2019-2020 Hofstra

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
just got the A interviewed 12/26

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
welp, interviewed 12/9 and nothing :-( should’ve seen this coming with my luck lol

• Sad
images

Interviewed in October and just want them to send me the R/WL email at this point

• Wow
Reactions: 8 users
Omg there's a decision from late December... I thought I was safe for a week or so

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know how much movement their wait-list sees?

IIRC, last year they had 2 tiers of waitlist and the higher one saw plenty of movement. Did you get a WL email though? I don't recall seeing any WLs in this thread so far.

Reactions: 1 user
should i still be expecting an interview? I know people who applied after me and already got rejection email I dont know what to expect

images

Interviewed in October and just want them to send me the R/WL email at this point
Same boat. Interviewed late October. Faculty interviewer said they want me and it was a strong yes. Still silence. No portal update or any email/mail.

Why do school's love playing with our feelings?

• Sad
should i still be expecting an interview? I know people who applied after me and already got rejection email I dont know what to expect
According to their email:
“Our interview season runs from September through early February and invitations to interview are sent throughout this timeframe.”

So interview invites should stop around the end of January/beginning of February (my guess)

has anybody accepted in the first batch heard from fin aid yet?

Interviewed in early September, just got an email that my application is still under review.

Waitlisted 1st tier, interviewed late September

• Sad
Reactions: 7 users
WL - withdrew application. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed early sept, 1st tier waitlist today.

• Sad
Interviewed October, 2nd tier waitlist. Doesn't seem promising.

• Sad
Declined my WL offer, good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
when y'all say WL 1st tier do you mean "application is still under review...blah blah blah"? or did they hit you with a WL?

when y'all say WL 1st tier do you mean "application is still under review...blah blah blah"? or did they hit you with a WL?

It's a WL. They just have two levels of WL.

• Sad
mine email doesn't say wait list anywhere on it, are you just reading between the lines?
It sounds like there might be (at least) 3 different outcomes: a deferral, a 1st tier WL, and a 2nd tier WL. Sounds like you got a deferral.

my email said:

Thank you for your continued interest in the Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell. We enjoyed meeting you on your interview day and appreciate the patience that you have shown while we have evaluated your application.

This email serves as an update that your application remains under review and will continue to be considered for a position in our next class between now and the end of February.

We appreciate your continued patience during this admissions cycle and wish you the very best as the season progresses.

my email said:

Thank you for your continued interest in the Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell. We enjoyed meeting you on your interview day and appreciate the patience that you have shown while we have evaluated your application.

This email serves as an update that your application remains under review and will continue to be considered for a position in our next class between now and the end of February.

We appreciate your continued patience during this admissions cycle and wish you the very best as the season progresses.
Yeah, yours sounds like a deferral. So you may get either an A or a WL sometime in February.

I just got my second-tier waitlist email. Withdrawing.

• Sad
  • Hmm
Reactions: 5 users
2nd tier waitlist. This is basically a rejection right?

1st tier waitlist, interviewed in September. Will be withdrawing, good luck everyone!

Withdrew from the WL

2nd Tier WL as well. It ain't over till it's over... but I guess it's over for me. So sad.

• Sad
I got deferred just now. Interviewed Dec 18th. Can they stop playing with my feelings TT__TT

• Sad