2009-2010 New York Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am currently waitlisted at NYMC. Whose Email should I send my update letter? I want to avoid sending it to the Admissions Office at all cost. Anyone has the Dean's Email or Email of somebody in charge of the Admissions Committee to whom I can my update/LOI?

Members don't see this ad.

thanks for the moral support...

Take it from me (I go to NYMC-MS) they take FOREVER! Don't think too much into it. Those that have heard back may have gotten rejected? If they got accepted, you still didnt get rejected-- you could have a waitlist or acceptance on the way- you may just not be the top person from that interview day. We really can't know what is going on in admissions minds--always remember that!

wow ok thought i was the only one. i've sent two emails and no response! ...are u going to try calling soon?

I have sent emails and got nothing back... I think at this point I am under the belief that they are swamped. Believing this also gives me a little bit more sanity.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys just interviewed here and loved it!!!!! This school is amazing and has really nice people who seemed to enjoy being there. Can't wait to here back although its about to be a loooooong wait :(

I have sent emails and got nothing back... I think at this point I am under the belief that they are swamped. Believing this also gives me a little bit more sanity.

BTW, where are you guys sending the emails? To [email protected], or something else?

Complete 11/28 and STILL waiting...

do they normally take this long or is this one of those "silent rejections"?:(

Hi Everyone, this is my first post. I interviewed on 12/10 and found out on 2/2, 3 days after my birthday. What a great birthday gift. I was really surprised because I was expecting to wait a little longer...I am so happy! Good luck to everyone else still waiting! :xf:

Hi Everyone, this is my first post. I interviewed on 12/10 and found out on 2/2, 3 days after my birthday. What a great birthday gift. I was really surprised because I was expecting to wait a little longer...I am so happy! Good luck to everyone else still waiting! :xf:
Congratulations! I interviewed on 12/10 as well, but haven't received the letter yet. It's good to hear somebody I met has been accepted :)

Congrats! I interviewed on 12/7 but haven't heard back yet. Do they send out waitlist or rejection emails as well?

i interviewed 11/24 and still haven't heard back.

not surprised though since my interviewer didn't know what the heck she was doing.

Hey everyone,

Just thought I'd share my news -- I interviewed on 12/17 and received an acceptance 2/2. I enjoyed everything I saw on my interview day and I'm most definitely going to NYMC next year. I didn't expect to hear back this early, but I suppose it happens. Best of luck to those still applying... I remember when I was with my student host, he told me that one of his roommates interviewed at the end of April and was accepted... so there's still hope if you have a late interview.

Does anyone know if there are official websites regarding the hospital affiliation changes? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations! I interviewed on 12/10 as well, but haven't received the letter yet. It's good to hear somebody I met has been accepted :)

Thanks hurryupnwait! I hope you hear soon! I really like the group of interviewees on 12/10.

Hey everyone. By my own negligence and some life stuff, I completed by secondaries by early December. My application was complete shortly after, and I have been waiting for an interview since. My only interview has been at Univ. of Iowa Carver. Right now I am clinging on some hopeful stories of people getting interviewed in May and getting in. Anyone in a similar situation?

To those who have been waitlisted or rejected, do they send those notices via emails as well?

So there are hospital affiliation changes? Does anyone know what they are? I want to do come clinical rotations on Manhattan, baby.

So there are hospital affiliation changes? Does anyone know what they are? I want to do come clinical rotations on Manhattan, baby.

Well then you might want to keep an eye on what is going on with St. Vincent's. I don't think it's NYMC's only affiliate in NYC, but it's one of the major ones. From today's NY Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/06/nyregion/06vincents.html?ref=nyregion

I think it was also mentioned in this thread that Danbury is no longer affiliating with NYMC.

St Vincent's - man, what a huge blow to the city if they go under....... Besides St. Vincent's, the city rotations are currently: Metropolitan (city hospital), RUMC (Staten Island), and Monty North (Bronx).

St Vincent's - man, what a huge blow to the city if they go under....... Besides St. Vincent's, the city rotations are currently: Metropolitan (city hospital), RUMC (Staten Island), and Monty North (Bronx).

Thank you, sir or ma'am.

We did lose Danbury, but the school is forging stronger partnerships with Greenwich Hosp and Norwalk Hospital in CT. The second years will hopefully be having are lotto meeting soon, so I can update on the final rotation list.

