2013-2014 Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got accepted!!! First acceptance, interviewed 4/9. Got the call like 20 minutes ago and couldn't be happier. Good luck to everyone else still waiting to hear!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Just got off the phone with Dr. Callahan! My hands are still trembling! Interviewed 4/9 as well

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't checked yet, but I'm guessing no.

Edit: Confirmed nope. Now I'm checking my phone's call record to comfort myself...

Thanks. This gives me some hope. But, I imagine there are only 10-15 calls to make, so hope is dwindling fast...
Staring at my phone and trying to use jedi mind tricks to make it ring isn't helping.

Thanks. This gives me some hope. But, I imagine there are only 10-15 calls to make, so hope is dwindling fast...
Staring at my phone and trying to use jedi mind tricks to make it ring isn't helping.

** hugs **

I was under the impression that everyone got a call, regardless of whether they were accepted, HPL/WL, or rejected? Or am I making that up?

I was under the impression that everyone got a call, regardless of whether they were accepted, HPL/WL, or rejected? Or am I making that up?

My understanding is that those accepted get calls and all others get emails.

this was the last regular committee meeting right? do they hold meetings for the waitlist decisions?

this was the last regular committee meeting right? do they hold meetings for the waitlist decisions?

Yes, this was the last regular committee meeting. I don't know how they work waitlist decisions.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I so desperately want to help someone get off the WL at Drexel :)

I so desperately want to help someone get off the WL at Drexel :)
I want to help someone get off the WL at Downstate. Fingers crossed @ HPWL for me too (since Feb)...

Just got the HPWL email, too. Do they send out WL/rejection emails or do most people get HPWL? ...trying to judge how optimistic I should be about this, haha.

I got accepted!!! First acceptance, interviewed 4/9. Got the call like 20 minutes ago and couldn't be happier. Good luck to everyone else still waiting to hear!
Just got off the phone with Dr. Callahan! My hands are still trembling! Interviewed 4/9 as well
Ahhh! I'm so excited for you guys!

Got the call yesterday! Interviewed 4/2. Couldn't be more excited. Absolutely loved Jefferson!

has anyone heard from financial aid yet? financial aid is a big factor in my decision making as may 15 approaches, so i'm anxiously waiting to hear..

Doctor Strange, can you speak about the committee process of reviewing the WL? Is it the same group of people who initially review applications post-interview and decide to place students on the WL? Do they choose in ways to maintain the diversity of the class they originally filled? Any ideas on this would be appreciated! But if you do not know such details, or are not at liberty to speak about them...it's understandable. Thanks in advance for your response.

has anyone heard from financial aid yet? financial aid is a big factor in my decision making as may 15 approaches, so i'm anxiously waiting to hear..

I have received my financial aid package. At the second look day event they said that over 60 already went out and if didn't receive one it was since there was something missing in your paperwork. She added the at this point there is about a week turnaround once all info is in. You should contact the office directly and ask what your status is if you think you should have received your package.
Good Luck!

To check your unsatisfied requirements for financial aid, you can log onto https://banner.jefferson.edu.

1. Banner Web Login
2. Login with your campus key (e.g., abc123) and password
3. Financial Aid
4. Financial Aid Status
5. Select "2014-2015 Academic Year"
6. Click "student requirements"

Hope that helps.

Bumping this for people asking about their financial aid status.

Doctor Strange, can you speak about the committee process of reviewing the WL? Is it the same group of people who initially review applications post-interview and decide to place students on the WL? Do they choose in ways to maintain the diversity of the class they originally filled? Any ideas on this would be appreciated! But if you do not know such details, or are not at liberty to speak about them...it's understandable. Thanks in advance for your response.
I unfortunately have no clue.

I have received my financial aid package. At the second look day event they said that over 60 already went out and if didn't receive one it was since there was something missing in your paperwork. She added the at this point there is about a week turnaround once all info is in. You should contact the office directly and ask what your status is if you think you should have received your package.
Good Luck!

Thanks! I couldn't make it to second look so I appreciate the info. All my requirements have been complete since March, so maybe I'll give them a call.

Tough decision, but withdrew my acceptance last week. I hope one of you gets it!

Reactions: 5 users
Made an account just to give people some hope

ACCEPTED off the HPWL!!!!

Interviewed 03/26; HPWL 04/08; Accepted 7am (Pacific time) this morning

I emailed an update letter last night and was accepted first thing this morning

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Made an account just to give people some hope

ACCEPTED off the HPWL!!!!

Interviewed 03/26; HPWL 04/08; Accepted 7am (Pacific time) this morning

I emailed an update letter last night and was accepted first thing this morning

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!
Wow!!! CONGRATS! Did they call you that early? Or email?

Does Dr. Callahan call on any days besides Wednesdays?!

Declined my acceptance today. Good luck to those of you hoping for an acceptance from the waitlist!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know when orientation starts? I'm on the HPWL so I just want to make sure my summer plans don't conflict with it in case I get in!

According to past years threads the waitlist calls are not on any particular day
According to the past 3 years' sdn posts, there should be more individuals accepted off the HPWL already-maybe there's a delay this year like last yr.

Accepted off HPWL!!! Got the call this afternoon.

Reactions: 7 users
Can any current students comment on the College within a College, Population Health Track. Can you still apply before M1 year, or can you only apply once you are an M1?

This may be a dumb question, but if you have multiple acceptances and have decided to choose Jeff, does anything have to be done other than sending them an email saying you've decided to attend? Thanks!

Can any current students comment on the College within a College, Population Health Track. Can you still apply before M1 year, or can you only apply once you are an M1?
Applications open in the winter, meaning you can only apply after you start. There will be plenty of information (and free food) on this during orientation week and when the deadline starts drawing closer.

This may be a dumb question, but if you have multiple acceptances and have decided to choose Jeff, does anything have to be done other than sending them an email saying you've decided to attend? Thanks!
Withdraw your other acceptances, and you should be good.