2013-2014 Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
JUST got an II last night!! I was CONVINCED this school had me on the reject list by now. Will be interviewing next week, 04/09, SO EXCITED!!! Anyone have any advice for the interview? I've only had two MMI's, so I'm not sure exactly what to expect here. Did you guys have more than one interviewer?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
JUST got an II last night!! I was CONVINCED this school had me on the reject list by now. Will be interviewing next week, 04/09, SO EXCITED!!! Anyone have any advice for the interview? I've only had two MMI's, so I'm not sure exactly what to expect here. Did you guys have more than one interviewer?
Congrats! Care to share your stats? Did you send any updates or letters of interest or anything?

Congrats! Care to share your stats? Did you send any updates or letters of interest or anything?

Thanks! 36 MCAT (11 V, 12 B, 13 PS), 3.4 GPA. I did Chemical Engineering in undergrad at a really difficult engineering school, which is why my undergrad GPA is on the lower side. Finishing my masters in Chemical Engineering right now and have a 3.7 GPA, though.

I sent in a lot of updates and a letter of interest. I also sent in an additional letter of recommendation last week, which I think may have helped.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks. Your app is way better than mine, LOL...so I'll just keep assuming rejection!

Thanks. Your app is way better than mine, LOL...so I'll just keep assuming rejection!
You never know what they're looking for! I've talked to a lot of admissions people and the consensus I get is that at this point, they are looking for people who show a lot of interest in their school! So I would still keep sending in updates/letters to schools. Good luck!!

PM sent.

Definitely let them know you're still interested if you haven't lately. I have <3.3 GPA and recently received an interview invite shortly after updating.

You never know what they're looking for! I've talked to a lot of admissions people and the consensus I get is that at this point, they are looking for people who show a lot of interest in their school! So I would still keep sending in updates/letters to schools. Good luck!!

Thanks for the update. I'm still waiting on a reply from them. Knowing that the last interview is on April 9th is just nerve wrecking.

Could you share what sort of updates you shared? Because I recently got a clerical job at a pediatric office and doing animal work in research. But I don't know if these are worth sharing. I don't want to make myself look bad. Also how did you approach the letter of interest? Did you tell them this is your first choice/you're still waiting? And is this too late in the game to send them such emails? I feel like I'm going to sound soo desperate.

Thanks for the update. I'm still waiting on a reply from them. Knowing that the last interview is on April 9th is just nerve wrecking.

Could you share what sort of updates you shared? Because I recently got a clerical job at a pediatric office and doing animal work in research. But I don't know if these are worth sharing. I don't want to make myself look bad. Also how did you approach the letter of interest? Did you tell them this is your first choice/you're still waiting? And is this too late in the game to send them such emails? I feel like I'm going to sound soo desperate.

At this point could anything really hurt? I would share any updates to academics or work or volunteer experience and tell them why you're specifically interested in their school. Since I'm OOS I also made a point to note that I would be available to interview on a last minute's notice.

At this point could anything really hurt? I would share any updates to academics or work or volunteer experience and tell them why you're specifically interested in their school. Since I'm OOS I also made a point to note that I would be available to interview on a last minute's notice.

To Whom did you send the update? Just to the office of admissions?

Edit: Nevermind!

Sorry, I have to reiterate Xenophon's question: to whom to send the updates? I sent one to Dr. Brooks but no reply.

Sorry, I have to reiterate Xenophon's question: to whom to send the updates? I sent one to Dr. Brooks but no reply.

I sent an update to the admissions office, with a letter addressed to Dr. Callahan about a month ago and received an II 3 days later. Dr. Brooks receives over 600 emails a day from applicants and Dr. Callahan receives double that. If they have not responded to your e-mail, you shouldn't assume they didn't appreciate it or read it. Good luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone still have decision pending status...?

Reactions: 1 user
I do, as of right now.

Me. But interviews are over here, right?

Not over yet.. next week is the last interview date scheduled as far as I know though.

Could be filled up already but it seems some invites have been given very recently based on this thread.

A friend of mine got an II call from Dr. Brooks today. No email yet, but status changed online. April 9th.
She had just sent an update a few days prior.
Her stats ~JMC average, OOS.

Refused my interview about a week ago. Sad that I won't be able to see the campus.

Just wanted say thanks to everyone here, who have really been helpful and generous. I feel like I can actually contribute now (first sdn post).

Interviewed: Wed. 3/19/14
Decision: Acceptance call from Dr. Callahan yesterday (Mon. 4/7/14, 3:46PM EDT)

Reactions: 3 users
Just wanted say thanks to everyone here, who have really been helpful and generous. I feel like I can actually contribute now (first sdn post).

Interviewed: Wed. 3/19/14
Decision: Acceptance call from Dr. Callahan yesterday (Mon. 4/7/14, 3:46PM EDT)

CONGRATULATIONS!

