISIS or North Korea...

I'm not donating jack **** to the ASAPAC until they declare war on this terrorist organization the ANAA, legalize AAs in all 50 states, ban CRNA independent practice in all 50 states, persecute all CRNAs calling themselves "doctor" in a clinical setting with jail time and loss of practicing privileges, and start a campaign to stop attendings from training SRNAs and CRNAs. Once that happens get back to me.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm not donating jack **** to the ASAPAC until they declare war on this terrorist organization the ANAA, legalize AAs in all 50 states, ban CRNA independent practice in all 50 states, persecute all CRNAs calling themselves "doctor" in a clinical setting with jail time and loss of practicing privileges, and start a campaign to stop attendings from training SRNAs and CRNAs. Once that happens get back to me.

Dr Followthemoney for ASA prez

Reactions: 1 users
The fact that he got some bull**** doctorate as a nurse should tell you everything you need to know about him and what the ANAA is all about. This organization is more deadly to American lives than ISIS or North Korea...

Do you think he introduces himself as doctor?

I understand your frustration, I've asked all the same questions before. However, the fact of the matter is the ASAPC is the main thing keeping us afloat at this point and we need to avidly support them. Our government is a money game and to keep the powers that be happy this necessitiated donating to their respective campaigns.

Why is the ASA so liberal in dealing with the ANAA/CRNAs? Why haven't they pursued AA legalization in all 50 states and expanded the programs?

I have done a 180 on the ASPAC and have donated for a few years now, though when I get my monthly "thanks for donating" from my auto donation set up I wonder if it's really helping anyone.
I looked at my big academic group last year and discovered I'm the only one here that gives at all. The only one. They've got a real problem with their image. Of course if they went to war and started dropping Nukes, they might lose some people that have good relationships with the CRNAs. I'd love to see some ASA action besides emails, donation requests, and the bonehead periop home crap.

--
Il Destriero

I understand your frustration, I've asked all the same questions before. However, the fact of the matter is the ASAPC is the main thing keeping us afloat at this point and we need to avidly support them. Our government is a money game and to keep the powers that be happy this necessitiated donating to their respective campaigns.

Why is the ASA so liberal in dealing with the ANAA/CRNAs? Why haven't they pursued AA legalization in all 50 states and expanded the programs?

Yeah NUMBER ONE issue for ASA PAC should be AA independence in 50 states!

That would shut down CRNAs quickly

I have done a 180 on the ASPAC and have donated for a few years now, though when I get my monthly "thanks for donating" from my auto donation set up I wonder if it's really helping anyone.
I looked at my big academic group last year and discovered I'm the only one here that gives at all. The only one. They've got a real problem with their image. Of course if they went to war and started dropping Nukes, they might lose some people that have good relationships with the CRNAs. I'd love to see some ASA action besides emails, donation requests, and the bonehead periop home crap.

--
Il Destriero

Why doesn't anyone else donate?

Members don't see this ad :)
I donate. people say i dont donate b/c they dont do xyz or they dontr accomplish stuff... well they need money to get stuff done. not the other way around. nurses donate to their group more than us. we are getting killed

It's all about buying time with special interest groups. The government is a money game and the only way to win (like we did with the VA bill) is to pony up and donate to the various who's who in charge of this and that. It's your professional duty to donate. Attendings who don't should be ashamed of themselves as my program donates 100% yearly. Unfortunately this is the only way we are going to keep our jobs. You guys should be on your partners asses to donate.

Last edited:
Dr. Brady comes to speak to our program every year. He went into detail on how things get done legislatively. It's all about buying time with special interest groups. The government is a money game and the only way to win (like we did with the VA bill) is to pony up and donate to the various who's who in charge of this and that. It's your professional duty to donate. Attendings who don't should be ashamed of themselves as my program donates 100% yearly. Unfortunately this is the only way we are going to keep our jobs. You guys should be on your partners asses to donate.

Please don't start spouting this bull **** again. How much and to what organizations anyone decides to donate their money to is their business and their business alone. The VA bill is the only recent success to point to, as the AA expansion is floundering. And don't get me started on the disaster that is the ASA.
If you want to present a case for why you should donate, go for it. Harassing those that don't agree with you isn't appropriate.

--
Il Destriero

Alright brah, what's your solution? Do nothing?

I have given over $10,000 over my career. I am the only one of my group that makes a substantial donation.

If you want your money to go directly towards getting AA's practicing in all states, you should donate directly to the AA legislative fund. You wouldn't be the only anesthesiologist to do so. AA Legislative Advocacy Fund

I donate, and will continue to. I think it's important. Thankfully, most in my group donate to my knowledge. Also, don't expect to have a voice when the leadership asks if you are even a member or if you've contributed to political action in one way or another. Sitting back and bitching isn't the solution IMHO.

I donate every year, and have since I was a med student (excepting maybe once when I donated twice one year, but not the previous). I also give to my state PAC, and may consider this AA Legislative fund mentioned above. I haven't established community roots yet, and don't have a lot of flexibility regarding time to give, so I'll give money to those that do, so they can advocate on my behalf. I listened to Plagenhoff speak at SOCCA yesterday, and aim to be more personally active once I'm done moving around.

Sent from my SM-G930V using SDN mobile

Yes it matters. In alabama, their war chest is large enough, the nurses have stopped attacking like they do in other states.

If you read our states story in the private forums, it should give you idea what we did.

Local politicians tend to ignore the big national groups or at least view it as intrusion into local arena.

Lastly, the nurses arr better organized than us, as they have nothing to lose, but everything to gain. Not to mention, physicians dont have time to wait around senate meetings. I will say with a larger war chest, you can fund the other candiate who is pro physician regardless of party line. One local guy that keeps putting up silly crna bills is going to find this out soon enough.

Dr Followthemoney for ASA prez

I'm going to run if no one else will do the job that needs to be done. I don't give a **** anymore if I burn bridges because of my political stance, these people are trying to replace us legislatively and I'm not going to allow it to happen.

I'm not sure the CRNA thing is the top threat to our profession. I think selling out to AMCs and encouraging the corporatization of the specialty is a bigger threat. The CRNA thing is more a byproduct of that. Unfortunately, the AMCs are well represented in the ASA.

I'm not sure the CRNA thing is the top threat to our profession. I think selling out to AMCs and encouraging the corporatization of the specialty is a bigger threat. The CRNA thing is more a byproduct of that. Unfortunately, the AMCs are well represented in the ASA.

I am very concerned with how the AMCs are infiltrating the ASA. They have gone around and plucked up a lot of the former and current admins of the ASA. If the ASA is essentially represented at high levels and sponsorsed by AMCs....the AMCs have the ability to shape our profession which I am not sure I like.

Between the AMCs and the CRNAs in this political climate this profession is becoming the Hindenburg.

Every specialty feels squeezed.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

You get it.
I think my ASPAC dollars are going to be pushing this agenda.

--
Il Destriero

I used to give to ASAPAC, was a chairman's council donor for a few years, including some time when I was a very poorly paid military attending (doing initial payback years and ineligible for higher retention wages). I made real sacrifices and gifts considering my means at the time. And I quit giving because I saw zero effort to actually confront the AANA. I could only conclude that the ASA and ASAPAC were just afraid of offending nurses because so many anesthesiologists make so much money off their backs.

I'm not quite as disgusted with the ASA as I am with the AMA, though some days it's a close thing. I've grown to loathe the ABA. It simply seems that none of these people are really interested in representing me or changing the trajectory of the specialty.

But I guess some effort is better than no effort. I've sort of talked myself into paying my ASA dues again and giving to ASAPAC. I guess.

I will continue to support. Plagenhof was a good president and probably one of the more aggressive in over a decade from what I can tell. Hopefully he has sparked a trend in the leadership.

Just gave to ASAPAC after years long hiatus. Highlighting the Juan Quintana tweets was great and gave me hope that at least someone is at the wheel.

I'm going to run if no one else will do the job that needs to be done. I don't give a **** anymore if I burn bridges because of my political stance, these people are trying to replace us legislatively and I'm not going to allow it to happen.

Let me know what I can do to help buddy.

I will also donate because of this thread. Plagenhoef seems like a stand up guy

I will also donate because of this thread. Plagenhoef seems like a stand up guy

Seriously gents, we need strength in numbers. I'm graduating soon and would enjoy having a job for a couple years. You attendings who make high incomes have no excuse. After student loans are paid off I'll pay 5k/year, plus it's a write off

I wonder if he realizes how bad he makes himself look online.
Pretty sure my small child has more maturity.

He loves throwing the "MDA" term around a lot. Just needs a good ole fashion ass kicking

Seriously gents, we need strength in numbers. I'm graduating soon and would enjoy having a job for a couple years. You attendings who make high incomes have no excuse. After student loans are paid off I'll pay 5k/year, plus it's a write off

Donating to a PAC isn't a tax write off if I'm not mistaken. I still do it and give to Andy Harris as well as my local congressman who is physician friendly.

PAC donations are not deductible.

I wonder if he realizes how bad he makes himself look online.
Pretty sure my small child has more maturity.

I know the AANA can be nasty, but this guy is totally over the top ridiculous, rude and heinous in his dealings online for months now. I'm surprised they don't run for the hills from him (maybe they do, I'm not exactly an AANA-aficionado) to maintain some decorum of professionalism.

A few of my close friends who are CRNAs actively detest this guy, saying he gives a bad name to nurses everywhere. I'm inclined to agree.

Also I am impressed with the ASAPAC actually highlighting this rather than the lame "we won't sink to that level or have anything to say about it" response the ASA had a few months ago. They've earned my donation this year.

Definitely not a write off. Don't really want to donate after being actively coerced to do so as a resident.

On the bottom of every politician's donation form, it clearly states that a political donation is not tax deductible. Here is the wordage copied and pasted directly from a political flyer:

Under federal law, individuals may contribute up to $2700 per election cycle and PACs may contribute up to $5000 per cycle. The primary election and general election are considered separate election cycles. Corporate contributions are not acceptable. Personal and PAC checks are welcome. Contributions are not tax deductible for Federal Income Tax purposes. Federal law requires us to use our best efforts to collect and report the name, mailing address, occupation and name of employer of individuals whose contributions exceed $200 in a calendar year.

Definitely not a write off. Don't really want to donate after being actively coerced to do so as a resident.

You are one of those residents that whined about giving $20 to the ASAPAC? Congrats on taking a stand and annoying everyone.

He's an example of my point. When you make a clear and coherent argument and show some kind of results people make their own decisions about how to proceed. When you throw around a bunch of BS opinions, guilt, etc. it often backfires.

--
Il Destriero

I didn't complain. I did it. Doesn't mean I agreed with being forced to do something and checking several boxes stating that I am I am doing so without being coerced.