2011-2012 Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
U mean there was a second interview? Most of us only had 1 interview.. correct me if I am wrong
I only had 1 interview...

Members don't see this ad.

Hey folks, did anyone get accepted recently in the past 2 weeks? Anyone here from the Jan 19th interviews?

I think jan 19th is very recent. Don't worry. :) Alot of us had gone for the interview way back in Oct/Nov last year but have yet to receive anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had a 3rd interview scheduled on a different day from applicant day (was contacted after applicant day)...

Really? :O I asked and they mentioned there's only going to be one interview. Hmm. When was your applicants' day?

I asked too and they said one interview. Did any of your interviewers not turn up during your applicant's day hence they had to ask you back?

And are you a Singaporean applicant or a North American applicant?

There's no duke-nus class of 2016 on facebook for us to ballpark how many people have been accepted at this point is there ?

Not aware of any.. any news of recent acceptances?

From Singapore. I am puzzled myself.

Sigh. there's so much discrepancy in the entire application process? For one, having different interviewers for the applicants already give rise to discrepancies in the type of interview questions asked.

Members don't see this ad :)
well, let's just wait. I know that they send acceptances to a bunch of applicants at once on the same day in early Feb and they send another acceptances after 2 weeks and repeat this way. It is either this forum is not active enough to get updates or they really did not start sending acceptances to applicants in the normal pool. Either way, i'm pretty sure that we will get a good news soon! :)

huddy, you aware of any Feb acceptance offers?

Compared to last year thread, we seems to be in the dark of the current acceptance pool.. last year this time, many applicants have recieved the outcome.. Really hope that the good news will come soon..

Is there a way we could find out how many students have been accepted so far? I am so anxious about our chances.

Last edited:
you might know about it once the online forum starts in early April for the accepted students.

huddy, you aware of any Feb acceptance offers?

Compared to last year thread, we seems to be in the dark of the current acceptance pool.. last year this time, many applicants have recieved the outcome.. Really hope that the good news will come soon..
i know but at least we have one more month to hope, right?!
And yeah, it is really weird that nobody hasn't posted any news since this month started.. Please, please, if somebody gets an offer, please post here so we know what's going on :(

Anyway, no point in fretting... might as well get to know each other while we're here anyway right? Anyone a North American applicant here? If so, whereabouts & which undergrad?

Or if you're a Singaporean applicant, which uni did you go to and what undergrad did you do?

North American applicant here...from a liberal arts college... Let's just be patient! Wish everyone here getting the good news soon!

haha. I agree. Have already gotten to know some of you in private. :) i'm from NUS. Still an undergraduate in department of Pharmacy, currently in my honours year.

Haha so many nice people here. Looking at the posts I was kind of freaked out since so many people holding higher degrees are applying,and my research is in no way comparable to theirs...I retook my MCAT in Jan since my first one was only a 31...and my GPA is not stellar either...so I guess I will not hear from them till I get my new score...

Don't worry too much, they did say 30+ is competitive. Don't over-analyze the situation :) Harder said than done. I'm a North American applicant too - from Canada.

Crossing my fingers and hoping to hear back. *sigh* wish I knew more of the current situation..

Hi fj90, do you think they take whether or not you have Asian ties into consideration?

Any one interview on dec 21.

Hey, Think will123 and I both interviewed on Dec 21 in Durham, how about you?

Hi fj90, do you think they take whether or not you have Asian ties into consideration?

I don't actually know. I personally think those with ties in Singapore would be more likely to stay after their bond. But I also know people who love exciting new opportunities. Who knows what they take into account. : ) Do you have ties in Asia?

The last interviews were held jan 19th, I think they gonna go through these students files then start giving out acceptances to the best candidates from the total pool of applicants. So, it may be a couple weeks before any of us hear back :) do you guys think this may be the case?

Lets hope so.. do you guys who interviewed in Dec/Jan also recieve an email to inform you that your application is under active review?

I interviewed Jan 19th and did not receive such an email.

Hey Moose45, where did you get your interview?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if they still have more interviews to go for the Jan. MCATers?

Interviewed in Singapore. When and where did you interview?

For the jan mcaters, there should be one more interview session in Singapore and USA in march as per last year.

I got an email after they received all my application materials (ie. WES transcript and transcript) saying that my application was under active review, but none whatsoever post-interview.

I thought the January interview that was supposed to take place in January in San Fran got cancelled (which was why some applicants who were supposed to interview there got moved to December in Durham), can someone confirm?

I interviewed Jan 19th and did not receive such an email.

moose45, where did you interview?

EDIT: Nevermind, answered already haha!

Last edited:
I think only those who applied for early acceptance receive the active review email. I was interviewed in early November and received the email in early December. Heard nothing since then:(

happy valentine's day to all, may Duke-NUS send us some love soon.

I did not receive an active review email even though I applied for early acceptance. I guess the staff must be really busy with so many applications. So we can only be patient. Good luck everyone!:luck:

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting! I really wish I could help but there is no online forum or fb whatsoever so I myself have absolutely no idea how many have been accepted... I will update you as soon as the forum is up (which should be in Apr according to admin office).

I agree that it's very quiet here compared to last year...

Maybe you should start one ;) and see if anyone else joins? : )

Anyone heard of recent acceptances? Have been accepted to two graduate programs...but nothing attracts me more than an M.D... Start to get anxious...probably did not make it:(

Anyone heard of recent acceptances? Have been accepted to two graduate programs...but nothing attracts me more than an M.D... Start to get anxious...probably did not make it:(

Dont give up hope docflower.....I am sure good news await you guys!!!

i cannot believe all of us didn't hear any news this week too

A new week of possibilities although I don't think we are going to hear back till mid-march which will be after the last round of interviews. Quite surprised they had 170 interviewees this year but so little people posting here....

Moose, how do you know they have 170 interviewees. Then would you know how many applicants there are this year? I assume there are a lot more applicants this year because they did some pretty heavy advertising in Canada.

I overheard during my interviews and also heard that the applicants are very strong this year.

Just receivedvan email to remind me to send the Jan. MCAT score as soon as possible. I guess I really will not hear anything before then. This makes me think that it might be that a significant portion of applicants retook or just took their mcat in Jan...which makes the process so slow...

Last edited:
oh man. i didn't retake my mcat. :X failed VR for some unprecedented reason, but my sciences pulled me up. I barely hit the 30 mark. So MCAT is going to be the filter afterall? :(

Hey sweetsecrets, I think you should be fine...I retook only because I got a horrible 9 in the BS section...and I think they said they wanted 10 in both science sections...