2011-2012 Medical University of South Carolina Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So sorry if this is redundant, I tried to look around but became impatient ;)

Does anyone know how many people MUSC usually takes from their alternate list?

Thanks and good luck to everyone still waiting!

I'm (impatiently) waiting myself! Most of what I've read/heard about the waitlist was from friends and SDN threads..cause of course I read as far back as possible :laugh:. I don't know how many people they pull from the wl exactly but a few people I have spoken to have all told me about the same thing ...that they at least get down to the middle... but of course every year is different! I wish I knew specifics myself it would definitely help my anxiety..and planning for this summer! :(

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah I've heard almost 50% some years, but I'm never told out of how many hopefuls. Grrrr..

Haha, well best of luck to you! Hopefully we will both be getting in :)

You can always call Wanda and she will tell you where are on the waitlist! Might be of some help if you want to know where you stand!! I am praying that we do, I really want to go this school!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am IS. [FIXED] Yes, I talked to Marshelle Grant today, and she alluded to MUSC hasn't finished taking hopefuls from their waiting list and there is movement!! (thanks JstKpTryn)

Last edited:
I called Mrs. Wanda yesterday to find out how the wl movement was looking.. I had planned to take a course over the summer and I would have to pay out of pocket (really sucks) and retake the mcat (death again). She said that they had received a good number of withdrawals (since its getting closer to the 15th). I was calling to find out my chances really.. especially if i am planning to have to shell out anything for this class. So hopefully they will be contacting us soon with good news.. Are you IS or OOS Darwinian Guru?

I'm OOS, I called yesterday as well and I was told that the withdrawals from the class had started coming in, and that she was optimistic they could start taking people off of the waitlist soon. She said to hang in there and that next week she might have better news. May 15th can't come soon enough.

I'm OOS, I called yesterday as well and I was told that the withdrawals from the class had started coming in, and that she was optimistic they could start taking people off of the waitlist soon. She said to hang in there and that next week she might have better news. May 15th can't come soon enough.

Is May 15ty THE day they let us know? I know it's the last day for people to withdraw and get their full refund, but when the heck do they start sending out offers? I'm pretty hypertensive over this :)

I don't think they will necessarily let anyone know on May 15th.

Even if you don't hear anything, that still doesn't mean you won't get in. Some people don't care about the deposit money as much as they do making the right decision about where they want to go to medical school for the next 4 years. Hang in there and keep your fingers crossed.

Last edited:

Even if you don't hear anything, that still doesn't mean you won't get in. Some people don't care about the deposit money as much as they do making the right decision about where they want to go to medical school for the next 4 years. Hang in there and keep your fingers crossed.

Agree, had a friend the class ahead of me accepted in July.

Cool. Thanks for the heads up. Happy May 15th. Now please excuse me while I step outside to sacrifice a small goat to honor and appease the Waiting-List Gods. :p Good luck everyone.

Cool. Thanks for the heads up. Happy May 15th. Now please excuse me while I step outside to sacrifice a small goat to honor and appease the Waiting-List Gods. :p Good luck everyone.

Just got accepted!!!! :laugh:

Just got off the OOS Waitlist and definitely accepting the offer. I'm excited to meet everyone!

Yes there is but it's a closed group. MUSC College of Medicine-Class of 2016.

Would you mind sending me a link? I can't seem to find it.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.