2011-2012 The Commonwealth Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I interviewed here on 9/23 and have been checking the status page once a week. On 9/26 my status changed to "Decision Pending" and yesterday (10/10) my status changed to "Decision Pending Reviewed". Does anyone else have this status or any other status after this one because I am wondering if this means that they have already made their decision about me?

Members don't see this ad.

Me too, but I think once you are at the screeners, you will be decided upon relatively quickly. I think TCMC is actually being more transparent by updating us with this information. It could be true for other medical schools as well.

I was sent to screeners 8/25 and have not heard a word since

i interviewed here on 9/23 and have been checking the status page once a week. On 9/26 my status changed to "decision pending" and yesterday (10/10) my status changed to "decision pending reviewed". Does anyone else have this status or any other status after this one because i am wondering if this means that they have already made their decision about me?

+1

Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone please tell me how long has it taken to get the "Complete" status after submitting the supplemental and application fee?

Thanks!

what hotel did everyone stay at? can you just walk to the school or do u need transportation?

I interviewed here on 9/23 and have been checking the status page once a week. On 9/26 my status changed to "Decision Pending" and yesterday (10/10) my status changed to "Decision Pending Reviewed". Does anyone else have this status or any other status after this one because I am wondering if this means that they have already made their decision about me?

Same here. Don't know what it means.

what hotel did everyone stay at? can you just walk to the school or do u need transportation?

I'm planning on staying at the radission-its the cheapest option. From there to tcmc its about a mile away. according to mapquest.com, its about a 17min walk.

Schrute farms :thumbup: I highly recommend the Irrigation room with bedtime story services

Hilton. I think theres a shuttle that takes you (from what i heard from other people who stayed there as well). I ended up driving there but be aware that there are very (and i mean VERY) few spaces to park there without having to pay (max is 2 hrs so its not really an option).

On another note, I interviewed here and loved the facility. Everything was new and the students seemed very friendly. The library was a bit small in my opinion but then again, the incoming class size is only 65ish

Interview Invite just now!
I was waiting for a decision from other schools today, and I see a new email after refreshing my inbox several times, got nervous, and saw this. Very excited still :D

On another note, I interviewed here and loved the facility. Everything was new and the students seemed very friendly. The library was a bit small in my opinion but then again, the incoming class size is only 65ish

I agree with this completely but on the upside of small library, there seemed to be many open common areas that are likely great places to study. And the anatomy labs were also a significant highlight too.

Anyone else going crazy with this new non-rolling business? Ghah.

Members don't see this ad :)
i was sent to the screeners over two weeks ago, how long did it take yall to receive an interview invite? was it an email or status? thanks

i was sent to the screeners over two weeks ago, how long did it take yall to receive an interview invite? was it an email or status? thanks

Tomorrow I will have been complete for 3 weeks. I would assume that if they really like you (ie high stats) they will offer you an interview immediately (within a week or so of being complete). Then if you are just a regular applicant I imagine that it could take up to 6 weeks after being send to screeners. Just my thoughts....I hope i'm wrong and we both get an interview invite tomorrow! :xf:

I have Interview for December. Any way to speed this up? Anybody have any advice for my big day? !!! :)

no interview :(
Sent to screeners 9/28

If it's any consolation, I know that they're interviewing significantly less people this year than in the past. Last year I think they interviewed ~600-700 people; this year they told me they're only interviewing around 400

I emailed them about this, but they said they won't release their decisions until Dec 15th. Gluck to you man! I'm kinda in your boat. I interviewed on the 12th, and I thought it went really well. It's been a praying and waiting game ever since!

Interviewed here last month and had a great experience! If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask me.

Also, the school is on probation for financial reasons (not academic... which puts TCMC in a much better situation). Furthermore, numerous well-known med schools around the country have been in this exact predicament and made it out... look it up. Apparently the Dean of the school used to be on the accreditation board and knows exactly what to do and how to do it about getting the school off probation --- everyone was extremely confident with TCMC's future at the interview which I found to be very comforting.

Good luck to everyone! :)

Thanks for clearing that up! I was actually reading the beginning of this thread and it was also mentioned there. But I also just heard that the STEP 1 pass rate is 98%?! - 19:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tu1OGWqkrU

Last edited:
just declined my interview. Good luck everyone.

I emailed them about this, but they said they won't release their decisions until Dec 15th. Gluck to you man! I'm kinda in your boat. I interviewed on the 12th, and I thought it went really well. It's been a praying and waiting game ever since!

Good luck to you too! It is exactly 6 weeks from today until December 15th and the anticipation is killing me. I loved this school when I interviewed and thought my interviews went very well too. If I get in on the 15th I am most likely going to accept my offer especially since the regional campus selection is on a first come first serve basis. Are you thinking about accepting the offer as well?

Does anyone know if the class size will be 65 this year?

Yeah it will be 65 again. The LCME said that TCMC can expand the class size to about 120 after the first class graduates in 2013.

anyone know how long it is currently taking to go from "complete" --> "sent to screeners"?

It took me about 6 weeks before it was sent to screeners and another 2 weeks before an interview invite.
For those who interviewed already, any advices about Scranton and Commonwealth in general? What was the interview day like and how was the school itself?

just got a secondary invite.. i was done way back in august..

App complete 7/15. Sent to screeners 7/25. Invite for interview 8/30. I interviewed 9/19.

Does anyone know how many interviews they are granting?

The waiting is unbearable. I was invited for interview fairly early but since it's not rolling anymore, does that even matter / have an advantage? I want to go here so badly!

just got a secondary invite.. i was done way back in august..

Just got a secondary invite too! Submitted my primary 7/2

I didn't end up filling out the secondary after realizing it would be a poor fit, and also OOS #s aren't THAT high.

Sorry to piggyback on this thread. But does anyone have any information from their interview about what makes this school special? Thanks

Just got an interview invite! Very excited! :love:

I've been looking through this thread and I keep seeing mention of a post-interview decision on Dec. 15th. My interview is on Dec 12th. Does that mean I'd find out that day too, or would I have to wait for the next big release? (Hate all this waiting!! ahhhh!!! :eek: )

I've been looking through this thread and I keep seeing mention of a post-interview decision on Dec. 15th. My interview is on Dec 12th. Does that mean I'd find out that day too, or would I have to wait for the next big release? (Hate all this waiting!! ahhhh!!! :eek: )

Congrats! When were you sent to screeners?

Hey, I got the same email and set up my interview this morning. We're interviewing on the same day buddy. As for when we'd get a decision, I really doubt we'd get one by Dec 15th.

Hey, I got the same email and set up my interview this morning. We're interviewing on the same day buddy. As for when we'd get a decision, I really doubt we'd get one by Dec 15th.

Hey when were both of y'all sent to the screeners?

Thanks! And yay for same day interviews! Okay, so maybe it's asking a bit much to hear three days later, but hey, a girl can dream, right? haha :D

I was complete 8/31 and sent to the screeners 10/6. Nothing beats sitting around waiting to hear from these schools! ;)

Just got the interview invite myself! Definitely a pleasant surprise! I was complete way back in July so I had already assumed I was passed over.

I'm 99.9% sure that y'all will hear back the next release date - Feb. 24th. I'm pretty sure that's gonna go for anyone who interviews in December.

Congrats on the interview invites and good luck!

I'm 99.9% sure that y'all will hear back the next release date - Feb. 24th. I'm pretty sure that's gonna go for anyone who interviews in December.

Congrats on the interview invites and good luck!

Thank you! Ick. That will be another nasty wait! Why would the people who interviewed in the beginning of Dec have to wait as well? Do you know when the adcom meets each month, or did someone say this was the case?

Just saw that the 1st release date is the 16th of Dec, btw, not the 15th. :)

Thanks! And yay for same day interviews! Okay, so maybe it's asking a bit much to hear three days later, but hey, a girl can dream, right? haha :D

I was complete 8/31 and sent to the screeners 10/6. Nothing beats sitting around waiting to hear from these schools! ;)

Hey look at that. I was sent to the screeners on 10/6 as well.

Last edited:
Does anyone else check the status page hoping that a glitch in the system somehow reveals if we got accepted? ...or am I just crazy haha :rolleyes:

Hi guys, does anyone know how long the cab ride from the airport to the admissions office is? unfortunately, this is going to have be a quickie day trip for me, but i'm looking forward to checking out TCMC!

Just got an interview invite now!
Complete 8/25... not sure when I was sent to the screeners...
Scheduled interview for 1/13.

OOS, UG: 3.3 cGPA/ 3.0 sGPA, MS: 3.8, 30Q (third attempt....)

Congrats to those who also recently got interviews! Good luck!

Hey when were both of y'all sent to the screeners?

I was sent to the screeners on 9/28; for those of you complete early and not hearing back, it took me over two months to get from "Application Complete" to "Sent to Screeners"; I'm not sure why but it seems like some people's apps are moving more slowly.

Just got an interview invite now!
Complete 8/25... not sure when I was sent to the screeners...
Scheduled interview for 1/13.

OOS, UG: 3.3 cGPA/ 3.0 sGPA, MS: 3.8, 30Q (third attempt....)

Congrats to those who also recently got interviews! Good luck!

I scheduled the same date! I wanted to see if I could move up earlier but it seems like if I'm not going to be able to interview in the next couple weeks or so that I'm going to be on the same release date as the 1/13 date so it's sort of pointless to move up then.

Congrats to everyone who just got interviews!! :D

I called yesterday and asked about any openings before Dec. 12th and I was told they don't have anything earlier available. I saw mention of "waiting lists" for earlier interview slots on the old thread, but she didn't offer to take my name or get back in touch with me if something opened up, so I think we're "stuck" with what we have for the time being. Looks like we're all going to have to hold our breath until Feb. 24th. :thumbdown:

:xf: to everyone still waiting to hear from them!!

My status page still doesn't display the "complete" message, all I have is AMCAS app received and App fee paid
I paid on 10/28
still not a word on being complete yet...should I call them?

Would any current student comment on the school please?
Thank you,

I also got an II this morning.

Complete: 7/29
Screeners: 9/28
II: 11/15 for 1/13/12

sGPA: 3.97, cGPA 3.95, 28R (retake)

Status
Not open for further replies.