2010-2011 East Carolina (Brody) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just received my letter of acceptance!

Yay!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

OMG!!!:thumbup::thumbup: I'm so happy for you!!!:):
All your hard work and patience paid off. Congratulations, big time:clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha thanks so much guys. This has been such a great week ... can't believe it's finally happened!

I wish everybody else waiting the best of luck!

:xf:

Six more offers are out according to the admissions website. Now at 133.

And that will probably just about wrap it up.

Oh well, congrats to all you who got in this year. Hope to be joining you next year.

Accepted and DEFINITELY will be attending! Congrats girl000 and the rest of you! As pessimistic as I was at one point I was in disbelief when I saw the letter! See you in August.

Congrats Bige 11, that is awesome!! Your determination and perseverance paid off!

Accepted and DEFINITELY will be attending! Congrats girl000 and the rest of you! As pessimistic as I was at one point I was in disbelief when I saw the letter! See you in August.

Congratulations!!!

See you in August!

:) :) :)

when is the first day of class for you guys?

Congratulations! See you in the fall :)

After the latest update, I called ECU to (a) confirm that I had not yet been accepted and (b) see if I could schedule an appointment with Dr. Peden. Lynn Coward was not in the office on Friday, and I ended up speaking directly with Dr. Peden. He said that as the summer progressed that there would be some people let go from the alternate list, but others would stay right until the very end. He said that some people start orientation, and then have to drop out for any number of reasons.

He said he is currently advising between 120 and 140 rejected applicants, and that if we were on the alternate list, that we had a strong application, and that there just needed to be a spot to open up for us to get in. He said that he realized that it did little to help alleviate any worry, but encouraged everyone to hang in.

I told him I absolutely would hang in, but realistically I had to look at the fact that there would be little to no more movement, which he acknowledged.

I went back and counted up, and 13 of us were waitlisted, and 6 eventually got in (to date) - pretty good odds for next year's group of applicants when they read this thread.

Good luck, Matt. I'm rooting for you! If not this year, then the next.

Thanks, squarefoot.

Congratulations to you! You (and everyone else) definitely earned your spot. Hope to be joining you next year - I'll be the old guy in the class. :)

how many people do you think are still on the WL? Are we still expecting a "drop" in the current waiting list, down to just a couple of people to save in case people drop right before FDOC?

I haven't heard anything from ECU, and do not expect to. I've already re-registered for the MCAT on 7/29, and am preparing for next year's application cycle.

I'll post if anything changes. . .

I haven't heard anything from ECU, and do not expect to. I've already re-registered for the MCAT on 7/29, and am preparing for next year's application cycle.

I'll post if anything changes. . .

Best of luck Matt! Don't give up! This is coming from somebody who took the MCAT 4 times and applied 3 years. I hope to see you in our class this year!

:xf: :xf::xf:

anyone still hanging out here? for next year's applicants, # on the admissions site still says 135, but is dated Jun 15th. I'm assuming no acceptances have been handed out since then.

I'm still hangin' in there. Also working on my app for next year. Stay strong!

Yeah, me too. There's still an iota of a chance that one or two of us could get in, but I'm working on next year's application.

Good luck everyone!

I hope this means we have a great shot next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.