2020-2021 Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone hear back today? I'm on the deferred train and I heard nothing. Still hopeful!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know if anyone has heard anything today?
I haven't seen anything yet. I compared this thread to that of last year and typically, there are a bunch of A-call posts back to back. I just keep making it worse for myself because I periodically check the member count on the Facebook group and it keeps growing :cryi:

Reactions: 1 user
What an all time suspenseful day :lol:. We do this again the next couple??

Reactions: 4 users
I am assuming since I didn't have a call today, I will get the deferral email around 6:30 PST. I'll keep you guys posted.

I am assuming since I didn't have a call today, I will get the deferral email around 6:30 PST. I'll keep you guys posted.
Hey it has to be a good sign that nobody reported an A call though right?

Reactions: 8 users
Hey it has to be a good sign that nobody reported an A call though right?
for context, people who interviewed on my day got an A call on Monday 1/4, but we all received emails on 1/6. They got one telling them how to matriculate and I got one saying I was deferred. Soooo yeah probably a good thing?

I'm sure this has been asked before but is there any hope for getting an II here? I would love to attend this school.

Reactions: 4 users
for context, people who interviewed on my day got an A call on Monday 1/4, but we all received emails on 1/6. They got one telling them how to matriculate and I got one saying I was deferred. Soooo yeah probably a good thing?
Ahhh I see thanks for the info. So its also possible that a few lucky ducks got a call and didnt report. Welp. Gonna stay positive until I hear otherwise!

• Care
How many applicants do you guys think are still awaiting either an II or R from the admissions team? A few ? A small bunch? A big bunch?

Also, I did call the admissions office, and was told that they will be interviewing through the very end of March. The last possible date that you should hear back about an II (or R, I am assuming) would be March 10. I did ask if there is a possibility of more interview slots being added in April, and she said that may be possible only if the committee finds those additions necessary.

Personally, I don't feel confident going into the last part of the interview season, but I wish you all the best of luck. TUSM is a very supportive and community-oriented place.

Yeah I see March 3rd and 22nd available for interviews. March 3rd wasn't an open slot when I checked a couple months ago, so they probably adding new slots on the fly!

For what it's worth, I got an interview on 12/17/20 and the only spots available were 3/17 and 3/22 which was quite the buzzkill. In January, I saw the 3/3 spot open up and quickly took the opportunity to get my II out of the way sooner. The spot actually closed up when I next checked but it was open again yesterday when I checked.

Not sure what to conclude but might as well include this info in case anyone finds it useful.

I'm sure this has been asked before but is there any hope for getting an II here? I would love to attend this school.
Basically it's unlikely (especially given the 3/3 and 3/22 spot seems to have either been filled by a non SDN-er or just will go unfilled). In theory we'll hear sometime next week for potential Rs (though on their website they say March 31st is deadline to hear back ala AAMC supposed guidelines)

Members don't see this ad :)
Basically it's unlikely (especially given the 3/3 and 3/22 spot seems to have either been filled by a non SDN-er or just will go unfilled). In theory we'll hear sometime next week for potential Rs (though on their website they say March 31st is deadline to hear back ala AAMC supposed guidelines)
FYI I just checked my portal and 3/3 is now filled but 3/22 is still open. I don't see any other open dates but they might be added later on!

• Care
FYI I just checked my portal and 3/3 is now filled but 3/22 is still open. I don't see any other open dates but they might be added later on!
Can I just say I love you and everyone here who has helped provided the people with silence/waiting with information?

I do wonder if the 3/3 was someone who moved their interview up or a non sdn-er though.. questions that will haunt at 2 am

Reactions: 1 users
Ahhh I see thanks for the info. So its also possible that a few lucky ducks got a call and didnt report. Welp. Gonna stay positive until I hear otherwise!
So I just bit the bullet and emailed the admissions office to ask about what day decisions come out. We will see.

Reactions: 6 users
just got a pre-II R. complete mid-september, so sad

edit: do you get another email if you also applied to the maine track?

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
So I just bit the bullet and emailed the admissions office to ask about what day decisions come out. We will see.
For Maine Track or Boston? I interviewed 2/5 for maine track... edge of my seat :rolleyes:

Pre-II R for Maine track. Complete in August.

• Care
Ralph Wiggum Reaction GIF

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
have you gotten anything back yet? I'm also waiting for Maine Track
No bites yet. I haven't heard a peep. I assume they are either delayed or we will hear today about deferrals?

I think they are probably just behind. Last month calls went out on Tuesday and Thursday and I got the deferral email on Thursday afternoon. Because no A's have been reported at all for this month (I know SDN is a small sample but still) I would imagine they haven't started calling yet. Wishing everyone good luck!!!!

how late do we think calls usually go into the day??

A!! Got the call about an hour and a half ago, interviewed 2/3.

• Love
Can any former student speak to the rigor of Pre clinical? P/F and stuff like that. I have the A here but was going to go to my state school up until they placed me on a rural campus.

Do we think there’ll be a 2nd day of phone calls like there usually is?
I'm hoping that's the case. Looks like those As were clustered around 2:30pm EST and were for the Boston track. Limited sample size ofc, but I'm cautiously optimistic as a Maine Tracker

although maybe some calls did go out Monday just weren’t reported here....

So like... if I was complete in August and haven’t heard either way..... is an update letter worth it? It’s literally March 4th. Why haven’t they just rejected me

So like... if I was complete in August and haven’t heard either way..... is an update letter worth it? It’s literally March 4th. Why haven’t they just rejected me
Same boat as you. Sent an update a few weeks ago. I’d say it bodes well for us, but not as well as those with interviews lol. I’m just hanging on since this is my only chance at an interview this cycle!

hit with that cold hard Maine Track R yesterday afternoon. OOS, complete 9/3. low stats but good EC's. oh well! Good luck everyone!

• Care
  • Sad
Same and sent in update yesterday! It may be a hail mary but if you have the time and energy, why not take the shot. It's not over til it's over!!