2013-2014 Ohio State University College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How long does it take to get a secondary invite..? I was invited to make my OSU account but no secondary :/

It took a couple of days before I got the secondary.

Members don't see this ad.

II today!! OOS. Has anyone rescheduled the interview date they gave to you, and if so how flexible are they with that?

They are super flexible. I even got moved 3 weeks earlier than my original date so I can't complain :)

Members don't see this ad :)
II! Holy crap! They e-mailed me a "status change" e-mail and I was shaking too hard to figure out my stupid password because I was so nervous it was a rejection.

OOS, 3.6-3.7c/sGPA, 37 MCAT, no ties, submitted 9/3. Very excited about this!!

Does anyone know if OSU plans on making phone calls to those accepted like in the past? It looks like Dean Capers made phone calls starting at 12am Oct. 15 last year, but they told us Oct.16 at the interview. Just wondering when I should start getting nervous!
Good question. I'm not sure, but here's my two cents.

Just opened up last year's thread, and it seems as though interviewed candidates were told to actually expect a call on the 15th, potentially around midnight. It seems as though the set-up this year is different: we were told to expect a status change on the 16th (or did it say _by_ the 16th?).

Given the actual acceptance delivery method/time aligned with what interviewed candidates were told to expect last year, I think we shouldn't necessarily expect anything until the 16th.

II today! Is it typical to have an interview so far ahead of the offer (interview scheduled Dec. 2nd, offered 10/9)?

Complete 7/23

II today! Is it typical to have an interview so far ahead of the offer (interview scheduled Dec. 2nd, offered 10/9)?

Complete 7/23

Sounds about right. I got my ii in early July for an interview two months later.

Does anyone know if OSU plans on making phone calls to those accepted like in the past? It looks like Dean Capers made phone calls starting at 12am Oct. 15 last year, but they told us Oct.16 at the interview. Just wondering when I should start getting nervous!

I heard at my interview that we could expect phone calls, but our online status would not show the change till the 16th.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I was on the OSU site today and saw something that said that after we get accepted, we have 2 weeks to decline or accept the offer. I thought we had until May of next yr to decide on a school?

Here's where I found it: 2nd to last page under "acceptances", first paragraph.
http://medicine.osu.edu/sitetool/si...dentspublic/2007_Preparing_for_Med_School.pdf

That's normal. You have to accept within two weeks and pay a deposit that's refundable until May. If you change your mind, you withdraw your acceptance and get your money back. Make sense?

Sure, complete 9/25. Interview rescheduling was easy, I made mine for 11/13!

That's normal. You have to accept within two weeks and pay a deposit that's refundable until May. If you change your mind, you withdraw your acceptance and get your money back. Make sense?

Ooh I see, that makes sense now. Thanks for clearing that up for me!

Hey guys. MS1 here - if you have any questions, feel free to PM/ask! I've also been a tour guide/planning on more for the future on several occasions so hopefully I get to interact some of y'all (even though we may never know ;) )

At my interview date they did not say anything about calls just about a status change on the 16 th...

At my interview date they did not say anything about calls just about a status change on the 16 th...

Same here. They gave us a coaster sized piece of cardboard that told us to check status on the 16th, but in thinking about it i could see how a status change is guaranteed while an acceptance call is not. I don't think anyone would get mad if Dean Capers called them a day early with good news...

Sure, complete 9/25. Interview rescheduling was easy, I made mine for 11/13!
So it seems like people who were complete after me are getting interviews....Does this mean I've been passed over into the silent rejection category?

How late does OSU interview?

Last cycle, they interviewed into late March. I believe their last interview date is 3/31 this cycle.

So it seems like people who were complete after me are getting interviews....Does this mean I've been passed over into the silent rejection category?

Don't lose hope! I was complete last year the first week of August, but didn't get an interview until mid-March. I was accepted immediately after my interview, without being put on a waitlist. They are continuously reviewing applications and even if you interview late, there are still spots in the class left for you!

Interviewing on 10/30! Anyone else, by chance, also flying over from CA?

No love from my home school yet, I'm about to walk over to the admissions office on my lunch break and ask what gives ha

I don't think so. My date got passed, I was getting bummed, I wound up getting an II.

Dr. Capers just called me and woke me up out of a dead sleep - Accepted! I'm so happy!!! Interviewed and fell in love with OSU on 9/11.

Got the call a little before 2 am. Not entirely sure, but I think I asked Capers if I was dreaming :)

accepted with a scholarship! :) still feeling very surreal at the moment.

Also got the call from Dr Capers at 2am but I missed it!! Congratulations everybody! It feels so surreal I'm shaking! Interviewed 9/5! Good luck everyone this is one amazing school!

To those who just got acceptances or defers -did any of you get a notice for a status change this morning? Thanks!

Congrats to those who were accepted!! Has anyone got any II's lately?

#thatawkwardmoment when you were a few beers deep when Dr. Capers called...

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats on the acceptances guys! Hope y'all consider coming here in August. For those of you still waiting - there's still plenty of time!!

Congrats everyone. OSU provides an excellent medical education, we are competitive for many great residencies and are often sought after. I hope you all consider coming here.

Plus cbus is a great city

Deferred. :(

Does anyone know what the movement looks like as far as getting off the list?
Also, is it considered acceptable to call and ask what is lacking on your app to improve on this cycle, or is that only when you get rejected.

Thanks!

Accepted!!! My first (and only) acceptance, this feels amazing!! :)