Complete 11/28 and STILL waiting...

do they normally take this long or is this one of those "silent rejections"?:(

Complete 9/3 and still "under review"... Does NYMC do any sort of pre-interview hold, or can I expect my status to stay the same until July?

Complete 9/3 and still "under review"... Does NYMC do any sort of pre-interview hold, or can I expect my status to stay the same until July?

I think quite a few people are still in this boat. Not really sure what to make of it (myself included). I want to assume it's a silent rejection, but unsure.

1 month post-interview no replies yet.
Anxious.
Probably waitlist -.-

dont give up it usually takes about 2 months to hear back at least. At my interview they said ~ 10 weeks so your just hitting the half way mark! Good luck! :luck:

does anyone know if they send waitlist or rejection notices via emails as well?

Does anyone know where we send our deposit to? The admissions office?

So I finally got 2 interview invites today after 3 months of nothing. One was from NYMC but I can't figure out how to schedule my interview. My login name is not working. Any ideas>?

Here is the link https://www.nymc.edu/medadmission/login.aspx?Choice=AS your yser id is your aamc id and your password was e-mailed to you when you received a link to your secondary app.

good luck!!!

Thanks, I tried that earlier but it didn't work. I ended up calling them and scheduling one over the phone. April 8th. If anyone else is interviewing then, let me know. Maybe we can share a taxi or something.

guess its the end of the silent rejections! i got my rejection via snail mail yesterday, pre interview, complete in sept. good luck to everyone still in the running! :luck:

We did lose Danbury, but the school is forging stronger partnerships with Greenwich Hosp and Norwalk Hospital in CT. The second years will hopefully be having are lotto meeting soon, so I can update on the final rotation list.

EDIT: I should have actually read your post. I'm interested in what the extent of the stronger affiliation is (as Danbury was a university hospital), and any contingency plans for what happens with St. Vincents... you'd know a lot better than me, obviously...

For those who were rejected pre-interview, did your status change on the website? Because I didn't get an invite today, but my status still says 'under review' ?? Though I've heard the website can be a bit delayed/out of date??

For those who were rejected pre-interview, did your status change on the website? Because I didn't get an invite today, but my status still says 'under review' ?? Though I've heard the website can be a bit delayed/out of date??

yeah i think the website is out of date. i got my rejection via snail mail (arrived yesterday) but my status still says under review, and the space next to "decision sent" is still blank.

yeah i think the website is out of date. i got my rejection via snail mail (arrived yesterday) but my status still says under review, and the space next to "decision sent" is still blank.

Hmm, well I didn't get a snail mail rejection today, but I live on the other coast. So, since I didn't get an invite, I'll assume it's in the mail. Hahha.

Hmm, well I didn't get a snail mail rejection today, but I live on the other coast. So, since I didn't get an invite, I'll assume it's in the mail. Hahha.

I didnt get an invite or rejection either and I live right near new york. I guess they didn't get to us

Wait. Doesn't this school interview 'til like April-ish? Why are you assuming that if you didn't get an invite today that there are no more and you are destined for a rejection?

I don't know when I was complete exactly, but I submitted my secondary at the end of September.

The available interview dates when I looked today were mid April.

Does anyone know if it's easy to reschedule with them? I'm hoping to get a date a few weeks earlier than the available spots, so I don't have to make to trips to the east coast in a matter of a month.

Wait. Doesn't this school interview 'til like April-ish? Why are you assuming that if you didn't get an invite today that there are no more and you are destined for a rejection?

hahaha, yeah I wasn't being completely serious ... this process just kinda makes me prone to assuming rejection ... ya know??

My status page says that I was complete on 11/24 (even though I submitted all my stuff well before that). Do you think they've even looked at my application yet? Did anyone with an invite today complete their secondary in November?

I don't know when I was complete exactly, but I submitted my secondary at the end of September.

The available interview dates when I looked today were mid April.

Does anyone know if it's easy to reschedule with them? I'm hoping to get a date a few weeks earlier than the available spots, so I don't have to make to trips to the east coast in a matter of a month.

wow mid april huh, this was probably the last set of invites.

wow mid april huh, this was probably the last set of invites.

Weren't people saying their dates assigned today were like end(ish) of March? Probably one more set if they are going all the way to mid April.

I got one today and I was able to schedule for early April, but I scheduled immediately after I got the interview invite. (I was already on my computer!) There were dates available until Mid April.

Status
Not open for further replies.