2018-2019 Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi all,
I am stoked!!! Accepted, with lots of thankfulness.
Approximately when did u guys receive the financial aid package after the acceptance offer? Is it directly from the FA office or the Admissions team?

Would it be more than 2 weeks? I am thinking if I need to contact the FA office sooner to verify or simply wait for a few days first.

@Captainmilo and @jaz72 could u PM me so I can write you my number and add me to the whatsapp group? Appreciated! I tried message you both but the system cannot.

For those who are still waiting: hang in there!! The time will come!!

Congrats mate!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats! I got my financial aid (from FA) along with the offer (from admissions), probably because I submitted my FA application before the interview. I reckon it might take a couple more weeks in your case.

Hey Jaz72, thank you for your reply and kind congrats!! Got that, probably wait for a little bit then! Honestly I should have submitted that earlier coz I am so eager to know now!

Hey! Congrats on the offer!! I actually didn't get my FA info until about 2-3 weeks post offer, granted I was taking forever to fill in my info ^.^

Thank you so much the same Bvan95! Haha I took sometime to gather all info from my fam too!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I was wondering if anyone else has received any updates from the school this week? I am getting pretty worried.

I received update that my application is still under active review - not sure if that equates to being waitlisted?

Members don't see this ad :)
My best friend has a MD Skype interview on Wednesday and I have my PhD component interview on Thursday. So, I feel that since interviews are still ongoing, decisions will come out a little later? Although, no but the admissions office knows so...

Fingers crossed for those still waiting.

My best friend has a MD Skype interview on Wednesday and I have my PhD component interview on Thursday. So, I feel that since interviews are still ongoing, decisions will come out a little later? Although, no but the admissions office knows so...

Fingers crossed for those still waiting.

existential crisis, you mean they do the PhD interview separately for those apply for MD-PhD? :eek:

Hi! Does anyone know if waitlisted/rejected applicants will be notified via email as well? Someone mentioned in the past years' thread that he/she received her rejection letter via snail mail but he/she didn't mention whether they got an email first. Just want to mentally prepare myself for the worst case scenario...

Hi! Does anyone know if waitlisted/rejected applicants will be notified via email as well? Someone mentioned in the past years' thread that he/she received her rejection letter via snail mail but he/she didn't mention whether they got an email first. Just want to mentally prepare myself for the worst case scenario...

Please check past years' thread. Some waited till April to be notified of being waitlisted.

From DUKE-NUS website:

"All applicants will receive notification of their application status (accepted, placed on the wait list, or not accepted) latest by April. Applicants placed on the waitlist should expect to hear the outcome latest by July. All notifications will be sent via email and mail."

Hope this helps.

Anyone who only applied for PhD? I am so worried since not much info about PhD application....

Anyone who only applied for PhD? I am so worried since not much info about PhD application....

From the school webpage, it is stated that the offers for PhD (IBM) will be made in March. It's almost the end of March, so I guess slightly more than a week of waiting?

From the school webpage, it is stated that the offers for PhD (IBM) will be made in March. It's almost the end of March, so I guess slightly more than a week of waiting?

Yeah, I assumed that as well. But people were saying that it would be until end of April? If in waiting list, it would be JULY? So stressed right now...

Yeah, I assumed that as well. But people were saying that it would be until end of April? If in waiting list, it would be JULY? So stressed right now...

I strongly recommend you also apply to PhD programmes in NUS institutes because they may have higher monthly allowance.

I strongly recommend you also apply to PhD programmes in NUS institutes because they may have higher monthly allowance.

Oh really? I don't think they do. I think normal monthly stipend for NUS PhD would be 2000? for internationals. And I just got rejected by NUS CSI programme which has 3000 allowance.....

Does anyone know if the MD program has sent out rejection letters yet? No shame in admitting :)
Just checking because I want to know if the reason I haven't heard anything from the school yet is because they're saving rejection notices till the end, or because they're still considering my application...

Does anyone know if the MD program has sent out rejection letters yet? No shame in admitting :)
Just checking because I want to know if the reason I haven't heard anything from the school yet is because they're saving rejection notices till the end, or because they're still considering my application...

You can email Duke NUS. They reply within a few days.

IIRC the admissions committee mentioned during Applicant's Day that they will not be sending out rejection letters till the very end (possibly July). Technically, anyone who is not accepted yet will be automatically put on the wait list. Hopefully, all will be clearer in the next few days as April draws near. Hang in there my friends, there's still hope for us! *fingers crossed*

Reactions: 1 users
IIRC the admissions committee mentioned during Applicant's Day that they will not be sending out rejection letters till the very end (possibly July). Technically, anyone who is not accepted yet will be automatically put on the wait list. Hopefully, all will be clearer in the next few days as April draws near. Hang in there my friends, there's still hope for us! *fingers crossed*

Hopefully we will hear good news soon.

If you are MD-Ph.D Its longer wait (anyway, not the relevant year for Ph.D. as first 2 years are MD)
If you are only for the Ph.D., from what I know they already sent offers. waiting 2 weeks for confirmation of slots before sending rejections...

If you are MD-Ph.D Its longer wait (anyway, not the relevant year for Ph.D. as first 2 years are MD)
If you are only for the Ph.D., from what I know they already sent offers. waiting 2 weeks for confirmation of slots before sending rejections...

Did you get an offer for MD/PhD?

Thank you for letting me know... So I guess I will receive rejections soon... sad now

@wsq745 you never know, there may be someone who decides not to take them up on their offer and you may get it. head up my friend. :)

Thank you for letting me know... So I guess I will receive rejections soon... sad now

Don't lose faith my friend. If plan A doesn't work out, you will always have plan B and plan C. Only time can reveal which plan is the best for you. :)

Thanks for sharing, I think I would be rejected soon as well...

For the PhD program?
I got you, mate. I also got rejected from NUS CSI last week, so I am actually thinking about finding a research job. Are you planning to reapply next year?

I got you, mate. I also got rejected from NUS CSI last week, so I am actually thinking about finding a research job. Are you planning to reapply next year?[/QUOTE
Possibly not, I got PhD offer from America, or I would apply for the residency directly.

This is purely speculation but I have a feeling the admitted students webinar was moved as there may be a new round of offers being sent out...hmm

Is it normal to wait for 3 1/2 months for an outcome (still waiting), or are my chances of being accepted quite bleak?