2011-2012 New York Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Does NYMC give pre-interview rejections?

Yes they do (I have a friend who got one). If you haven't gotten one then you passed the initial screen and are under consideration for an interview.

Dear Octupus,

Congratulations! We are pleased to notify you that you have been accepted to the Class of 2016 in the School of Medicine at New York Medical

College. In addition to this e-mail notification, an official acceptance letter will be sent today to the permanent address listed on your AMCAS
application. Please let us know by return e-mail if you wish to accept our offer of acceptance. In addition, please sign and return the Terms and
Conditions of Acceptance document included in your official letter as soon as possible. (If you do not wish to accept this offer, please notify us of
your withdrawal by return e-mail.)

We are very excited about the prospect of you joining the NYMC community. Congratulations on this important achievement!

Sincerely,

Committee on Admissions

School of Medicine
New York Medical College
----------------------------------------

Committee LOR application - April 2011
AMCAS - July 2011
MCAT - May/August 2011
Application Reviewed at NYMC- October 2011
II- October 2011
Interview attended- mid January 2012
Accepted FINALLY MARCH 2012!!!!!!!!!!!

what a long long journey! :soexcited::biglove::soexcited:

Members don't see this ad :)
Dear Octupus,

Congratulations! We are pleased to notify you that you have been accepted to the Class of 2016 in the School of Medicine at New York Medical

College. In addition to this e-mail notification, an official acceptance letter will be sent today to the permanent address listed on your AMCAS
application. Please let us know by return e-mail if you wish to accept our offer of acceptance. In addition, please sign and return the Terms and
Conditions of Acceptance document included in your official letter as soon as possible. (If you do not wish to accept this offer, please notify us of

We are very excited about the prospect of you joining the NYMC community. Congratulations on this important achievement!

Sincerely,

Committee on Admissions

School of Medicine
New York Medical College

AMCAS - July 2011
MCAT - May/August 2011
II- October 2011

Holy coW!! congrats!!!!!!!:D

I just got my first acceptance too!!!!!!!!!! So excited, I can finally relax. I'm so happy I chose to apply here! I interviewed on 1/25 in case any one wants to know.

Last edited:
thanks guys!
I got the e-mail at 1:30 today and I interviewed on 1/17

Dear Octupus,

Sincerely,

Committee on Admissions

School of Medicine
New York Medical College

AMCAS - July 2011
MCAT - May/August 2011
II- October 2011

AHHHH I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! I was rooting for you! Glad to see that you made it! :) Congrats!

Dear Octupus,

Sincerely,

Committee on Admissions
School of Medicine
New York Medical College

AMCAS - July 2011
MCAT - May/August 2011
II- October 2011

Congratulations!!!

Dear Octupus,

Sincerely,

Committee on Admissions

School of Medicine
New York Medical College

AMCAS - July 2011
MCAT - May/August 2011
II- October 2011

Congratulations!!

aww thank you everybody! I feel loved hehe
Looking forward to meet you guys :love:

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a link to the facebook group somewhere out there?

aww thank you everybody! I feel loved hehe
Looking forward to meet you guys :love:

Just wondering, did you send in a letter of interest in between the time you interviewed and the time you heard?

3 weeks until the 8 week mark for me :)

Well done octopus! WOO!
THanks Alejandro!
Just wondering, did you send in a letter of interest in between the time you interviewed and the time you heard?

3 weeks until the 8 week mark for me :)

I sent a letter of interest along with an update for a recent publication 2 weeks post-interview.
:xf: for you!

Dear Octupus,

Sincerely,

Committee on Admissions

School of Medicine
New York Medical College

AMCAS - July 2011
MCAT - May/August 2011
II- October 2011

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope to be your classmate!!!!!!!:love::love::love:

:biglove: Thanks Sabrina! I hope you hear good news soon! :biglove:

The e-mail this afternoon really caught me by surprise. I had to ask my co-worker to read it to make sure I wasn't going crazy. Then I checked the e-mail address to make sure it was from NYMC and not one of my friends screwing around with me :laugh:. Proceeded to call my parents, brother, and a couple of close friends, then logged onto SDN to share the news with y'all

I was just put on the wait list today. interviewed on 1/26. Does nymc reject post interview or just put on wait list. When does the wait list start moving? only after may 15th?

thanks guys!
I got the e-mail at 1:30 today and I interviewed on 1/17

CONGRATSSSS! Soo happy for you, glad you finally heard and you're able to stay close to your family + friends. Best of luck with everything :)

Dear Octupus,

Sincerely,

Committee on Admissions

School of Medicine
New York Medical College
-----

RECEIVED THIS MESSAGE TOO YESTERDAY, it took me by surprise. I feel blessed, to have two acceptances after a brutal 09 cycle. Moral of the story is for anybody still waiting to keep your head up, stay positive and don't give up on your dream.Wishing you guys all the best.

Congrats to all! Does anyone know if there is a second look date?

Congrats to all the newly accepted! And if you are deciding to attend, welcome to the NYMC family! We (MS1s) just finished block 2 (party time!), so if you guys have questions PM me. To those still waiting, keep the faith! There is plenty of time left (though it may not seem like it)!

Congrats to all the newly accepted! And if you are deciding to attend, welcome to the NYMC family! We (MS1s) just finished block 2 (party time!), so if you guys have questions PM me. To those still waiting, keep the faith! There is plenty of time left (though it may not seem like it)!

How often do you (and/or other fellow classmates) go to NYC? What do you think about the commute? Do you need a car to get to the train station every time?

Waitlisted. Do they even send out post-interview rejections?

Does anyone know if they are still sending out interview invites? Thanks!

Could anybody tell me if their status page changed relative to what it says under "decisions" once they were accepted or wait listed...............I am trying to brace myself!

i think you'll get an email as soon as a decision is made. you will probably get the email before you notice the status page check

the general trend is getting an email before the status page. i wouldn't check the status page.

How often do you (and/or other fellow classmates) go to NYC? What do you think about the commute? Do you need a car to get to the train station every time?

Usually I go when time permits; at best, every other weekend. Some classmates frequent the city more. The commute is not that bad. Its about a 10min drive to the Valhalla or White Plains metro north station and about a 30min train ride to Grand Central. You do not absolutely need a car to get to the train station. It is possible to catch a ride with classmates, split a cab with classmates, or take the beeline bus x14 ($2.25) that stops outside campus housing to the metro north station. But in truth, having a car is preferable. Hope this info helps!

Sorry I might be dense but how did you get that number? Is there a match list posted with 22 less spots than the actual class?

on the MSAR it says there are 194 spots for this year's class (so I will assume last year is 194).

Looking at this year's match list, only 172 were matched according to their website: http://www.nymc.edu/Medical/match/2012/results.htm

So there would be 22 applicants that did not match. The national average is 5% do not match. According to this, 11% of the class did not match this year. I am not alarmed by this because it is based on individual performance but 2011 results show that every single student matched (http://www.nymc.edu/Medical/match/2011/results.htm). Just wondering what happened?

edit:
All other years seem to have around high 180's except for 2007 (177) but the match list looked competitive (by looking at the programs matched in).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.