2009-2010 University of Chicago (Pritzker) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah the sports scene this summer has been awesome. too bad the US lost tho. what a heartbreaker. wish i could've gone to the sox/cubs game, but oh well. hopefully we'll all hear some good news before the 4th of july. that'll make for one amazing/happy family bbq. lol buuump

My fiancée and I are having our engagement party Saturday. It would be fantastic news indeed! :xf:

Members don't see this ad.

My fiancée and I are having our engagement party Saturday. It would be fantastic news indeed! :xf:

lol, u can get down on one knee and give her your acceptance letter to pritzker. haha that piece of paper is worth more than any diamond :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Just emailed letting them know my deadline date :(

Just emailed letting them know my deadline date :(

You get the 2010 Award for Most Dedicated Waitlister.

You'll do great no matter where you end up. So don't worry too much.

You get the 2010 Award for Most Dedicated Waitlister.

You'll do great no matter where you end up. So don't worry too much.

Thanks mdeast. Just goes to show that sometimes dedication just isn't enough (it seems so far). :( but I'm going to absolutely love either place and I'm just ready to get started!

Thanks mdeast. Just goes to show that sometimes dedication just isn't enough (it seems so far). :( but I'm going to absolutely love either place and I'm just ready to get started!

Exactly. Looking back at the whole process in retrospect, I do feel more and more that just the fact that we're in medical school rather than we're in at "the best medical school" is what really matters in the end. Regardless of location or institution, I'm just excited for the journey.

Exactly. Looking back at the whole process in retrospect, I do feel more and more that just the fact that we're in medical school rather than we're in at "the best medical school" is what really matters in the end. Regardless of location or institution, I'm just excited for the journey.

:thumbup:

Guys think tomorrow/today we'll get a call? lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else still here? Just curious lol countdown's getting low!

I'm still rooting for you, BBender716!

I'm still rooting for you, BBender716!

Thanks! It's really getting late now but hey, everyone hears those stories about "the guy who got in the day before class started". So who knows... :shrug:

wttttttttp every1...man ive been gone 4 a minute but i was in Puerto Ricooo. yeah the sox just came outta nowhere. hopefully they can keep their hot streak goin til october. i wish the cubbies would make a run too, but they're probably not cuz i root for them. and my teams always lose :( speaking of that i need to change my profile pic. freakin LeBron. i hope my kids never turn out as arrogant as him. what makes this worse is that my sister is from Miami. I don't even know if i can speak to her anymore :( lol Derrick Rose can take her place haha

wttttttttp every1...man ive been gone 4 a minute but i was in Puerto Ricooo. yeah the sox just came outta nowhere. hopefully they can keep their hot streak goin til october. i wish the cubbies would make a run too, but they're probably not cuz i root for them. and my teams always lose :( speaking of that i need to change my profile pic. freakin LeBron. i hope my kids never turn out as arrogant as him. what makes this worse is that my sister is from Miami. I don't even know if i can speak to her anymore :( lol Derrick Rose can take her place haha

Just tell her that you won't be taking your talent to South Beach and won't be joining her, lol

You know you're really desperate when you monitor OTHER WL threads to see if their movement might mean more movement here lol

BBender, just wanted to say your perseverance is amazing. Pritzker would be stupid if they don't take you. In fact, someone should send an anonymous tip to them to read this thread and you'll be accepted instantly. Haha totally rooting for you!

BBender, just wanted to say your perseverance is amazing. Pritzker would be stupid if they don't take you. In fact, someone should send an anonymous tip to them to read this thread and you'll be accepted instantly. Haha totally rooting for you!
Thanks for the pick-me-up, Tippy! I only hope the same perseverance came through in my LOIs :xf:

...and an anonymous tip would be most awesome. :ninja:

This will probably be my last post here. I have two business days left before I matriculate into my other school. It's been fun, Pritzker. I'm sorry I wasn't necessarily what you were looking for. Best of luck to everyone on this thread!

Aww this makes me sad. Whatever happens, good luck to you BBender! Any school would be proud to have someone as dedicated as you.

This will probably be my last post here. I have two business days left before I matriculate into my other school. It's been fun, Pritzker. I'm sorry I wasn't necessarily what you were looking for. Best of luck to everyone on this thread!

Random thread stalking for a while now ...

But what I wanted to say is this. Look how much Loyola wants you. If it were my guess, I'd say you got interviewed and accepted there right away. Wouldn't you rather go to a great school that realllllllllllly wanted you than to a great school that kept you hanging? Just sayin'

:)

You guys are awesome. I'm just happy to be on the road to becoming a doctor. :)

Well orientation began this week ... so I guess this thread is over.

Congrats to everyone! Wish you all the best, even if you ended up not at Pritzker!

Status
Not open for further replies.