2011-2012 New York Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Received and submitted- is anyone seeing their secondary marked as complete on the status site? I'm assuming it takes a couple of days for them to validate it.

still nada

Members don't see this ad.

when I clicked submit, I was sent to the schools home page (no confirmation page etc.). Is that normal?

Members don't see this ad :)
when I clicked submit, I was sent to the schools home page (no confirmation page etc.). Is that normal?

I did get a confirmation page--after clicking submit, the website said "You have successfully completed the Medical School Admission's Secondary Application" etc and I received a credit card transaction reference number on that same page. Maybe email admissions to confirm that your application was successfully received on their end?

still nada

same for me...I submitted my secondary on 7/20 and so far my status page just confirms the receipt of my verified AMCAS and my payment. Nothing about the secondary itself or my letters shows up.

same for me...I submitted my secondary on 7/20 and so far my status page just confirms the receipt of my verified AMCAS and my payment. Nothing about the secondary itself or my letters shows up.

at least you guys got the secondary. im still waiting on it.

Still waiting here, too! What's the hold up? I was complete early!!

They send 'em out in batches..no need to worry..everyone will get one

When did you all receive the secondary? I was verified by AMCAS on 7/18 and all of my LOR have been received. Still no secondary...

When did you all receive the secondary? I was verified by AMCAS on 7/18 and all of my LOR have been received. Still no secondary...

They've been gradually going out all week. I don't think they're going by AMCAS date. Possibly alphabetically, possibly randomly.

Have no fear though, NYMC definitely wants your moneyz so you'll get it. I don't have it yet either but it'll definitely be coming today or next week sometime.

They've been gradually going out all week. I don't think they're going by AMCAS date. Possibly alphabetically, possibly randomly.

Have no fear though, NYMC definitely wants your moneyz so you'll get it. I don't have it yet either but it'll definitely be coming today or next week sometime.

Thanks.

I was complete on June 28th. Still no secondary, either.

I was complete on June 28th. Still no secondary, either.

I was complete on June 7th and my last name is towards the beginning of the alphabet, and I still haven't received it, so I don't really see the "method to the madness" here.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted 06/04 and was verified shortly after. Are any OOS receiving? I have an ok MCAT, but nothing crazy.

Still haven't gotten secondary... Verified second week of June.

HELPPP PLEASE, If your school has a Premed Committee, After you list the name of your college, Do you LIST the names of the Professors/Outside letters that make up the Committee letter package? Confused here :/

HELPPP PLEASE, If your school has a Premed Committee, After you list the name of your college, Do you LIST the names of the Professors/Outside letters that make up the Committee letter package? Confused here :/

No, the name of the college is sufficient enough. As stated in the secondary application instructions:

"If your college has a Premedical Advisory Committee, a single letter of evaluation from the Committee is preferred and will fulfill all undergraduate letter of evaluation requirements. A Committee letter does not require the names of individual letter writers."

More likely than not, the head of your Premed Committee will take all of your letters, turn it into one PDF file, and upload it to AMCAS.

I also received the secondary last week, but I was verified the first week of June.

Thanks kh48625 I was verified 6/19 and got the sec. this morning. OOS

When do people expect to hear back for interviews?

Does the partnership with Touro seem great for Touro and terrible for NYMC? I'm not applying here (as of now), but I'm curious about your thoughts.

still no secondary.. have others not received it yet or should i email them?

Pretty lame they dont consider Calculus or Chemical Engineering professors science for Letters of Recomendation

Last edited:
Still no secondary for me, was verified very early

If i got into NYMC id withdraw from every other school and go there, Ive heard good things from people that went there

still no secondary.. have others not received it yet or should i email them?

Hey hurricane123, it looks like you are applying here too? :D

It wouldn't hurt to shoot them an e-mail. Hopefully, it's not a repeat of UMASS... :uhno:

Oh no I just got the secondary app and it looks like they require biochem or an equivalent... just sent an email asking if one of my other courses will suffice (neurobiology, physiological psychology, biological psychology, drug actions on the nervous system, psychopharmacology...) Did anyone have this scare too?

Oh no I just got the secondary app and it looks like they require biochem or an equivalent... just sent an email asking if one of my other courses will suffice (neurobiology, physiological psychology, biological psychology, drug actions on the nervous system, psychopharmacology...) Did anyone have this scare too?

Nevermind... this is what I saw on the website:

Biochemistry, 1 semester or equivalent, with OR without lab (or 2nd semester Organic Chemistry with OR without lab)**

Sorry for the confusion.

I received the secondary this morning. However, I have not been verified by AMCAS yet. Should I send in the secondary now, or should I wait until I have been verified by AMCAS? I am OOS. Thanks for your help.

Got the secondary. Easiest so far!

Application complete!

Submitted on 7/20.

Easiest secondary yet! It made me very happy.. But I am a little confused because it didn't give me a confirmation email or anything.. and if I go back into the secondary app site, it doesn't tell me that I've submitted or anything either..
are other people running into the same thing?

I have a question. Should I bother submitting the secondary if I A) have a Committee Letter but B) do not have a letter of rec from a professor in my undergrad major?

I have a question. Should I bother submitting the secondary if I A) have a Committee Letter but B) do not have a letter of rec from a professor in my undergrad major?

try calling the office and see what they say

I think I'll be ok to submit after further reading. It seems that the requirement is only for those that do NOT have a Committee letter. Every place I see it says Committee letter OR letter from 2 science and one non-science with one from your major. But anyways I guess I'll call them.

I think I'll be ok to submit after further reading. It seems that the requirement is only for those that do NOT have a Committee letter. Every place I see it says Committee letter OR letter from 2 science and one non-science with one from your major. But anyways I guess I'll call them.

I'm pretty sure you're good to go.

"If your college has a Premedical Advisory Committee, a Letter of Evaluation from the Committee is preferred and will fulfill all undergraduate Letter of Evaluation requirements. A committee letter does not require the names of individual letter writers."

http://www.nymc.edu/Academics/SchoolOfMedicine/Admissions/HowToApply.html

I received the secondary this morning. However, I have not been verified by AMCAS yet. Should I send in the secondary now, or should I wait until I have been verified by AMCAS? I am OOS. Thanks for your help.

Same here! I didn't have my AMCAS submitted until 7/16 so I'm not expecting to be verified for a few more weeks. what to do, what to do...

Last edited:
Submitted today! This was definitely a really easy secondary, but I have a quick question..

I applied to NYMC last year and was hoping I could at least tell them how I improved my application. Do you guys think there is any way I can go about submitting that information to them?

Thanks!

Also received secondary today. Wonder when interviews will start going out :xf:

just got the secondary today.. trying to hustle out $110 dollars before i submit

Same here! I didn't have my AMCAS submitted until 7/16 so I'm not expecting to be verified for a few more weeks. what to do, what to do...

Me too... I submitted 7/16 and got the secondary this morning (my first one! :love:). I guess I'll just go ahead and submit it, can't see why it would hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.