2020-2021 Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can any former student speak to the rigor of Pre clinical? P/F and stuff like that. I have the A here but was going to go to my state school up until they placed me on a rural campus.
Expected M25 here! The pre-clinicals are P/F and not ranked. The clinicals are ranked. Can't speak for rigor since I haven't started the program yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything about the Maine Track scholarships? Like when they'll be sent out (or if they already have lol)?

Are there still late Jan/ early feb Boston interviewees still waiting on a decision?

Does anyone know when the last interview date is? It says March on their website, but ... when exactly?

Will deferred applicants hear back right after the interview season ends?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has the portal been updated for accepted applicants? Or has there been any confirmation email? I missed their call Wednesday & this morning and it's killing me.

Has the portal been updated for accepted applicants? Or has there been any confirmation email? I missed their call Wednesday & this morning and it's killing me.
Two calls :lol: oh so its over for those who haven't heard back

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
The portal does update if you're accepted. If you were accepted, you will see an "Offer" tab in-between "interview schedule" and "status".

Pre-II R, complete mid-Sept

• Care
Pre-II R, complete 9/3. Good luck everybody !

• Care
After surviving many R waves, I finally joined the Pre-ii R crew today. Good luck to any survivors still remaining

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
+123456789 to the pre-II R

• Care
Seems like survived the R wave but is there hope for an II at this point?

Reactions: 4 users
OOS and have dodged R waves but I have little to no hope at this point :(
I’m a Texan but living in Boston for 6 months bc fiancé got a new job here. Would this give me ties? Is it update worthy? Basically I would 100% forego all Texas opportunities to be in Massachusetts for this reason lol. I’m desperate.

OOS and have dodged R waves but I have little to no hope at this point :(
I’m a Texan but living in Boston for 6 months bc fiancé got a new job here. Would this give me ties? Is it update worthy? Basically I would 100% forego all Texas opportunities to be in Massachusetts for this reason lol. I’m desperate.
Might as well send an update and letter of interest if you are that certain. What do you have to lose by giving it a try? If you need to reapply next year, you'd have it on record that you were very interested in the program and that may work in your favor if you apply as early as possible. You can also look into labs in Boston for now if you dont already have a job. Boston is a research powerhouse. I feel like recruiters email me on monthly basis for positions in Cambridge and I live about and hour out of the city. The pay is pretty awesome for some of those roles, too. So worst case scenario, you can save up and show super close ties for next cycle after settling into the city a bit more.

Has anyone here received an A to the Maine track in the past few months?

Reactions: 9 users
Tufts rejected me. C'est la vie. Life is cruel, treats you unfairly

• Care
Maine Track deferral a couple minutes ago.. interviewed 2/5

Last edited:
  • Care
Also got the Maine Track deferral email a little after 3pm est today. Interviewed 1/29

• Care
Deferral from Maine Track +1

• Care