2018-2019 Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know what’s the penalty for accepting the offer and declining it later in the cycle? There is not a deposit requested upon offer acceptance for DUKE-NUS

Members don't see this ad.

Also received my offer. Just the MD part, the PhD part is still pending. Crossing my fingers.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Drop me a message through here for your number?

Hi there! I’ve also been accepted to the entering class of 2019. I can’t seem to private message you... I made an account just to be added to the whatsapp group and I’m not familiar with this platform.

Reactions: 1 user
Seems that the places available are slowly getting fewer and fewer!... keeping finger crossed! CNY is coming, possibly we might hear from them after?

Happy CNY everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Seems that the places available are slowly getting fewer and fewer!... keeping finger crossed! CNY is coming, possibly we might hear from them after?

Happy CNY everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Yeah..same to you! Just wondering how many people are there in the whatsapp group already?

Members don't see this ad :)
Dear chocolate.lover, hopefully we both can hear good news. They just finished one interview session yesterday. Maybe some acceptance and rejection news.

Sounds like we are consoling each other. It's heartening to receive support from a fellow applicant. Hopefully we can both gain admission. :)

Offer in just now (clearly stated MD-PhD)! Interviewed on 10 Dec. Nothing from the financial aid yet. Wish all of you getting an offer soon!!

received MD-PhD offer yesterday too. hope yall hear good news soon!

@Captainmilo Hi, I'm accepted to the program and would like to join the WhatsApp group. I would be grateful if you can send me a message for the invitation

I am thinking if passing the two month mark from interview with no news, would that be equal to being waitlisted? Coz if so I hope to start making some alternative plansmaybe I will check with the admission committee if still no news by early March.

For those being accepted, did you guys choose early admission or regular admission? Cheers everyone

I am thinking if passing the two month mark from interview with no news, would that be equal to being waitlisted? Coz if so I hope to start making some alternative plansmaybe I will check with the admission committee if still no news by early March.

For those being accepted, did you guys choose early admission or regular admission? Cheers everyone
I was accepted as an early admission applicant two and a half month past the interview, so hang in there if you haven't heard back. The good news may come in in the following weeks.

I was accepted as an early admission applicant two and a half month past the interview, so hang in there if you haven't heard back. The good news may come in in the following weeks.

Thank you so much ReginaZ0403. Meant a lot!:)

Check last year's forum. Some Dec interviewees got offer in April.

Lazy surgeon , riho247. When did u guys interview ?

Just withdrew - hope my seat goes to one of you! Good luck!

Hey, is anyone on here going to the applicant day on Mar 4 at Duke? I know all of you have been through the process already, and I'm pretty late to the party :oops: Any tips for the day or preparation for the interviews would be awesome! I saw that some of you had been sent a schedule for the Applicant Day but I've literally gotten nothing...like "you're invited, come here, bring this list of things" and that's about it. Could anyone give me a rundown of how the day goes? Thank youu!

Congratulations to all of you that already got accepted! :)

Hey guys,
How long does it typically take to get an interview after submission of the application. Seems like the applicant days posted in the website are pretty close, and I have not heard anything yet.

Thanks

I am not too sure if there is a one-process-fit-all kinda thing because I know it differs from applicant to applicant.

For me, I submitted my application on the 28th Jan, and was notified only a few days later. I interviewed on the 11th Feb Applicant Day!

But I also know of people in previous cycles who submitted their application in October only to be called up around Mar for the last few Applicant Days. So hang in there, your time will come! :)

I am not too sure if there is a one-process-fit-all kinda thing because I know it differs from applicant to applicant.

For me, I submitted my application on the 28th Jan, and was notified only a few days later. I interviewed on the 11th Feb Applicant Day!

But I also know of people in previous cycles who submitted their application in October only to be called up around Mar for the last few Applicant Days. So hang in there, your time will come! :)

Thank you @Chinmonology

Hey guys,
How long does it typically take to get an interview after submission of the application. Seems like the applicant days posted in the website are pretty close, and I have not heard anything yet.

Thanks

Hi,

Just wanted to check if you've heard from Duke-NUS ever since your last post? The applicant day schedule that was previously on the website doesn't seem to be there anymore, and even I am waiting to hear from the university. Wonder if there are any more applicant days scheduled or if I've just not been selected.

Hi,

Just wanted to check if you've heard from Duke-NUS ever since your last post? The applicant day schedule that was previously on the website doesn't seem to be there anymore, and even I am waiting to hear from the university. Wonder if there are any more applicant days scheduled or if I've just not been selected.

Not yet. The last Applicant day posted in the website was March 11. Hope they will schedule new applicant days . But this wait is getting quite scary.

Hi all,
I am stoked!!! Accepted, with lots of thankfulness.
Approximately when did u guys receive the financial aid package after the acceptance offer? Is it directly from the FA office or the Admissions team?

Would it be more than 2 weeks? I am thinking if I need to contact the FA office sooner to verify or simply wait for a few days first.

@Captainmilo and @jaz72 could u PM me so I can write you my number and add me to the whatsapp group? Appreciated! I tried message you both but the system cannot.

For those who are still waiting: hang in there!! The time will come!!

Hi all,
Approximately when did u guys receive the financial aid package after the acceptance offer? Is it directly from the FA office or the Admissions team?

Would it be more than 2 weeks? I am thinking if I need to contact the FA office sooner to verify or simply wait for a few days first.

@Captainmilo and @jaz72 could u PM me so I can write you my number and add me to the whatsapp group? Appreciated! I tried message you both but the system cannot.

Congrats! I got my financial aid (from FA) along with the offer (from admissions), probably because I submitted my FA application before the interview. I reckon it might take a couple more weeks in your case.

Hi all,

Hey! Congrats on the offer!! I actually didn't get my FA info until about 2-3 weeks post offer, granted I was taking forever to fill in my info ^.^