2013-2014 University of Washington School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm confused. I'm part of WWAMI but I just received my financial aid and it states my estimated tuition is 61,209 (non-resident tuition). I thought WWAMI students paid the resident tuition of 31,000. Should I contact financial aid?

Yes, I've heard of a few other residents getting flagged as nonresidents. You have to call them up and do another residency questionnaire.

Members don't see this ad.

I also got pre- interview rejection feed back last year, fixed whatever was suggested.

Alright peeps, it's official! Straight from Californiaaaaa, here I come!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone have the 2014 or 2013 match list for UW? I can only seem to find the 2012...

not sure where you can find it online, but they have it on a giant poster in their office if you want to go in and look at it :rolleyes:

not sure where you can find it online, but they have it on a giant poster in their office if you want to go in and look at it :rolleyes:

haha well it's a bit of a trek from DC where I am now but good idea

Anyone have any experience with the Commodore Duchess apartment building?

Has anyone successfully petitioned to get their Spokane site placement switched to Seattle yet? If so, did you email Dr. Teitz to petition, and how long did the process take?

Thanks!

Has anyone successfully petitioned to get their Spokane site placement switched to Seattle yet? If so, did you email Dr. Teitz to petition, and how long did the process take?

Thanks!

Still waiting. The first email they sent said mid-May, but they've been kind of slow for most things so we'll see. I've been waiting to hear to sign a lease, so I'm hoping that they'll send word soon.

Still waiting. The first email they sent said mid-May, but they've been kind of slow for most things so we'll see. I've been waiting to hear to sign a lease, so I'm hoping that they'll send word soon.

when did you email in a request?

Any other alternate-listers in SDNland getting anxious about movement? It's been stuck on #23 for almost two weeks...

Edit: Applicant portal just updated to #31. Sigh of relief!

Last edited:
It's sitting at #36 right now but I think sometimes they forget to update the applicant portal. Still waiting... Movement is slow but I still have some hope. If you want to call the office, they are really nice to talk to! Since I called not too long ago, I don't want to bug them again :)

Is this the right thread to ask if UWash has admissions workshops? If someone knows of one, please reply here or send me a message.

If you are looking to apply, there will probably be a 2014-2015 application thread soon if not already.
Start here:
http://www.uwmedicine.org/education/md-program/admissions/applicants

I know they do focus group sessions every year.

"2014 Information Sessions
Our general information sessions are offered regularly throughout the year. Students who are considering medical school and are not familiar with the application process or timeline should consider attending these sessions. The following topics will be covered: a brief overview of the MD curriculum, admissions process, and application. These sessions are led by the Director of Admissions, Stella Yee.

Our next Information Session will be held on July 18th, from 3-4 pm, in A-325.

Registration is not required to attend this session, but we do recommend you to register to guarantee a space.

For more information please email [email protected] or call 206.543.7212.

Thank-you."

You can watch the previously recorded ones online (very helpful):
http://www.uwmedicine.org/education/md-program/admissions/applicants/advice#2014

About actual workshops? Don't know. Might have to call: 206.543.7212