2013-2014 Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah I'm getting an error stating "Previous Application Year year must be a valid year between 1900 and current year." I put in 2012, but it won't accept it. tried different browsers without luck. ideas????

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone else get an II? I submitted on the 9th but still at "decision pending"

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, rfenzo, your post prompted me to check my status for the tenth time today, and it's changed to "Interview offered"! Remind me to thank you in person on 9/18. Gah, so happy! Submitted on 7/9.

Thanks, rfenzo, your post prompted me to check my status for the tenth time today, and it's changed to "Interview offered"! Remind me to thank you in person on 9/18. Gah, so happy! Submitted on 7/9.

Congrats! Sounds good, can't wait until the 19th!

And kjsfd, stats are 3.5 36

Ugh. Same. For all of you guys with II were you complete on the 9th? I submitted on the 9th, but they didn't get my letters til the 11th.

Exact same dates for me. Still at decision pending.

Members don't see this ad :)
sigh I haven't even received my secondary yet and I was verified before 6/28

Wait, so has anyone actually gotten complete emails?

When I login it says Yes, Yes, Yes to everything and Decision Pending.

I submitted 7/9 and haven't heard a thing since.

Wait, so has anyone actually gotten complete emails?

When I login it says Yes, Yes, Yes to everything and Decision Pending.

I submitted 7/9 and haven't heard a thing since.

Nope, I had to call them and ask about the letters.

II today! Interviewing on 9/18!
+1 Whoo! Can't wait to see you guys on the 18th, but how is this going to work exactly -
"Hi rfenzo, I'm doktorious, nice to meet you."
"Well hello doktorious, nice to meet you too."

On a more serious note, does anyone know what type of questions and format (Panel, single) we should expect? I hear mixed reviews...

One student and one faculty interview. Student is very casual, faculty has your AMCAS. They ask the basic questions... Why medicine? Why Jefferson? Tell me about yourself.. Talk about your experiences... Etc. Etc. Etc. Nothing too strange or tricky.

This is a pretty general question but is applicable to Jefferson. When a school says

"We prefer to receive a recommendation from a preprofessional committee. If there is no such committee, letters should be provided by individual faculty members (one letter each from Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Humanities, if possible). "

does this mean that just having a committee letter (and not the other 4) is sufficient to met their letter requirements? The school I go to has a committee letter, and appends 3 individual LORs. All of mine are from my major (engineering - although they are professor, PI, and service program director, they are all technically engineering professors). I know Jefferson is pretty flexible when it comes to letters but I've seen many other schools with similar statements.

This is a pretty general question but is applicable to Jefferson. When a school says

"We prefer to receive a recommendation from a preprofessional committee. If there is no such committee, letters should be provided by individual faculty members (one letter each from Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Humanities, if possible). "

does this mean that just having a committee letter (and not the other 4) is sufficient to met their letter requirements? The school I go to has a committee letter, and appends 3 individual LORs. All of mine are from my major (engineering - although they are professor, PI, and service program director, they are all technically engineering professors). I know Jefferson is pretty flexible when it comes to letters but I've seen many other schools with similar statements.

Committee letters or packets trump ALL requirements. My committee letter was basically a cover letter to my six professor letters, so I had seven letters in the packet.

I have a 31 and 3.9 (not amazing but not autoscreen worthy) and haven't heard back from Jefferson...was verified a week ago. Is this abnormal? I have received nearly all my other secondaries.

I found one schools secondary in my spam and am not paranoid I have deleted the ones I think I haven't received. Did the email notification go to anyone's spam inbox?

I didnt find the option where I could tell them I don't have a chemistry letter since my prof left the school, and to use another letter instead. I submitted my secondary anyways. How are we supposed to tell them this?

I have a 31 and 3.9 (not amazing but not autoscreen worthy) and haven't heard back from Jefferson...was verified a week ago. Is this abnormal? I have received nearly all my other secondaries.

I found one schools secondary in my spam and am not paranoid I have deleted the ones I think I haven't received. Did the email notification go to anyone's spam inbox?

I am in the same boat. I have been verified for a week or so and I have not received a secondary yet.

IIRC, Jeff sends secondaries in waves as to avoid server overload.

You are correct! Everyone gets a secondary, it just takes a while.

Don't freak out though, applicants who may still be waiting. There are only 2 people who read the applications here, and if memory serves they don't even begin until at least after the first years have begun so you're not falling behind the pack at all.

Our secondary is easy though, so just sit tight and it'll come. I know it's nerve wracking and will be a long year for you.

I should also mention that if you have a situation-specific question that is unique and might not be answered here by current Jeff students or your fellow applicants, the admissions office and Drs. Brooks and Callahan are incredibly helpful and kind people to contact!

I got an interview invite for 9/18! See you others there!

anyone else have the errors appear after submitting the application...it might be due to copy and paste...any news on this situation?

Anyone else had this happen? I submitted and it says something about "invalid characters" and now the status page says that my secondary isn't submitted and my SSN is blank! I didn't even copy/paste either.

Congrats! Stats? When were you complete? by email or by status change?

^SDN (super duper neurotic) :laugh:

I got an email. I'm OOS, complete 7-10, 3.9 GPA, 32 MCAT, and a lot of EC.

Can someone please post the secondary prompt? Thank you.

Specifically:
If there is any additional information you would like to provide please include it in the box below.
(*** Please limit your response to 4000 characters and do not cut and paste. ***)

Sorry if this has been answered already but does Jefferson require a picture for the secondary?

Submitted my secondary yesterday (7/28). I received it about a week after verification.

I had a question though - if your app says Yes/Yes/Yes + Decision Pending for the II does that mean it's complete? I thought I read something about completing another paper application (self managed or something) in addition to the online one, but maybe I already covered that?

Also re: a picture in general, is it ok to wear a nice shirt and tie in the picture, or should you be wearing a nice suit?

Submitted my secondary yesterday (7/28). I received it about a week after verification.

I had a question though - if your app says Yes/Yes/Yes + Decision Pending for the II does that mean it's complete? I thought I read something about completing another paper application (self managed or something) in addition to the online one, but maybe I already covered that?

Also re: a picture in general, is it ok to wear a nice shirt and tie in the picture, or should you be wearing a nice suit?

Just a tie is fine... You don't really see much in a headshot.

How strictly does Jefferson enforce the individual letter from a bio, chem, and physics professor if your school does not offer a committee letter?

edit

Last edited:
I am assuming yes. Out of the 22 schools I wrote secondaries for only 2 didn't include spaces.

On their site: You may direct exemption requests to the Committee on Admissions using the optional information section on the Secondary Application.

Do we need to say in the optional information section why we don't have physics/chemistry/bio letters? I have two letters from bio professors, my other professors taught in a huge classroom setting and would not contribute meaningful letters. what do I do?

thanks.

On their site: You may direct exemption requests to the Committee on Admissions using the optional information section on the Secondary Application.

Do we need to say in the optional information section why we don't have physics/chemistry/bio letters? I have two letters from bio professors, my other professors taught in a huge classroom setting and would not contribute meaningful letters. what do I do?

thanks.

If it says to do you, you probably should.

Yay!! Sent in my secondary on Monday the 29th and received and invitation for an interview yesterday!!! This is so exciting. See you guys on 9/18 :)

I completely forgot to mention my LOR exemptions in the optional essay portion of the app. Just emailed them and hopefully i dont get rejected because of that :(

Yay!! Sent in my secondary on Monday the 29th and received and invitation for an interview yesterday!!! This is so exciting. See you guys on 9/18 :)

Wow they must really not want me :( I submitted on July 9th! lol