You know you're a premed gunner when...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Too funny!! :laugh:

*bump*

Members don't see this ad.

40. Your facebook status or twitter or something similar constantly has updates on your MCAT studying, your score, your latest biochem midterm score, the latest interviews or acceptances you've gotten, etc.

41. You know the MSAR numbers by heart. Since freshman year. Reupdating them once a year when the new edition comes out.

42. You have argued over 1/4 of a point....in a 500 point class. (I heard this has happened...)

43. You love being in lab the most. Why? Because you get to wear the white coat.

I'm guilty for doing #43...It just makes me all warm and fuzzy inside :D
What about this one: Your friends get mad at you for critiquing med drama shows (ie: House, ER, Grey's)...OR Med drama shows are all that you watch!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm guilty for doing #43...It just makes me all warm and fuzzy inside :D

We don't get to wear lab coats at my college. I was all psyched up because the syllabus said we'd need one, then the prof said we didn't. =(

We don't get to wear lab coats at my college. I was all psyched up because the syllabus said we'd need one, then the prof said we didn't. =(

The novelty of having a white coat wears off quickly in medical school when you realize that you'd gain more respect in the hospital wearing a helicopter beanie than donning the short white coat.

Reactions: 1 user
The novelty of having a white coat wears off quickly in medical school when you realize that you'd gain more respect in the hospital wearing a helicopter beanie than donning the short white coat.

LOL...but what happens if you where both?

Your friends get mad at you for critiquing med drama shows (ie: House, ER, Grey's)...OR

Anyone who opens their mouth during a medical drama and goes "That could never really happen" is a tool. A janitor, garbageman, accountant, or teacher can all critique medical shows - it doesn't mean any of them know what they're talking about.

Last edited:

Yeah...short white coat just screams to patients STAY AWAY I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING. It also hints to pre-meds, Please come talk to me and ask me about the MCAT and med school and make me feel helpful for once.

Reactions: 1 user
When you go to the research lab on Sunday after Christmas.

There were no other gunners to be found in the whole campus. :D

Well, that explains why the lab was empty...

And even if campus is closed don't you have keys to get into the building... I though all UG researchers had building and room keys.

I get to wear a long white coat in all my labs. It's not cool at all, and you realize how ******ed you look when you leave the lab with it still on.

81. bribing everyone in the country to throw the MCAT so you'd get a huge curve

Deleting my post!

Last edited:
When your Biophysical Chemistry professor announces to the class that "there is a folder in the library behind the resource desk full of old tests/notes and would be an invaluable study tool," and you and your friends immediately bolt to the library after class, and said folder "magically" disappears.

Members don't see this ad :)
Bump!

This is really funny!

...when you are the only one on campus on a holiday weekend, because you want to do your research. :D

when you go to the doc because of constipation and later find out it's actually because your buttocks is clenched in anality.

when you get a bad cold but go to classes anyway to spread the virus.

82. You go to the house party of an adcom member.

So far in my life, I have not seen a real premed gunner yet.

you'll make it to med school opening threads like this!!!!

I'm guilty of this one...

When you get anxious/irritated when something/someone starts cutting into your pre-determined study time...

When you read the MSAR and re-read after a couple of days to make sure the stats haven't changed

When you can recite Stats from the MSAR as if your reciting The Rule of Saint Benedict

When you have the new MSAR 2011-2012 on your Amazon waitlist from now.

Last edited:
When you are worrying about matching to a residency before even taking the mcat.

:cry:+pity+ Cry us all a river,
(There were two 15's soooo..)

17. When you change something on an already graded assignment ( from 93/100 to 98/100) to go from an A- to an A+, like the grader made a mistake, but then you get caught because you didn't know the prof. photo copies all his exams before giving them back....

OChem teacher at my school got in trouble for doing that and not telling the students.

Like 2-3 kids failed the class for it.

2. You buy a MCAT prep book your first semester of college.

:laugh: I bought a MCAT prep book my junior year of high school. Why not, when it'll possibly help you during college? It's not so much gunnerish as just being proactive

It's unethical because of the power dynamic between higher and lower-ranked individuals.

That doesn't make it unethical, it just makes it HOT!

Oh and by the way guys, as an Asian female, I also find the stereotypical comments offensive. It just so happens my boobs are huge! :laugh:

In a real conversation, you say something to the effect of: "Oh ya, I know what you mean. This guy on SDN was... I mean... ya I know what you mean."

Hey everyone, I didnt intend for this to be my first post but this is just too funny!

In my opinion you're a Gunner when:

81. You cry to your professors for those extra points, and then turn and laugh after your success.

82. You have to make trips to the doctors for pain in your neck from too much studying.

83. You don't share important information with your classmates simply because they are, or may be your competition.

84. You make friendly, when those same classmates have important information you can use.

85. You keep quiet and listen when there are conversations about medical plans, so you can get updates; but not release your own.

86. You have a gigantic library of science related material in your house.

87. You label that room-The Science Room/No Trespassing!

89. You sit and think of all your gunner moves,

88. and last but not least, YOU LOVE SDN!!!! :laugh:

Yeah...short white coat just screams to patients STAY AWAY I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING. It also hints to pre-meds, Please come talk to me and ask me about the MCAT and med school and make me feel helpful for once.

Except medical students don't want to talk about either of those. Especially the MCAT.

<arbitrary_number>. You try to get your course grade changed from an A to an A+ all the while knowing that they appear the same to AMCAS...

Guilty as charged.

EDIT: Thought I would add another one.

<arbitrary_number + 1>. You write up your own personal guidelines on grades, breaking it down into the quality of Letters of Recommendations that you would receive for a certain grade. For example a 93-100 = A but a 93 might be a sound LOR whereas a 96 would be a stellar LOR. And then of course striving for that high mark.

I really should stop posting on here and get more coffee.

Last edited:
You agree to go to the gym with your pre-med friends only finally determine if they are really going or lying and are really going to the library to study

You ask your pre-med friends ridiculous upper-level questions related to the course your taking, knowing they won't know the answer just to try and psych them out before a test

Faking ADD to get prescribed adderall so you can rock out with your books cheaper than buying it off a dealer

You bring a voice recorder to lectures that are videotaped and posted online

You sleep in the library rather than going back to your place

Instead of camping out before black friday to get great deals on stuff, you camp outside buildings saturday because you know grades will be posted outside an office inside first thing monday morning

You blame any shortcoming on "the scantron must've messed up" or "you must've had an easier version of the test"

97. When you argue with the TA in Ochem lab over partial credit on 1 point of extra credit

No Joke- over 1000 pts possible in the class and this crazy @#$%# argues w/ the TA for a half a point

.. when you'd rather go sexless for a month than help your pre-med gf who's asking for help on a p-set that you easily finished a week ago.

97. When you argue with the TA in Ochem lab over partial credit on 1 point of extra credit

No Joke- over 1000 pts possible in the class and this crazy @#$%# argues w/ the TA for a half a point

Haha this is my biggest pet peeve. My ochem lab is out of 2000 points, and students regularly argue for that single point. Is .05%
really worth 10 minutes of your time and a semester of bitterness from your TA?
Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

... when you tell the competition that ochem lecture is cancelled, while on the way to ochem lecture... In all honesty, they should have known better than to ask me :D

:laugh: I bought a mcat prep book my junior year of high school. Why not, when it'll possibly help you during college? It's not so much gunnerish as just being proactive
filthy gunner swine!!!!

89. You hope no one else ever finds out about SDN because they'll be as prepared as you :eek:

That is definitely me. I also hate it when my advisor tells other people about the undergrad research class that can be taken for possible publication.

That is definitely me. I also hate it when my advisor tells other people about the undergrad research class that can be taken for possible publication.

I didn't know that.. thx :)

oh well.. too late for publications now

98. When you worry about how the adcoms will view an A- in Organic Chemistry I