2013-2014 Tufts University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was finally officially transferred to the wait list today for the Maine Track. Was anybody accepted or rejected today or was this just the formality that we, the deferred applicants, have been expecting?

Perhaps this is a good sign for regular MD applicants that we will be hearing soon.

Keep fighting the good fight!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anybody else send their financial aid packets for mainetrack in past the deadline and receive any info yet? I sent mine mid-April. I know that's super late!

I was finally officially transferred to the wait list today for the Maine Track. Was anybody accepted or rejected today or was this just the formality that we, the deferred applicants, have been expecting?
Wait. I thought deferred applicants are accepted except for the fact that they don't know if they'd have a spot this year? What do you mean you were transferred to the wait list?

Members don't see this ad :)
Deferred, in this case, just means no official decision (accept, reject, waitlist) has been made

Wait. I thought deferred applicants are accepted except for the fact that they don't know if they'd have a spot this year? What do you mean you were transferred to the wait list?
No, the response you received was very unusual. Deferral for most applicants means they just haven't made a decision on accept, waitlist or reject yet.

So congrats on getting pulled from deferral to an acceptance, even if it may be delayed, that is awesome!

Was just offered a position on the WL... Movement not to be expected until mid June

Just went from deferral to rejection

Wow what the crap!? I'm sorry! I thought we'd all get placed on the waitlist.
I just went from deferred to waitlist, but I'm sorry to hear they rejected deferred people at this point.

Wow what the crap!? I'm sorry! I thought we'd all get placed on the waitlist.
I just went from deferred to waitlist, but I'm sorry to hear they rejected deferred people at this point.
Eh I'm not really surprised, I had one good interview and one extremely weird one. Good luck to you all on the WL though!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone else NOT heard anything back from Tufts yet? Still waiting for a decision on my deferred application...

Has anyone else NOT heard anything back from Tufts yet? Still waiting for a decision on my deferred application...

Oh that's strange! Surely they'll fix that before the end of this week. Might not be a bad idea to contact them and ask?

I contacted them today and they said there hadn't been any change in status on deferred applicants and that I should wait 1-2 weeks :mad: which is clearly not true. I think I will call them again on Friday like SixStringPsych suggested.

I will be withdrawing my acceptance today, hopefully one of you can benefit from this.

I contacted them today and they said there hadn't been any change in status on deferred applicants and that I should wait 1-2 weeks :mad: which is clearly not true. I think I will call them again on Friday like SixStringPsych suggested.

I haven't heard back yet either and haven't been able to get a hold of anyone on the phone today. Any updates?

Did they give you a different answer?

Woops sorry for the belated reply folks! They said that the committee was meeting this Friday and that I should hope to hear back earliest Monday of next week. I am expecting this goes for anyone else who is still under active consideration. I'm guessing they are looking at our applications in batches?

Woops sorry for the belated reply folks! They said that the committee was meeting this Friday and that I should hope to hear back earliest Monday of next week. I am expecting this goes for anyone else who is still under active consideration. I'm guessing they are looking at our applications in batches?
They've been saying this since 5/15 and its been like 2.5 weeks.... Sigh.

Going to Morocco for a few weeks in a remote village with only a satellite phone for emergencies. I was thinking of buying some string, one end at my mailbox in the US with a note reading "attach Tufts mail to string and pull twice" and the other end in Morocco, attached to a bell.

They've been saying this since 5/15 and its been like 2.5 weeks.... Sigh.

MsTeacup did you end up getting the acceptance? I recall you got a guaranteed spot next year and also a spot this year if spots open up.
I'm only asking because clearly the waitlist won't move until you get in first! :)

MsTeacup did you end up getting the acceptance? I recall you got a guaranteed spot next year and also a spot this year if spots open up.
I'm only asking because clearly the waitlist won't move until you get in first! :)
I actually haven't heard from them yet.... Sigh

I actually haven't heard from them yet.... Sigh

Bummer :-/
Well definitely cool that you have a yes for next year and pretty much first pick when enough people decline this year :)

has anyone gotten off the waitlist yet? so anxious!

has anyone gotten off the waitlist yet? so anxious!

Nope. I don't believe it's been touched yet. Even the people who got automatic acceptances when spots open up OR a guaranteed spot next year haven't gotten in yet apparently.
I'm not counting on it :-/

I got the call for an acceptance while I was in Morocco. Just listened to it last night. I'm pretty excited. Best of luck to all of you and I hope there is more movement on the waitlist! :)

Reactions: 1 users
I got the call for an acceptance while I was in Morocco. Just listened to it last night. I'm pretty excited. Best of luck to all of you and I hope there is more movement on the waitlist! :)
Congrats! Would you mind telling us whether you're Maine or regular track, and whether you were on the wait list or the deferred list when you got the call?

Congratulations! It's so nice to see someone move up out of the waitlist after not seeing movement for so long! :highfive:

Congratulations on your acceptance from Morocco. Some movement is giving me hope!

Hmmmmm ... I haven't heard back at all and I supposedly have priority over WL people

I was just about to ask you Ms Teacup! That's pretty strange. Maybe he/she got the same email as y'all?

I was just about to ask you Ms Teacup! That's pretty strange. Maybe he/she got the same email as y'all?

I believe that the Maine track and Boston track waitlists are separate. Therefore if he/she was accepted into the Maine track it would be independent from the candidates who received that email.

Congrats! Would you mind telling us whether you're Maine or regular track, and whether you were on the wait list or the deferred list when you got the call?
I am a Mainetrack student and I was on the same list as Ms Teacup, which was basically a guaranteed acceptance for this year or the next. Sorry for the confusion, guys!

Because I'm Maine track, people on the regular track and on the "preferred waitlist" will probably find out at a different time?

Ah I see I see. I am on the Boston track waitlist. Thanks for clarifying xirex7 and congratulations once again!

Does anyone know if ANYONE has been taken off the waitlist?
Seriously... Is this the first time Tufts has not taken anyone off the WL?
This sort of makes me want to play the lotto.

^Apparently nobody did last year either.

Does anyone know if ANYONE has been taken off the waitlist?
Seriously... Is this the first time Tufts has not taken anyone off the WL?
This sort of makes me want to play the lotto.

Yes. Someone I know was taken off the waitlist. She received the same email as me (guaranteed acceptance next year if not offered one this year). I do not know which track she was, but I would guess Boston track. I haven't heard anything from Tufts yet.

Yes, I also had a guaranteed acceptance for next year and was taken off the waitlist early July. Good luck!

Sorry, I'm pre-Medical, not pre-Dental, not sure why my profile says that...