That's very encouraging news for those of us who've/who will be interviewing these last few Wednesdays.

Soooo I can no longer see my "decision pending" status. It only shows that I have submitted and application under "submitted applications".

Soooo I can no longer see my "decision pending" status. It only shows that I have submitted and application under "submitted applications".

I believe tomorrow is the final interview day so it is very likely there are no IIs left and they will soon release everyone from pre-interview hold ("decision pending").

Last edited:
Interviewing tomorrow!! I am so excited!! If anyone has some advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

Interviewing tomorrow!! I am so excited!! If anyone has some advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

Just relax, the interviews are really very casual and stress-free. Student interview is just to get a feel if they can see you being part of the Jefferson community and faculty interview is pretty standard. Mostly conversational and not really any tough questions. I think both are slated for a half hour but the student interview can run shorter and the faculty one longer. If you can, hang out afterwards at cookie hour to chat with students and the deans. Also, skip breakfast because lunch is fantastic.

Official rejection email today. Been decision pending since August so I'm definitely not surprised. I'm glad they sent an official notification though instead of silence.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Made sure to withdraw a couple weeks ago to avoid getting the rejection. I showed them! :laugh:

is the consensus that wait list movement starts in may?

Does anyone else have insight into this? Also, does anyone have an idea of how many people are on the HPW vs how many will be accepted?

And finally the rejection comes. What a long wait. Good luck to all those still in the running!

Sorry to hear about all the rejections, figured they were coming today as its the last interview day scheduled.

Does anyone else have insight into this? Also, does anyone have an idea of how many people are on the HPW vs how many will be accepted?

Take a look through past threads to get an idea of when waitlist movement starts? I think early May is a good guess. No-one really knows how many are on the HPWL but I'd wager its a decently large list just from what we see posted here. I think chances are good to come off it though, the stat they give is that 1/3 of the class typically comes off the waitlist so that's around 90 people.

If you have the MSAR, you can figure out how many people they interview a year to get some perspective on that number as well.

Just got a phone call from Dr. Callahan with the best news I've gotten all year. Good luck to everybody else!

Just got to the airport after my day at Jefferson. Loved it. Stayed for cookie hour and met the two heads of admissions. Hoping for great news going forward.

Sorry to hear about all the rejections, figured they were coming today as its the last interview day scheduled.

Take a look through past threads to get an idea of when waitlist movement starts? I think early May is a good guess. No-one really knows how many are on the HPWL but I'd wager its a decently large list just from what we see posted here. I think chances are good to come off it though, the stat they give is that 1/3 of the class typically comes off the waitlist so that's around 90 people.

If you have the MSAR, you can figure out how many people they interview a year to get some perspective on that number as well.
I just looked at the past years threads.
It looks like the first week of May is when the HPWL has started moving the past few years.

I still haven't received the rejection email, so strange. Anyone else?

I just looked at the past years threads.
It looks like the first week of May is when the HPWL has started moving the past few years.
I looked at this too. I didn't get the impression a lot of SDN people ended up getting off the waitlist. And it seemed like after the flurry of acceptences in May there was no one on SDN accepted off the waitlist.

I guess we can only hope that this year there is more!

I looked at this too. I didn't get the impression a lot of SDN people ended up getting off the waitlist. And it seemed like after the flurry of acceptences in May there was no one on SDN accepted off the waitlist.

I guess we can only hope that this year there is more!
Im on the HPWL as well, and even though I am embarrassed to admit it, I went through this years thread and there are only around 20-25 sdn people who have said they been accepted. So I hope/dont think that the sdn population is nearly representative of the actual number of acceptances and waitlist movement...if that makes sense. Maybe I am just trying to find justification to remain optimistic haha.

Reactions: 1 users
Im on the HPWL as well, and even though I am embarrassed to admit it, I went through this years thread and there are only around 20-25 sdn people who have said they been accepted. So I hope/dont think that the sdn population is nearly representative of the actual number of acceptances and waitlist movement...if that makes sense. Maybe I am just trying to find justification to remain optimistic haha.

Again, the deans said themselves around 1/3 of the class (~90) people come off the waitlists every year. There's almost no movement on the regular waitlist so most of that is from the HPWL. You can't tell how great your odds are because we don't know how many people are on the list total.. but SDN is not a representative population (for this or in general).

In case you guys haven't seen it yet, here is the matriculation requirements page: http://www.jefferson.edu/university/jmc/admissions/apply/matriculation.html
Fun fact: our website is brand new! :D

EDIT: I recommend you start fulfilling your health requirements as soon as possible. It can take awhile to process all the information, especially when everyone else is rushing to do it during the summer.

EDIT 2: As always, if you guys have any questions, please feel free to ask here or PM me. I try to respond within twelve hours.

Last edited: