2018-2019 Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Guys,
I have not heard anything back after I submitted my application. My application was submitted on January 11, but MCAT scores were released on Feb 24. Do you think there is higher chance of rejection?

Members don't see this ad.

Guys,
I have not heard anything back after I submitted my application. My application was submitted on January 11, but MCAT scores were released on Feb 24. Do you think there is higher chance of rejection?
Hmm I think this is a bit tricky, since by now they are probably all done with Applicant Days... You can email the admission office to check :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Guys,
No one but the admissions office knows that. Get in touch with them. They’re really helpful.

Anyone knows if any offers for the Feb and Mar Applicant Day participants have been made yet?

I interviewed in Feb, and also haven't heard anything. I think the admissions office hasn't sent out any offers yet for Feb and March people, so maybe there's still hope there!

It is April from tmr onwards, al the best to those who are still waiting for the outcome!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I think they just released a new batch of offers today, just received mine! One day after April Fool's day haha.

I’m also still waiting, along with a few others who interviewed with me. We interviewed on Mar 4 at Duke, we all just interviewed for MD. PhD component was a separate interview from that day. was told we’d hear back earliest during the last week of March but more likely will be early April. They also said that no news was good news. So I don’t know but I THINK they still haven’t released the last round of offers....I hope. Seems the previous round released was more for Feb interviewees. Correct me if I’m wrong! Good luck to those still waiting as well, hang in there

Dec 10, for MD. A couple of people who interviewed with me have either been accepted/rejected around mid-march til now, but I just haven't heard anything back yet.
I thought they haven’t sent out any rejections?

Just withdrew my offer. Hope my seat goes to one of you!

Did anyone receive any updates about your status? Like if your application is still under active review? Because I am preparing for the worst now.

Does anyone know what is the difference between Under Review and Under Active Review? Mine has been stuck at Under Review since the interview...

If I am not mistaken (source: reddit; two people have interviews next week) that interviews are still ongoing. Seats are probably still open.

This is a good news to hear. But on the side note, I think it's quite inconvenient and upsetting that Duke-NUS keeps holding its decision till the end, especially when offers (for those submitting multiple places) are coming in and the students need full information to make informed decision on where to go next.

If I am not mistaken (source: reddit; two people have interviews next week) that interviews are still ongoing. Seats are probably still open.

which reddit thread is this?

Mine has also been "under review", it's never been "under active review". Does "under active review" exist?? Is it different?

Last edited:
This is a good news to hear. But on the side note, I think it's quite inconvenient and upsetting that Duke-NUS keeps holding its decision till the end, especially when offers (for those submitting multiple places) are coming in and the students need full information to make informed decision on where to go next.
Also for people who have jobs. My colleagues are always asking if I’m leaving or staying, because it’ll take them a proper few months to find a replacement.
And I’m always like, “I don’t know!”

Also for people who have jobs. My colleagues are always asking if I’m leaving or staying, because it’ll take them a proper few months to find a replacement.
And I’m always like, “I don’t know!”

Totally agree with you. My boss keep asking me if I am staying but my reply is always "I don't know".

And she's holding back my promotion because she don't want to promote someone who is going to leave the job soon.

which reddit thread is this?

Mine has also been "under review", it's never been "under active review". Does "under active review" exist?? Is it different?
I think it's this one:

I thought all the Applicant Days are over, so this seems a little odd...

Sounds like that OP is confusing the NUS Medicine (Yong Loo Lin) with Duke-NUS. The same op is active in threads discussing their A levels results and admission to undergraduate programs. I don’t think they’re interviewing at Duke-NUS.